What Killed the anti Laker/Kobe crowd?

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Originally Posted by nnarum

nerd.gif
even nnarum, in tears, broke down to me on xbox live and admitted the hate is gone and nothing but wonderful thoughts come to mind when he sees Kobe and the Lakers out on the floor
laugh.gif

roll.gif
ohwell.gif

I'm the biggest Kobe fan...but let's not discredit what LeBron is doing right now. He's having an MVP year. Kobe's is having a good year as well but I don't know if he'd be considered over Lebron for the MVP award...even though his team is doing better.
21-18..........not happening

Originally Posted by 745i

The fact that he finally learned how to pass the ball....

Plus since the Lakers are actually relevant again his groupies don't feel the need to overrate him which caused the hate in the first place.

Originally Posted by Three6mafia2007

In a way, I kinda miss all the hate on Kobe. All it did was add more fuel to the fire
pimp.gif
i dont. we have civilized posts throughout the thread now.

and nnarum, everytime i see the celtics logo gamerpic i get
mad.gif

Originally Posted by l FR3SH l

2. Fresh isn't allowed in Laker threads
The hell are you talking about? I posted in there last week about how overrated Bynum is
wait a minute? how can bynum be overrated when we all thought he was gonna be a bum?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by NobleKane

2. Fresh isn't allowed in Laker threads
The hell are you talking about? I posted in there last week about how overrated Bynum is
wait a minute? how can bynum be overrated when we all thought he was gonna be a bum?
laugh.gif

That was my point, theyre acting like he was putting up 20 & 10 every night and used an argument about his greatness being that hes 2nd in the league in dunks

Oh cuz Bynum wasn't doing good before he got hurt.............
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

My favorite player is Steve Nash, and mostly because I think he is a positive person who refuses to take the fact that he plays a game for a living too seriously.

once you start getting paid to play basketball, it ceases to be a game. it is how he makes his living, what part of that is a game?

You're right, but a level of professionalism can go a long way. You dont hear Nash complaining about how little money he makes, or how poorly his teammates play or even really about more than half the things 90% of the league complains about. He seems to be genuinely greatful to be able to play basketball. And that is what i mean, he realizes that he is getting PAID to PLAY a GAME, and is damn appreciative of that fact. Which for some players is a aspect LONG forgotten.

This is the first season in a long time that he seems to be FINALLY getting it.

or is it because fisher is back on the team and bynum is playing really well this season? who would have thought for some of the kobe hate to go away, his team would would have to get better.

I think is this more a reflection of Kobe being content with his situation. Because Kobe's success has never been what caused a majority of the hate, its more Kobe's attitude and antics OFF the court that have brought the levels of scrutiny to amazing heights. But since the Lakers are (so far) attaining a modicum of success, you dont hear the complaining from Kobe, and you dont see the same level of arrogance from a player who looks like he thinks he is so much better than his peers.

Because Kobe's success has never been what caused a majority of the hate, its more Kobe's attitude and antics OFF the court that have brought the levels of scrutiny to amazing heights.
which is why i don't understand why the hate has ceased because his team is playing better. you and i have two different trains of thought, ican respect what kobe does because he wants to win, no matter what.

oh well. agree to disagree.

Originally Posted by Juan Baller

Originally Posted by MisterP0315

I'm the biggest Kobe fan...but let's not discredit what LeBron is doing right now. He's having an MVP year. Kobe's is having a good year as well but I don't know if he'd be considered over Lebron for the MVP award...even though his team is doing better.
LeBron dominates with his god-given physical skills, but he's still a below average shooter. His jumpshot is suspect. That was the knock on him coming into the league. And while he's teased a bit, overall he hasn't improved his shot. In fact, it's gotten worse over the last few seasons.

29.6% on 4.7 3-pt attempts per game and 69.8% FT shooting
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Why LeBron takes any 3's when he has Boobie (48.9%) and Damon Jones (41.3%) as sharpshooters is beyond me.
LeBrons overall game is better. Scoring is really only 1/4 of the equation. He rebounds better than Kobe, sees the floor better (assists), and he andKobe are playing equally impressive D this year.

Originally Posted by outacontrol music

LeBron dominates with his god-given physical skills, but he's still a below average shooter. His jumpshot is suspect. That was the knock on him coming into the league. And while he's teased a bit, overall he hasn't improved his shot. In fact, it's gotten worse over the last few seasons.

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Why LeBron takes any 3's when he has Boobie (48.9%) and Damon Jones (41.3%) as sharpshooters is beyond me.
LeBrons overall game is better. Scoring is really only 1/4 of the equation. He rebounds better than Kobe, sees the floor better (assists), and he and Kobe are playing equally impressive D this year.
eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I know you love LeBron, but you're a damn fool if you think he can play D anywhere near Kobe.

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

LeBrons overall game is better. Scoring is really only 1/4 of the equation. He rebounds better than Kobe, sees the floor better (assists), and he and Kobe are playing equally impressive D this year.

Stop it. And I swear these Bron fans and him "seeing the floor" crap has to stop. He throws some of the most basic passes in history yet he issuch a great passer? And this is evidenced by....assists? Assist = Teammate made a shot, not great pass. I wish people could understand that.

laugh.gif
nothing more hilarious than Kobe fans in denial.
laugh.gif
keep it up fellas.
Yet you just compared Bron's D to Kobe. Ironic.
roll.gif

they're pretty close...... the only real advantages I see for either player are as follows:

Kobe Bryant: shooting, scoring

LeBron James: playmaking, rebounding

Everything is is too close at this point.... but you can't go wrong with either player....

kcaxbd.jpg

Also when you look at how much Kobe or LeBron score, especially their season averages, try to look at the FG % too because that tells you how efficient aplayer is.......

if i were to start a team i'd go with Marques Colston....nah i mean LeBron..just cuz he's younger and his ceiling hasn't been reached yet. however,you really can't go wrong with either.

Lebronze will never be a good defensive player
wink.gif

Ain't you the dude that said Kobe is the GOAT hands down?
indifferent.gif
so now you can predict the future?
laugh.gif
Ok Negrodamus..... when will the Bulls get rid ofBenedict Wallets? I'd really like to know........ I mean comon.... I still agree Kobe is the best skilled player today, but we don't know how goodLeBron will be........

Back
Top Bottom