What Killed the anti Laker/Kobe crowd?

Originally Posted by kash55

2. Fresh isn't allowed in Laker threads
laugh.gif
Is this true? What a joker

I think it has very little to do with personal growth, leadership, or winning, and is more of a result of having more alternatives. Thanks to streaming sites,everyone isn't restricted to just watching the same 4 teams on ESPN and TNT every week. NBA fans that hate a particular team now can watch the teams thatthey do care about, without league pass.

Originally Posted by you big dummy

I think it has very little to do with personal growth, leadership, or winning, and is more of a result of having more alternatives. Thanks to streaming sites, everyone isn't restricted to just watching the same 4 teams on ESPN and TNT every week. NBA fans that hate a particular team now can watch the teams that they do care about, without league pass.
My man hit the nail right on the head. At least for me.

I don't go into Laker threads anywhere near the amount of times that I used to in previous years.

For the most part, any anti-Laker (and definitely anti-Jack Bauer) person would get flamed or harassed even if they did NOT say anything negative about theLakers or 24. And with enough mods being Laker fans, there was no freedom to express your dislike for the team in those threads w/o YOU (the anti-Laker)getting some sort of warning or reprimand while the Laker dudes would get off scott-free. I've never seen a bunch of fans get so uptight about sportscomments. The same type of comments you'd hear at a bar or at the game.
laugh.gif

I understand this isn't the "bar" or the "game". It's NT. But the same principle rules should apply when we're talking aboutSPORTS. Which basically means that just about anything goes when talking about the athlete/team!

I never hated the Lakers. Just their star player.
smile.gif

And with that said, my main problem with Laker threads is that too many of you are 24 fans and not really Laker fans. Bunch of phonies in there imo.
tired.gif

Originally Posted by SHUGES

And with that said, my main problem with Laker threads is that too many of you are 24 fans and not really Laker fans. Bunch of phonies in there imo.
tired.gif

Like what some people said when the Bulls trade rumors came up. People
pimp.gif
at _obe wearing a Bulls jersey(
sick.gif
)....most of those
pimp.gif
didn't come fromBulls fans though....

Oh we're still here.
As long as that classless *%!$*@!#@ Fakers SG #24 is in the NBA, we'll be here.

The mods just have put a little damper on our fun...but we're still around.

Originally Posted by Fede DPT

Originally Posted by outacontrol music

Originally Posted by Chester McFloppy

Originally Posted by belle155

i dont know about that chester...
TEAM CLEVELAND CAVS
LeBron > Kobe

Son....Um, I dont even know what to say, but I hope this was a joke.

I'm the biggest Kobe fan...but let's not discredit what LeBron is doing right now. He's having an MVP year. Kobe's is having a good year aswell but I don't know if he'd be considered over Lebron for the MVP award...even though his team is doing better.

LeBron > Kobe

grin.gif
Comon now.... I don't know about that..... LeBron might see the floor better andbe a better passer, but at this point KB has a better and more advanced skill set as well as the mental edge.....

Originally Posted by nnarum

nerd.gif
even nnarum, in tears, broke down to me on xbox live and admitted the hate is gone and nothing but wonderful thoughts come to mind when he sees Kobeand the Lakers out on the floor
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by MisterP0315

TEAM CLEVELAND CAVS
LeBron > Kobe

I'm the biggest Kobe fan...but let's not discredit what LeBron is doing right now. He's having an MVP year. Kobe's is having a good year as well but I don't know if he'd be considered over Lebron for the MVP award...even though his team is doing better.

winning is everything when it comes to the mvp. plain and simple. detroit will not let lebron get mvp just like the suns wont let kobe get mvp. and ima big lebron fan as well.
tongue.gif

I still hate Kobe. I don't need to display it though. I got nothing but respect for his game, just don't like him

TEAM CLEVELAND CAVS
LeBron > Kobe

I'm the biggest Kobe fan...but let's not discredit what LeBron is doing right now. He's having an MVP year. Kobe's is having a good year as well but I don't know if he'd be considered over Lebron for the MVP award...even though his team is doing better.

C'mon now, Kobe could average 45 a game if he wanted to.

LeBron dominates with his god-given physical skills, but he's still a below average shooter. His jumpshot is suspect. That was the knock on himcoming into the league. And while he's teased a bit, overall he hasn't improved his shot. In fact, it's gotten worse over the last few seasons.

29.6% on 4.7 3-pt attempts per game and 69.8% FT shooting
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Why LeBron takes any 3's when he has Boobie (48.9%) and Damon Jones (41.3%) as sharpshooters is beyond me.

NBAdotcom:
Oh we're still here.

Read that a couple times while you hate me, Kane.
pimp.gif

That's exactly what I thought as soon as I read the title and the text; we've done well in keeping that crap under control, which is dually impressivebecause none of the most active mods in the Sports forum are even big Kobe fans (y'all know DANG well I'm not.)

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

NBAdotcom:
Oh we're still here.

Read that a couple times while you hate me, Kane.
pimp.gif

That's exactly what I thought as soon as I read the title and the text; we've done well in keeping that crap under control, which is dually impressive because none of the most active mods in the Sports forum are even big Kobe fans (y'all know DANG well I'm not.)

laugh.gif
Uhhuh.

ohwell.gif

You can't tell me the moderation of the board has nothing to do with it. I think it has a LOT to do with it (not 'all', but 'a lot'), butyou can't tell me it has ZERO to do with it.

damon jones is NOT a sharpshooter, far from it.

gibson can hit the 3 but when damon shoots, people cringe. i dont care what % hes shooting, gibson is a much better shooter than DJ

Who the heck said Damon Jones is a sharpshooter?
laugh.gif
That's false as heck.

And why the heck is Damon Jones even being talked about? I thought people always complained about Kobe fans bringing Kobe up in threads about other superstars(especially threads about LeBron); the opposite isn't happening in here, is it?
nerd.gif

My favorite player is Steve Nash, and mostly because I think he is a positive person who refuses to take the fact that he plays a game for a living too seriously.
once you start getting paid to play basketball, it ceases to be a game. it is how he makes his living, what part of that is a game?
This is the first season in a long time that he seems to be FINALLY getting it.
or is it because fisher is back on the team and bynum is playing really well this season? who would have thought for some of the kobe hate to goaway, his team would would have to get better.
As long as that classless
.....because i when i think of class, i think of
bed35387efd4331f197d3293ddee4c42359b679_t.gif
,someone getting clotheslined.

Back
Top Bottom