What is your first impression of smokers?

Just hate sitting in class and smelling the stench....
sick.gif

The cost is just
eek.gif
at what you get out of it... what you actually lose by doing it

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

How can you do this KNOWING that is has zero benefits and probably will kill you.

This man speaks the truth. Honestly I have no repsect for anyone who smokes, no respect for themselves

How can you do this KNOWING that is has zero benefits and probably will kill you.
This.

My father suffered a stroke July 2010, and it still recovering. It was determined that it was caused by clots ridden in his heart/legs due to smoking for as long as he did (easily 20+ years, quitting from time to time. In fact, he quit cold turkey four days before the stroke
frown.gif
30t6p3b.gif
).

I get pretty upset when I see close friends of mine smoking cigarettes, and even when strangers do. Like, I want to show them my dad and say "This can happen to you if you don't quit now."

#%%% cigarettes, never tried them, and never saw the point of them.

Women smokers are a bit of a turn off, but unless you wreak of smoke I don't really judge too much. Your addiction is your problem, I'm not the one spending the money on ridiculous tobacco prices.

I smoke, Its a habitat like any other. I get headaches and i bite my nails a ton. I am trying to quit now or at least go down to two a day. Honestly i only picked up smoking because within those 7 minutes of me smoking i thought about different *+#% and actually got better ideas flowing. Dont ask me why but it happens a lot when i smoke. *+#% i hate the smell of my hands after i smoke. But hey I am trying to quit so lets see how it goes.

Originally Posted by ****dog16

This man speaks the truth. Honestly I have no repsect for anyone who smokes, no respect for themselves
Do you say the same about people that eat fast food 3+ times per week? I don't know if you can say you can't respect those people though, kind of harsh don't you think?

BKMac, I was in a similar situation. I watched someone not listen to me for years about taking care of something. They ended up in the hospital and instead of me worrying about them, my first reaction was anger. Why anger you ask? Because it could have been avoided if they would have listened. Selfish I know. Unselfishly selfish though.

After seeing 1st hand what type of damage it causes, I feel sympathy.

Nicotine is so addictive and they may have started before they were old enough to truly understand the consequences.

Also if it's an attractive girl I become disappointed bc I know I could never date her. I just hope she doesn't have the smoke stench so that I can at least be cool with smashing

laugh.gif
all you dudes who say you hate people better hate fat people and everything else unhealthy too. 

not saying smoking isn't bad for you but no one makes it out alive.

Originally Posted by ****dog16

Do you say the same about people that eat fast food 3+ times per week? I don't know if you can say you can't respect those people though, kind of harsh don't you think?

BKMac, I was in a similar situation. I watched someone not listen to me for years about taking care of something. They ended up in the hospital and instead of me worrying about them, my first reaction was anger. Why anger you ask? Because it could have been avoided if they would have listened. Selfish I know. Unselfishly selfish though.

The thing about the fast food deal is you can work that off running, exercising, etc. Youve at least got a chance to not let yourself get in too bad of shape. If I had to dollar menu it 3 days a week, which college kids probably do alot anyway just because its inexpensive, its much less of a risk than smoking. Your not even giving yourself a chance to save yourself.

I was definitely angered at my dad in the unselfishly selfish way that you mentioned. I still am deep down, but I won't show it. If he had only listened to my mother and I whenever we told him to quit, he would not be in the position that he is in. He has changed not only his life, but also my mother and myself. But hey, I'll love him forever, and always be there for him.

I just don't understand how some of my friends who know about my dads situation, and are close with me where they are close with my parents, continue to smoke. Nowadays, my immediate group of friends that I've been hanging out with don't smoke at all. People look at us like we are nuts when all of us say we don't have a cigarette to let them grub off of
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by hymen man

yo! that dude cool!
smokin.gif

cigarettes - nervous, socially awkward, douche baggy, disgusting, poor, bad breath, addicted

weed - lazy, addicted, socially anxious (to fit in)

cigars (and no I don't mean black & milds
30t6p3b.gif
) - mature, intelligent, goal oriented, leader

just my honest opinion

sounds more like a bunch of stereotypes rather than an opinion...

but I enjoy a good cigar from time to time... (shrugs)

but peep in all my jobs all the managers/employees were always stressing about numbers and would take maaaad smoke breaks. it was to the point some of the socially awkward would pick up smoking to fit in and kiss *@* of the higher ups
30t6p3b.gif

but kickin it in the cigar shot you'd be surprised what kind of guys come in there to smoke and politic. the conversation is usually very interesting and a good Alec Bradley is nothing less than
pimp.gif

i hope no one takes offense to my opinion but its just how i see it.

Am i the only one who cant get addicted
laugh.gif

I smoked before to try it. Then i went to camp and smoked the whole weekend.
I did it right too felt the nicotine.
I stopped easily.
Few months later somked more with my friends and again easily stopped.
Havent smoked in forever and never think about it

If nothing else, smoking exposes other people to your habits and the danger of it. Me eating fast food has no impact on you. Nothing i hate more than people who smoke around the entrance of a building since you aren't allowed to smoke inside (and despite the fact it's illegal to do so within 50ft). Now I still have to walk through the cloud of cancer and death, plus people just throw their cigarette butts all over the place. It's also a putrid smell that is difficult to get rid of.

Originally Posted by kvsm23vs24

laugh.gif

I stopped easily.

same here
laugh.gif
i think its a personality thing. if you don't over indulge or have an addictive personality than there it is

But there are benefits to smoking, even while it's killing you. Mind blown.

Originally Posted by kvsm23vs24

laugh.gif

I stopped easily.
takes longer than a weekend to become addicted...

Lol I gotta say I had the same elitist view before I started smoking cigs daily but I'm not addicted so now I feel indifferent to it. I only smoke because almost everyone around me does and a stogie is good after a blunt and/or meal. Most of the time I find it repulsive actually but I just keep it to a minimum knowing I can quit whenever.

To those that smoke half a pack+ a day which includes a lot of people I know, more power to you cause I certainly cant do that *%#+.

I also make an effort to never smoke around kids, thats the least smokers can do

Back
Top Bottom