What sport can you pick up later in life and maybe go pro?

Are there any sports you can start doing later in life like 25+ and maybe excel at?  Cycling?  Obviously none like any of the big four.  Crossfit is not a sport but I guess you can be competitive in it as you age...

You can pick up golf in your 20's and make it on tour if you're dedicated + have enough time.

poker isn't a sport, but you can play that whenever.

That's it I think..

Hakeem Olajuwon started playing basketball at age 15. Or were you thinking even older?

Edit: Nevermind, read OP that said 25+.

Hmm, golf.  I guess if you put 10 years in, that put you in your 30's maybe you could get on tour.  I was reading up online and some places said KJ Choi picked up in his 20's.  I figure sports that do not involve fast twitch muscles would be your best bet as those would decrease over time.

Originally Posted by you big dummy

poker, bowling, competitive eating  ESPN has labeled these activities as sports

Pretty much.
laugh.gif

Soccer's probably the easiest sport to jump right into.
Spoiler [+]

Golf but if you're too old then no chance and Bicycling and running marathons.

archery, shooting, billiards, rock climbing ,table tennis, badminton maybe? are these all considered sports?

People saying golf just don't know....no chance your going to pro if you pick it up late.
But I guess Poker, racing cars, pool

MMA/Boxing. I mean with boxing you can pretty much go pro whenever you want, it's really up to you. Now will you get fights is another question.

Back
Top Bottom