what is your opinion on the Chevrolet Corvette?

I love Vettes. The newest C6 is the best. I never thought I would like it when they dumped the flip headlights. I also plan on getting one this yr. I'm gonna go used so that I can trade in for the c7 in a few years.

At first I wanted the drop in the typical red, black or blue...now I'm a sucker for the yellow with black top.

They're cool but it's like a poor man's rich car if that makes sense. They're nice but for that price there's plenty of cars I would pick over that one. Plus they've had the same look for like 10 years straight, they're straight though

I'm in the "I'd rather spend my money on ___ then a Z-corvette" boat.

seriously, the car just seems so.....mundane. I'd prefer something foreign.

400-430 horses is what I need, especially for the price...I really can't say there are any cars better for the price. A Vette drop might go for 50k at its lowest>>>>>370Z/Camaro/Challenger/Mustang et al

pre 63.. classics = automatically gets love from me

63-67 1st gen stingrays (the black one Chris Tucker had in Rush Hour had me jealous)

68-82 2nd gen stingrays (favorite of all time..grandpa had a pearl one)

83-96 hate that model

97-04..better but not a fan big of

05-present nice..I'm not a huge fan of them.. BUT ZR1s are pretty sexy
tongue.gif

My dad bought a used one when I graduated high school, traded that in and bought a new Z06 when I graduated college. I'm pushing an old Honda CRV ftw!

Here's my Dad's 1998 C5. Has Zo7 wheels.
He was going to get a C6, but held off.
Thing only has 20k miles
pimp.gif

qp2dfp.jpg

Very underappreciated car. I think people take it for granted because you can see it on the street out here every day, but people fail to realize that the ZR1 is actually a super car. It's a beautiful machine that, unfortunately, is only paid attention to old guys out here in the states for some reason... The Corvette and the new Mustangs are both cars that I would seriously consider buying.

The whole line is unbelievable. I use to valet and once a group of regulars came in with: A SLR McLaren Mercedes, a Bentley GT, and a Tuned Corvette (cant remember model). The guys corvette was pushing 550 HP.

That is why they are my dream car because of the history behind it and they are relatively affordable.. The ZR1 Corvette is the best of the line by far. I read that there wasn't a 1983 Corvette due to production issues and they was only 1 1983 Corvette made and it is located at the Corvette place in Kentucky.. The C4 and C5 models was my least favorite Corvette also..

Originally Posted by BananaBoy2601

Originally Posted by Night Marcher01

Originally Posted by Drunken Cow

I'd rock one, but I rather get a cts-v

Do you know what engine they put in those? Take a wild guess.
Do you know which steering wheel they use in the Vette? Take a wild guess.
Do you know what chassis the CTS-V uses? Take a wild guess.

Originally Posted by FDUB

Any thoughts? I honestly think it is the best american sports car out there hands down.. I just wish the interior on them would use more higher quality meterials for the price they are charging. I plan on getting one in a few years.. That's my dream car. What do you guys think about the classic sports car?

NOPE. THE BEST AMERICAN SPORTS CAR IS THE FORD GT40. I LOVE WHEN THEY HAVE THIS CAR ON TOP GEAR. CLOSEST WE HAVE TO A SUPERCAR BESIDES I THINK THE (SALEEN S7?). THE CORVETTE IS NICE BUT I WOULD PROBALBY STILL GRAB A DODGE VIPER OVER IT.

Back
Top Bottom