What is Your Current College G.P.A.....or What Did You Graduate With & Did It Matter to Employers..?

Originally Posted by eLNiNo4530

Originally Posted by derrty6232

2.7 college GPA with an Entrepreneurship major and Sales/Marketing minor. Graduated this past December, hired in February, promoted last week.

I make $80k/year in sales, I work a fraction of the time all of my friends do and make double what they do.

Did not matter.
Inferiority complex?
nerd.gif
laugh.gif
not in the least. I'm proud of what I've made for myself and I know those close to me are as well.

I'm just saying that my friends who locked themselves away in their room or the library studying in college don't necessarily make what they thought they would or do what they thought they would. A personality and work ethic > a GPA

What school did you graduate from that offered an entrepreneurship major? The only one I know of is Babson College.

Originally Posted by scshift

Originally Posted by Destination Kicks

It's cool so far, mostly focusing on Econ though since I had so many core classes to take and can now finally get into the Finance stuff. I definitely think Econ. majors look better on resume's too then having just a Business major.

I'll probably do the reverse, major in Finance, minor in Econ and take some psychology and law courses to compliment that. I want the total package.

Are those 2 fields abnormally difficult/a lot of work? I've talked to business majors and they say it's alright, but I haven't talked to any Econ majors.
Yeah at my school, there's no Finance major. You can major in Business with a concentration in Finance. I would say they are definitely the most difficult business-related classes seeing as they deal a lot with numbers and calculations. I've always been pretty good with math so I don't really mind it.

Originally Posted by Destination Kicks

Yeah at my school, there's no Finance major. You can major in Business with a concentration in Finance. I would say they are definitely the most difficult business-related classes seeing as they deal a lot with numbers and calculations. I've always been pretty good with math so I don't really mind it.

That's what worries me most whenever people say a major is math-intensive.

I'm great at applicable math (algebra, trig, calculus), but when it comes to unorthodox problem solving or stuff like vectors, radians, proofs, I suck.

I'm guessing most of the business-related math skills are practical ones.

3.2 two semesters left, need at 3.5 to get into the school and the master  I want 

3.2 in college. Screwed around too much but ultimately no regrets as I still made into med school (3.94 GPA here
pimp.gif
)

3.64 overall 3.95 major. majored in finance. yes it mattered to get my job and will be very important when applying to get my MBA.

What school did you graduate from that offered an entrepreneurship major? The only one I know of is Babson College.

Central Michigan University. Awesome program that gave me a look at all aspects of business...def has helped a lot

Central Michigan University. Awesome program that gave me a look at all aspects of business...def has helped a lot

Nice man... I might be PMing you later on with questions regarding that experience.

Do you have any plans now or in the future to start your own business? Do any of your friends/classmates have such plans?

3.0 undergrad
3.5 so far in my graduate program.

GPA matters in meeting requirements to getting into graduate school, but will not matter for the field I will be in when I graduate.

Nice man... I might be PMing you later on with questions regarding that experience.

Do you have any plans now or in the future to start your own business? Do any of your friends/classmates have such plans?
A lot of people that were in my classes have successful businesses, for me I just wanted the experience. After the final projects and things I decided having my own business just wasn't the commitment I wanted to make. The sales job I found replicates having your own business though so all the experience comes in handy.

Feel free to PM...I have nothing but positive things to say about a school that offers a program like that

Back
Top Bottom