What J's were you looking forward to but disappointed upon seeing in person?

I think they were the only pair of J's I've ever sold not for a profit...that's how much I wasn't feeling them. I sold for like $165 which is what I paid a reseller after I wasn't able to get at an outlet.

Last edited:
I think they were the only pair of J's I've ever sold not for a profit...that's how much I wasn't feeling them. I sold for like $165 which is what I paid a reseller after not being able to get at an outlet.
Banneds from 2011 or B/reds from 2009.

The silver anni XI's. I already had low expectations of them, but I was like "really" when I actually held them.

Banned 1s....wasn't feeling the leather. Super freak/cover 3s....crease to hell. Also Olympic 6s weren't something i was very pleased with either.

Wut? 

They finally use real leather, and you don't like it?  
laugh.gif

YOUR AVATAR IS APPROPRIATE FOR THAT COMMENT. :lol:

HAS ANYONE SAID THE FLU GAME 12'S? I THINK THAT HAS BEEN THE BIGGEST DISSAPPOINTMENT FOR ME FROM JORDAN BRAND EVER. MAN I WAS SO PUMPED WHEN I HEARD BRED 12'S WERE COMING BACK. ONCE I SAW PICS, :smh:

How could some of y'all say Bred XIII's? If you saw pics with a flash, you'd know there was no 3M, so how could there be disappointment?

How could some of y'all say Bred XIII's? If you saw pics with a flash, you'd know there was no 3M, so how could there be disappointment?
Agreed! I love 13's and the Black n reds are one of my favorite 13's n I had to pass because no 3M.  Did JB still get their money? yes. Did JB get MY money? nope!
smokin.gif

YOUR AVATAR IS APPROPRIATE FOR THAT COMMENT. :lol:

HAS ANYONE SAID THE FLU GAME 12'S? I THINK THAT HAS BEEN THE BIGGEST DISSAPPOINTMENT FOR ME FROM JORDAN BRAND EVER. MAN I WAS SO PUMPED WHEN I HEARD BRED 12'S WERE COMING BACK. ONCE I SAW PICS, :smh:

Word those things were another ashy J, for me ill say bred 13's, hype to get em, didnt keep em

I loved fire red v's, but JB using "reflective material" and not actual 3M is a really disappointing, Taking pics of five's with the tongue ruining pics was the best part, so damn bright, now it's just a shiny grey.

removing the 3M from 13's also is a shame.

I loved fire red v's, but JB using "reflective material" and not actual 3M is a really disappointing, Taking pics of five's with the tongue ruining pics was the best part, so damn bright, now it's just a shiny grey.

removing the 3M from 13's also is a shame.

Grab some silver 3m paint from eBay. Strip the reflective material and add 3m paint. Problem solved :pimp:

The entire kilroy pack just doesn't do anything in person for me...and the military blue 4's that i was juiced about getting a rsvp for..but seen them and was just ehh about em

1. Blk/red 13 - No 3M, purplish looking (sharpied) mesh panels, and dull dried blood red color. Was seriously contemplating to walk away from JB when I witnessed these in my hands

2. Blk/cement 4 - wrong material and obvious paint chipping issues (i.e. Micheal Beasley)

3. Infrared pack - we all know about this debacle. Grandpa Simpson.gif

My top worst three

You don't necessarily need a flash to see the reflective panels. Wearing them in daylight and under certain lighting conditions causes the 3M or whatever it is they used on the '04 pair to reflect.

You don't necessarily need a flash to see the reflective panels. Wearing them in daylight and under certain lighting conditions causes the 3M or whatever it is they used on the '04 pair to reflect.

Anyone who asks that obviously didn't have them. Day or night you can see the reflective panels. I was holding out hope that they would have them in the 2013 pair.

Last edited:
I wanted to start a thread to get some opinions on J's that maybe you were excited for to release and then disappointed when you saw them in person; for reasons such as quality, etc.
I just saw the Crimson 3's at the mall Saturday and they looked cheap and corny. I can't stress enough how CHEAP they looked, and the colors just looked terrible man. Very underwhelming. If you bought these, you just wanted to get some new J's--not because the shoes looked good to you.
Of recent, other shoes that were disappointing were the 2011 model 7's, Varsity Red 6's, and most of all the 2009 Space Jams.
The. Crimson 3's....underwhelming is a really good description.

Anyone who asks that obviously didn't have them. Day or night you can see the reflective panels. I was holding out hope that they would have them in the 2013 pair.

Yeah, y'all right. I just said it that way for those who needed an obvious example of having 3M. I know you can still see it without a flash.

Any of the XIVs lately. The worst of all of them was the CDP. Just awful in every way. I was so pumped about that colorway and then they looked pink and the quality was the worst of any shoe.

Back
Top Bottom