What prevents the Penny IVs from being a classic?

sneakermane
U already know what it is with certain Penny shoes. If more people started jumping on the Penny 3 and 4 bandwagon, Iguarantee you that you'll start seeing a new-found love for the IV's. I'm more hopeful for some "correct" retro IV's than morecolorways of the 1/2 Cents(All I needed is the one colorway that I have now of the 1/2 Cents. So NIKE if you reading this or anyone with ties to NIKE, pleaseretro the IV's in original colorways. Start with the Home colorway and maybe 2-3 more OG Colorways after that. I know the new team in charge of most of theretro's can do the 4's and 1's some justice. Just look at the quality of the 2's and 3's.

Also, don't forget about the White/Dark Gray and Footaction Exclusive Black/White/Red colorway
pimp.gif
. I still have both of those but they are trashed beyond belief
mad.gif

Originally Posted by sneakermane

REDICULOUSLY
smokin.gif

Nike...Please retro that colorway & the OG Black/Royal/Whites. Had the OGs, but I wore a 9.5 back then. Feet grew so I gave them to my lil' cousin.

Penny 4s are INDEED CLASSIC! And like previously stated, the OG colorway flew off the shelves. The 4s were a lesson in Nike bastardizing a shoe with an unlimited supply of nasty @#$% retro colorways.

Nike do whats right...release the Penny 4 in ONLY those two colorways!

I'd have to agree w/ Sneakermane in that this shoes was definitely overexposed in colorways. I, personally, was not inspired at all by theoriginal release. But by then, Penny & JB were it, so Nike had its faithful followers w/ this particular line. In the end...the proof is in the pudding. Ibought a pair of these to ball in at Ross for $24! Not something you'd expect of a "classic" shoe.

they just looked like a regular pair of nikes. there was nothing special about them and they released way too many pairs. or maybe they just never sold becausenobody really liked them so it seemed like they released a lot.

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

The shoe sticks out worse than a sore thumb.

nike-air-penny-half-cent-feature-43.jpg

nike-half-cent-hybrid-theory-50.jpg
Thats because for one.. those are the retro version.. for 2.. the retro version's suede is so much more trash than the OGs.. and had those 4sbeen replaced with 4s that GL Rayner just posted.. it'd be a totally different story.. they'd stand out a lot better

Da penny 4 is a classic shoot da whole penny line is a classic they r hard to put on thou I used to b ouuta breathe puttin dm on b4 a game but one I broke emin no prob I still have my ogs dat I got from da penny fanclub camp n my retros but wut I really want is dat away orlando cw if anyone has for sale a 9.5 or 10holla at me n I'm also lookin for another lil penny

Wow.. I was just reading in sole collector that the reason why Penny didnt have a Air Penny V is because some of the designers of the Penny line went over toJordan.. and when Penny got traded to Phoenix, they were trying to sign him to team Jordan.. but he declined say "I didnt want to go to Jordan after Ijust had my own line"

^I peeped that in SC as well.

Even though he doesn't have a ton of sigs,him choosing to leave his legacy strictly ''Penny'' was a wise move!

Penny x JB?...............can't see it.

thinkin about the penny ivs might just make me not sell mine anymore lol

Originally Posted by Ruxxx

^I peeped that in SC as well.

Even though he doesn't have a ton of sigs,him choosing to leave his legacy strictly ''Penny'' was a wise move!

Penny x JB?...............can't see it.
yeah.. I wonder if he would've signed with JB would they kept the 1 Cent Logo seeing how it is still nike (kinda).. guess Gary Payton sold outby going to JB at one point after his sig line, eh?

^It was odd to see GP in JB product.He had a very solid line before the JB signing!

It would've been dope to see GP sigs in Lakers/Heat colorways and what not.

GL Rayner wrote:

MJRM2384 wrote:

Nothing prevents them..the OGs are classics
Pretty much.....

REDICULOUSLY
smokin.gif

Nike...Please retro that colorway & the OG Black/Royal/Whites. Had the OGs, but I wore a 9.5 back then. Feet grew so I gave them to my lil' cousin.

Penny 4s are INDEED CLASSIC! And like previously stated, the OG colorway flew off the shelves. The 4s were a lesson in Nike bastardizing a
shoe with an unlimited supply of nasty @#$% retro colorways.

BTW...These new jack sneaker conniseurs kill me with all this out of nowhere al-mighty luv for nothing but Penny foams or anything resembling a Penny Foam.
"I don't have the Royal Penny Foams, so I'ma get me 12 pairs of 1/2 Cents, yeah...all just for me."

When did this @#$% start? When did my DopeDealers become loved nationwide?

I recently saw a vid on Youtube of some buffoon bragging about his two pairs of Royal Penny Foams. How he spent $550 to get one pair, and just unds his other
pair that he spent $450 for.

$500...What?!
eek.gif

I'd luv to know why this obvious New Jack didn't just go to the store and drop $200 when they released a year and a half ago.

The NT Hype is a Muva...
smh.gif

U ALREADY!!!

I AGREE!!!!! New Jacks GRIND MY GEARS on some PETER GRIFFIN S***!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Sneaker Los

GL Rayner wrote:

MJRM2384 wrote:

Nothing prevents them..the OGs are classics
Pretty much.....

REDICULOUSLY
smokin.gif

Penny 4s are INDEED CLASSIC! And like previously stated, the OG colorway flew off the shelves. The 4s were a lesson in Nike bastardizing a
shoe with an unlimited supply of nasty @#$% retro colorways.

BTW...These new jack sneaker conniseurs kill me with all this out of nowhere al-mighty luv for nothing but Penny foams or anything resembling a Penny Foam.
"I don't have the Royal Penny Foams, so I'ma get me 12 pairs of 1/2 Cents, yeah...all just for me."

When did this @#$% start? When did my DopeDealers become loved nationwide?

I recently saw a vid on Youtube of some buffoon bragging about his two pairs of Royal Penny Foams. How he spent $550 to get one pair, and just unds his other
pair that he spent $450 for.

$500...What?!
eek.gif

I'd luv to know why this obvious New Jack didn't just go to the store and drop $200 when they released a year and a half ago.

The NT Hype is a Muva...
smh.gif

U ALREADY!!!

I AGREE!!!!! New Jacks GRIND MY GEARS on some PETER GRIFFIN S***!!!!!!!!
Man, Nike's made so much money off of meh on Penny's in my life time.. probably like 3,000.. most of the money coming from those footaction colorways.. then all three OG 2 colorways, then the retros (- the blk,red, wht.. those are boo boo).. then both the OG 3's.. and both retros..I've had 3 Foamposites.. 2 OG's and 1 Retro.. the 1/2 Cents.. 2 Blk/Wht/Blue Penny 1's .. and all those Penny apperal from back in the day.. geez..
tired.gif

To me the penny IV is a classic i wasnt old enough
to buy my own kicks when they first dropped and

my mom wouldnt buy me any til the ones that
GL RAYNER posted, if nike would retro those
and the phoenix colors i would be a happy man....

that damn strap and it was mad hard to get your foot in em.

Alpha Project ended the IVs early.

Although I loved it when Penny had his own shoes, I think it was wise for him to leave the line at iv rather than join JB. Its like steping down as theboss to be an employee. If you can afford it, its better to just retire. In any event even if the iv did appear less inspired than the earlier Pennys it wasstill a nice looking shoe compared to what's put out today.
pimp.gif

I think its just the fact that when they released Jordan Brand was at its peak and started releasing retros like crazy

Back
Top Bottom