What J's were you looking forward to but disappointed upon seeing in person?

Man the Olympic VI's weren't bad at all in my opinion.  I actually missed out on them and ended up paying the re-seller price which wasn't too bad considering I sniped someone on ebay.  I wore them not too long ago and got alot of compliments. There was no discomfort in wearing them at all.  I was really disappointed with the 3's 88' version.  They look mad cheap and bulky.  The fire red Vs as well...the leather is just not popping for me.

I had been looking forward to the Chicago X's for years. They change the jumpman color. O.K. They change the sock liner color. O.K. Then they release them with "leather" that's tumbled in some places and smooth in others. We're all waiting patiently for JB to release the rest of the city series even though they will be butchered...

Oh yeah, I agree with FDH. Those white 14's were an abomination...

Tour Yellow 4's. Very cool tongue, but the netting yellowed up fast and the midsoles were trash. Stitching was sub-par on both pairs I owned. I sold the second pair...

2012 Black/Red 11's. Size 12 didn't fit, not unusual for me. Size 12.5 still too tight in the toebox. Size 13 STILL too tight in the toebox. Damn JB...

Last edited:
the black varsity 6 hands down...the 2000 retro is one of the best retros ever imo...and that suede lookin stuff ruined a classic, couldnt cop...and the black cement 4...that cheap nubuck/suede mix bs, just killed one of my favorite pairs ever

Metallic V's 2011's,
Bred & Infrared VI's 2010's,
Flu Game 12's 2009's

that hideous suede

2012 Fire Red IV were trash. The materials they used were cheap, i might as well would have bought a fake one, pretty sure they use better material!
I'm now convinced that most of these "perfect" versions of Jordans that replica sites are puttin out are made with the same or better quality materials as authentics. I bought two pairs of the "Perfect" concord 11s and one pair of "Perfect" fire red 4s and i'm very impressed.

All the retro 13 s wit that paper toe box
sick.gif
i just got a pair of bred 13s from 98 in great shape and they are paper thin as well. I think thats just the way they are.

I'm not one to complain about the quality of Jordan's because over the last 5-7 years i have come to terms with expecting pics to look much better than actually quality.  Interestingly enough the pics of the Grape 5's look terrible so imagine what they ll actually be in person!

Also, the toro bravo 4's look to be the biggest disappointment of the year. red suede to cheap *** lookin nubuck

there were two shoes i was really looking forward to earlier this year: bred 13, and jordan 5 white/black-fire red.  bred 13 weren't terrible but the fact they didn't use 3M on the upper just took the sexiness of the shoe away.  jordan 5 was just plain bad quality.  it was sitting for quite some time so i picked it off the shelf on 3 occasions, determined to buy it as i pick it up each time, only to put it back down every time.

This topic has been beaten to death. I know some of you guys are buying the shoes and immediately selling them but what good does that do?

Let the shoes sit at the stores, let the retailer mark them down or possibly RTV them and only then you might see some changes.

On this subject I can honestly say that OG colourways from mid-2004 onward (Oly VII, White/Black II) and EVERY single OG/retro+ from 2008 starting with CDP packages has been utter garbage.

I'd have to say the Sky Highs. My favorite team jordan, and it's impossible to find the OG. When I heard they were retroing I was really happy. Copped three pairs, the highs, and two lows. The paint chipped off the leather and the creasing was in terrible taste. I still wear them from time to time, but I was really disappointed. 

Also the 2012 Olympic 7s, they looked so cheap they weren't even worth my time and money. Passed. 04s>92s>12s

And the fire red and grape 5s. Smooth shiny crappy leather, tiny netting, and tinted soles kept me away.

I have a long list but ill end it here... 
The Oly 6's would be my choice. Was super hyped when I ordered them from Soleheaven. Got the shoes, the box looked like someone had gnawed on it before it got to my place. The overall shape of the shoe is off. The shoe is also super uncomfortable. Every time I look at them, I want to hurl them against a brick wall.
I liked the shape and i think they are pretty comfortable, i just have one beef with them. The left shoe was smooth leather, the right was tumbled.
any white non-tumbled leather jordan retro except maybe the white/cement IVs has been a disappointment. the hard shiney leather is just sad.
This is true this is true. Laneys being tumbled leather made me happy 
laugh.gif
 (knicks and royals are also an exception)

Also the 2012 Olympic 7s, they looked so cheap they weren't even worth my time and money. Passed. 04s>92s>12s
04s were better than OGs? I had the 04s and they were terrible compared to the OG cardinal pair I had.
 In my book, the 04s were my preference. I like the shape change and they were comfortable to me.

Honestly, half the things you guys hate in terms of comfort i liked. Example being 06 Military blue 4s. I love the sturdiness 

Pearl VIIs, I was lead to believe they were white... lined up for them and waited... finally saw them and man... I wanted to shoot everybody! also 2013 bred XIIIs... saw them and I was like w...t...f...

In my book, the 04s were my preference. I like the shape change and they were comfortable to me.

Honestly, half the things you guys hate in terms of comfort i liked. Example being 06 Military blue 4s. I love the sturdiness 
So would you say 06 military blues> 89s or the 99 ivs? Just curious because imo those 06s were probably the worst quality/shape I've ever seen on a J.

So would you say 06 military blues> 89s or the 99 ivs? Just curious because imo those 06s were probably the worst quality/shape I've ever seen on a J.

I wouldn't say that, I'm just saying I liked them when most hated them :lol:

Another shoe that disappointed me where the 07 Fire Red IIIs. The worst cracking out of the IIIs I own and only wore them a couple of times due the cracking problem. The CDP Black/Cement IIIs didn't crack after three years of ware and I wore them a lot between 08 and 2011.

From what I see in here, I curious at to how many of you been able to see the shoes before the release? I know working in a store and looking at the shoe 1-2 weeks prior to release has an advantage. I already know what I'm passing on. I was def fooled on those Pearl 7's. I saw pics and was like :wow: (at the time, they looked sort of like a Knicks version of the 7's). Then we got them in, I saw them in person and was like :x. I knew they would sit.

Last edited:
Banned 1s....wasn't feeling the leather. Super freak/cover 3s....crease to hell. Also Olympic 6s weren't something i was very pleased with either.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom