What maks a concert good????

just searching for opinions...what makes you want to attend a concert besides the obvious of you being a fan of their music. For example i'm not a hug lady gaga fan but her concert in madison square garden was something worth attending to.

artist actually singing/rapping the lyrics

artists voice not being out shadowed by the beat/music

how well the audience knows the songs

the artists control of the crowd 

Nah b hust tailgate in da parking lot and listen for almost free..

how much the fans love the artist 

how close the artist's voice is to the recordings he/she makes

special effects

Daft Punk Concert>>>>Any other concert

Too crazy. I want to go back in time to experience all over again. 

I think I was only 10 
laugh.gif
 Favorite song was One more time of course. 

Last edited:
Having a crowd that immerses themselves for the experience and moment. Instead of looking like a fool recording the entire thing with their iPhone. Can't stand those people.

Having a crowd that immerses themselves for the experience and moment. Instead of looking like a fool recording the entire thing with their iPhone. Can't stand those people.
recording a concert is so pointless and stupid. you can just pirate/buy the music and if you actually enjoy the artist you went to see, you'd remember being there. 

Yeah, I don't get those people.

You're going to pay for a ticket, which can range anywhere from $20-$100 depending on the artist, and you're going to just stand there recording it.

indifferent.gif

Last edited:
yea i hate that to defeats the point the video will just come out crappy anyways and always in the way
mean.gif
considering im only 5'2

how can a rap concert be exciting? i never been to one but i cant see watching someone just walk around stage rapping entertainment

i personally don't like concerts because i prefer the serenity of my own home but if i went to one i'd go there to ENJOY IT.

It's all about stage presence and getting the crowd involved. Once the crowd is hyped then the artist will get more hyped up too and it just escalates from there until it's just one big party. I've been to a good amount and once a concert reaches that point it's amazing. Oh yea giant beach balls. Can't forget those.

I haven't been to one of his concerts since like '08 or '09, but Lil Wayne knows how to put on a show. Don't know if he's changed tho.

how can a rap concert be exciting? i never been to one but i cant see watching someone just walk around stage rapping entertainment

I used to think this as well, then I went to see dom Kennedy in person about two or three years ago.

dude had the crowd at the palm of his hand. EVERYBODY was singing along just vibing with his music. Such an awesome night :pimp:

Being around people who appreciate the artist and the artist's work as much as you do. There's something about singing/rapping along with the artist in person that you can't get from the cd. Theme of the show. If they're just on stage its meh, unless they have energy. But shows with themes tend to be more memorable. I think it can go either way with those who record the show. To each his own. I'd venture to say seating makes a difference. The closer you are to the nucleus the better.

theatrics, ability to sing/perform, props.. but most importantly the artist themselves. if I like the artist enough, i'll go out of my way to see them perform.

Good?

They sound better live than they do on the album. Otherwise, I could've stayed home and had a better experience for less money.

Also, a live band is a must. These wack *** rappers who perform to a damn beat button or even worse their album WITH their vocals on it :x :smh: need to get a bonfire smacked out of them. I also need to see some damn performing. I've been to a lot of "shows" :rolleyes and there's nothing worse than seeing some bum *** dude just walk around in one spot with that tired *** "this part of the crowd say this and this part of the crowd say that." Like come on man, you get paid to do this and that was the best you can come up with? Hip hop's version of "white people do/say this"? Very unoriginal and corny.

What else?

Presentation. How's the lighting? Does it match the mood of each track? Is there any background art or dancers or singers or something? As far as hip hop goes OutKast and The Roots had the game on lock in this department. Jay-Z live with the big *** band and lights and all of that was good too, but his actual performance was kind of bland. Everything around him was dope though. Nas, Ghostface and a LONG list of other live acts were lame as ****. And don't get me started on Big Pun sitting on a damn couch and not even rapping anything but two lines per rap then having his weed carriers finish his bars. Wack. R.I.P though.

Back
Top Bottom