~~~~~~~~~~What should i do with $$25,000??~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Put at least 1/2 of your money in gold and spend the rest on your family

generic%20gold%20bars.jpg

Originally Posted by proper english

put it on a house. 

whatever you do, don't generate debt with it... In other words, don't use it as money to put down on something that you think you can afford.

If you're soft, put it somewhere safe where it will grow. If you got some hustle in you, flip it my ninja.. find a way to flip it with very little risk. Look into arbitrage and think about different ways to monetize

Is that even a question?
invest it, buy a decent whip, go crazy at the Sapphire in Vegas. I don't like it when people ask these type of questions. Having 25 G's and knowing what to do with it is common sense.

If he already has a car it would be pointless to get another car. Used or new. We need to know what you already have.

DO you already have a car?
Home?

I say save it all. No need to force yourself to spend THOUSANDS on "extra" stuff like others insisted. No need to PLAN to do that. If you need clothes, buy clothes. But I guess it does make sense to budget it. But for that budget to be thousandS (with an S) is a lot if you ask me. How much clothing does one need really?

Buy a small property. 3 bed room, rent it out for Section 8 or something. Something slight. Save the rest, put it somewhere where it can get interest. ING, even though their interest rates are piss poor now.

Divide you money 3 ways: Expenses, spending money, and savings. Then have the most for whatever you think is most important to you.

^ But I don't think spending $ should be the same as the other three. I know it depends on the person but I would roughly divide it up like this:
85% expenses
15% Spending $

But why can't he use the money he SAVES to pay whatever expenses he has. I am not understanding why those two would be 2 separate categories as if money you are saving you can't spend on expenses.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

^ But I don't think spending $ should be the same as the other three. I know it depends on the person but I would roughly divide it up like this:
85% expenses
15% Spending $

But why can't he use the money he SAVES to pay whatever expenses he has. I am not understanding why those two would be 2 separate categories as if money you are saving you can't spend on expenses.
Emergency money, the money you can let sit there in gather up.

Expenses: Bills
Spending Money: Money to Blow (clothes, games, etc.)
Saving: Emergency Money, Rainy Day fund, Cushion Money, just in case money.

Again, if he isn't SPENDING his money isn't it going to be sitting and gathering interest?

I know with my bank (PNC) if you keep at least 2K in there, they turn your checking account into a combination savings/checking. Basically a checking account that accumulates interest.

Expenses are bills, YES, but they money for them is still pulled from my checking account.

Spending money is another expense. So again, it falls from the money in your checking account.

Savings: Is STILL money in the checking account.

If he isn't spending all of his money I don't see the need to separate it. If he is SAVING it all and not spending the majority of it, what is the need for a "Rainy Day Fund." or Just in Case $. It should always be money there technically.

So as I said, unless he is saving for a BIG purchase (house, car (even though I say it is a no-no), and a trip), there is no need to separate the $ into 3 categories.

Unless he is BAD with his $. If he is responsible that is a pointless act.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Again, if he isn't SPENDING his money isn't it going to be sitting and gathering interest?

I know with my bank (PNC) if you keep at least 2K in there, they turn your checking account into a combination savings/checking. Basically a checking account that accumulates interest.

Expenses are bills, YES, but they money for them is still pulled from my checking account.

Spending money is another expense. So again, it falls from the money in your checking account.

Savings: Is STILL money in the checking account.

If he isn't spending all of his money I don't see the need to separate it. If he is SAVING it all and not spending the majority of it, what is the need for a "Rainy Day Fund." or Just in Case $. It should always be money there technically.

So as I said, unless he is saving for a BIG purchase (house, car (even though I say it is a no-no), and a trip), there is no need to separate the $ into 3 categories.

Unless he is BAD with his $. If he is responsible that is a pointless act.
What I see it as is:

Spending Money: Money in your hand you can BS with and splurge, Investing etc.
Expenses: Checking Account: Money to pay your bills and other stuff you NEED to pay for. High Prority.
Saving: Savings Account, money that can sit and put in an account of high interest.

I have my saving in a bank called Sterling Savings btw. Never touch it.

how badly injured were you? that $25,000 wont be needed in the future for any medical events? I'd split it all up and diversify.

$5,000 in gold investments
$5,000 in a mutual fund
$5,000 in a CD
$5,000 saved up for the unplanned
$5,000 straight reckless spending

Originally Posted by DaNiKeRhiNo

What I see it as is:

Spending Money: Money in your hand you can BS with and splurge, Investing etc.
Expenses: Checking Account: Money to pay your bills and other stuff you NEED to pay for. High Prority.
Saving: Savings Account, money that can sit and put in an account of high interest.

I have my saving in a bank called Sterling Savings btw. Never touch it.
See since I hardly spend my $, I never put aside "spending $."

I have money taken out of my checking account each month into my ING account. Which I of course have not touched since I opened it. Simply because I haven't had a reason to.

So essentially, ALL my money is "savings"

Man that extra dollar sign made me think you were getting 200k...I do believe you should search for a property though...I have seen some for as little as 13k...you can rely on rental income especially with section 8

Take a few thousand and treat yourself first off

Back
Top Bottom