What It's Like To Be In An Interracial Relationship - A Dating Thread

you know what doesn't go well together?

normal people and jehova's witness' 

tired.gif

Interracial relationships is cool, only thing that is annoying to me is when the parents sometimes go out of their way to show you they ain't racist.

It's never hard unless they want you to be cool with their racist family. Like back in the day when my Chinese ex girlfriend's racist parents thought I was Mexican. Always told her I was an undercover gangbanger or some @#$% (even though I was getting straight As at a private high school) and was lying about my ethnicity. Hated them with a passion, and I ended up hating her cause she kept trying to get me to be friendly with them :lol:

Last edited:
I'm black and have never slept with a blk chick. I had lil flings in high school but nothing serious. I think black love is boring and if I want to experience it their are plenty movies that will due.

My daughters mom is white. My ex-wife was latina.

White culture is a lil hard to swallow for me. but I can dig hispanic culture. Their culture is allot easier to digest, even with the language barrier.

The key to having a good interracial relationship are the parents. If the parents are cool, the relationship will be breezy. If you and your girl are going through a rough patch and parents are cool with you, they will think its her fault and vice versa. If not she could have cheated, gotten preggers by another man and burned you and it will be your fault.

I would not get into another relationship where the parents dont like me. Cause thats where shes going when shes pissed.

Last edited:
I'm black and have never slept with a blk chick. I had lil flings in high school but nothing serious. I think black love is boring and if I want to experience it their are plenty movies that will due.

My daughters mom is white. My ex-wife was latina.

White culture is a lil hard to swallow for me. but I can dig hispanic culture. Their culture is allot easier to digest, even with the language barrier.

The key to having a good interracial relationship are the parents. If the parents are cool, the relationship will be breezy. If you and your girl are going through a rough patch and parents are cool with you, they will think its her fault and vice versa. If not she could have cheated, gotten preggers by another man and burned you and it will be your fault.

I would not get into another relationship where the parents dont like me. Cause thats where shes going when shes pissed.
Man this is funny to me...

roll.gif

That "black love is boring to me" comment :rofl:

I've been in a couple. My most recent one with a white chick lasted a little over 3 years. My parents would always have some slick comments and I would normally call them out on it, in which they would backpedal faster than the best DB. Her mom was cool and had been in interracial relationships, so it was nothing to her. Her grandparents were cool as well, though they never offically knew we dated, so knew I was always around :lol: Honestly I faced more difficulty with her not having a dad more than being a different race, but that's a whole 'nother subject

Last edited:

you know what doesn't go well together?

normal people and jehova's witness' 

tired.gif
roll.gif

i think if your in an IR then you should state your race and your partners..

Never been in one personally, but i can't wait to give it go..

Anybody experienced any awkward jokes or taking the piss out of your enthicity/stereotypes, like 'black ppl are always late, white people can't dance' etc around or from your partner?

How about if y'all are in the car and a song comes on the radio that says the N word ever other line what do you do?

Do you keep singing along to a song with the N word in the hook?

(These questions can be applicable to all races, throw in your own stereotypes lol)

That "black love is boring to me" comment
roll.gif

I've been in a couple. My most recent one with a white chick lasted a little over 3 years. My parents would always have some slick comments and I would normally call them out on it, in which they would backpedal faster than the best DB. Her mom was cool and had been in interracial relationships, so it was nothing to her. Her grandparents were cool as well, though they never offically knew we dated, so knew I was always around
laugh.gif
Honestly I faced more difficulty with her not having a dad more than being a different race, but that's a whole 'nother subject
What happened? Just grew apart? 

The longest I dated a white chick was just under a year, and we broke it off because she started talking about having a baby, and marriage, and I'm like slow down...

She use to go on some site where you put up pictures of each other, and it will show how your kids will possibly look, and she use to send me that pic all the time...
grin.gif

I had to dead that. 

Last edited:
People stare.

I'm a black dude and all I date is Hispanic women and when we in public we get gawked at by black girls or Hispanic dudes.

The longest I dated a white chick was just under a year, and we broke it off because she started talking about having a baby, and marriage, and I'm like slow down...

She use to go on some site where you put up pictures of each other, and it will show how your kids will possibly look, and she use to send me that pic all the time...>D

I had to dead that. 
There's white girls out here who's goal is to have mixed race kids and name them Jayden word to the fools wildin thread. Blacks girls do it to for other ridiculous reasons. I don't think dudes think that deep.

There's white girls out here who's goal is to have mixed race kids and name them Jayden word to the fools wildin thread. Blacks girls do it to for other ridiculous reasons. I don't think dudes think that deep.
roll.gif

I think it depends alot of where you are.  Being a IR is no big thing to where Im originally from, but since we moved to where we are now, my wife and I do get a couple of looks (not a lot but enough to notice).

My wife is white and im a black dude btw. Our families are cool with it and are hella excited for us to be expecting our first child...

and no... his name not going to be Jayden
laugh.gif

That "black love is boring to me" comment :rofl:

I've been in a couple. My most recent one with a white chick lasted a little over 3 years. My parents would always have some slick comments and I would normally call them out on it, in which they would backpedal faster than the best DB. Her mom was cool and had been in interracial relationships, so it was nothing to her. Her grandparents were cool as well, though they never offically knew we dated, so knew I was always around :lol: Honestly I faced more difficulty with her not having a dad more than being a different race, but that's a whole 'nother subject

She use to go on some site where you put up pictures of each other, and it will show how your kids will possibly look, and she use to send me that pic all the time...>D

I had to dead that. 

Oh damn, she was talking about that under a year?? Man....

We did grow apart though, and it didn't help that the last year was pretty long distance (we had started dating midway through college). She'd come visit down here, then id go up and visit her **** hole state (AR). You remember that part in I Think I Love My Wife when Chris rock says "how ever many years you've been together, divide that in half, and that's how long you've been breaking up"? We I fully believe that, cause when I think back sometimes, that midpoint is when stuff starting changing, and not for the better.

Rather be in an interracial relationship again then have to deal with extremely wealthy parents. Bad relationship with my girls parents right now. Haven't seen them in 8 months. They live in a different world. Money can really change people apparently because my girl is mad down to earth and said they weren't always the way they are now. Sad.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom