what was jay-z worst verse??

Didnt see this posted.  Pimp an Bun went off. I hope they didnt hav to pay for Jayz feature cuz his verse was trash
What? You serious bro? Next thing you know people will say that his verse on Hell Yeah with Dead Prez was wack.

soon as i saw this thread title i thought of the Ha remix...

dude was off beat like s***. think that was the first southern beat dude jumped on.

either way, no excuse. s*** was easily the worst i've ever heard from him. then again, i havent listened to dude since like 07 sooooooo...

EDIT: to dude that said pop 4 roc and watch me were wack, you trippin. HARD.

watch me was easily one of the standouts on that album....

Last edited:
1st thing that popped in my head was J.Cole's "Mr. Nice Watch". What an apathetic lazy *** verse. The beat doesn't help either. It's like Jay wanted to intentionally sabotage J.Cole on his debut, like Dwyane Wade bricking that 3 last night when they didn't need to take that.

Hov skated on "Mr. Nice Watch"

"Meanwhile I'm just chopping off doors
Put the front on the back, cause I'm back and forth
Put the front on the back of the 'Bach like a boss
So I'm fronting on ****** when I'm backing off"

:smokin

Wait.....these bars were supposed to be good?

Jay may not have had the best verse on "What We Do", but to say his verse was still anything less than great is utterly ridiculous.

View media item 404108
real life is dope tho. counts for something no? similar to the 'Cuba song'

edit: seen that you addressed this (difference in opinion)

Last edited:
Not sure if his verse sucked but I did not like him on that You Don't Know Remix with MOP. Jay of all people should know you don't let MOP rap first on any track. After they pretty much killed the track, I sat through J**** verse like, wtf is this, and proceeded to rewind back to MOP.
W H A T THE F !!!!!@

are you serious?

JAY SLAUGHTERED THAT VERSE

cheeese an rice smh

Bun B bodied Big Pimpin .. Jay had to make an extra verse to compensate ..

He did the same to Young Gunz "Never Take Me Alive" :lol: there was no reason for him to have an extra verse on THEIR album.

That list up there that's supposed to be wack Jay verses is hilarious though. Nearly every one of those are flat out good songs.

this reminds me of the Jay attaches himself to everyone argument where yall make up something out of thin air.

if anything, Pimp C had the dopest verse...but dude puts down 2 verses and he's tryin to take shine? yall make up anything to discredit.

to contribute to the thread tho, all but maybe 3 verses on unfinished business album with r kelly album.

not much gettin mentioned from BP2...i wonder why :nerd: (sean paul song dont really count haha)

^^^^

This reminds me of obsessive Jay fans who are still dwelling on a topic of conversation from a completely different thread.

The fact that you guys think you can have objective opinions is hysterical.

^^^^

This reminds me of obsessive Jay fans who are still dwelling on a topic of conversation from a completely different thread.

The inverse is also true. There are some people who jump into these threads just ready to say that everything hes ever done is trash, the reason youre a fan is because youre enamored by his life and not his rapping ability, etc etc etc. There is rarely a middle ground in these types of threads.

All I'm gonna say is "Girls, Girls, Girls" is TERRIBLE.

Sample and beat were smooth as hell, but damn bro...

I got this indian squaw the day that I met her
Asked her what tribe she with, red dot or feather
She said all you need to know is I'm not a ho
And to get with me you better be Chief Lots-a-Dough
Now that's Spanish chick, French chick, indian and black
That's fried chicken, curry chicken, damn I'm gettin fat
Arroz con pollo, french fries and crepe
An appetitite for destruction but I scrape the plate

Someone please tell me I'm not alone on this one lol

That's shocking bro. I will say that I didn't like that song when it first came out, but I was 11 then girl songs weren't my thing.

This threads interesting to say the least, people are throwing out verses and songs that I always thought were great, I've seen some of my favorites posted. Makes me wonder.

^^^^

so do you agree that Jay added 2 verses on the songs "big pimpin" and "never take me alive" cause he felt outshined?

what do you think of the 2 added verses on those songs?

I think it's painfully obvious Ross wrote Jay's verse :lol:

PLEASE tell me your being sarcastic yo please :smh:

saw the fix up lol

So far ive seen Girls Girls Girls, U dont know Remix, 3 Kings, Big pimpin, The utterly ridiculous **** said in another thread about his verse on F&L being wack....... Dudes not saying he had not an inferior verse but a straight up wack verse on these songs :smh:

NT ****** just go against the grain just because... if those verses named were wack what do ya'll listen to to make the comparison?

If you don't know remix verse is wack what WTF is considered sub par to ya'll.

Last edited:

naw his flow fit that song perfectly in my opinion

Last edited:

you are completely alone...

the concept + the execution on that is great.

classic Jay track

like i said before

Ha remix is the worst display I have ever heard from Jay. that was just excruciating to listen to.

Suit & Tie verse was trash too.

Yea dude is definitely alone on Girls Girls Girls. That song was practically flawless. The lyrics, beat, and video were :pimp:

Bun B had the hardest verse in Big Pimpin ..

FOH

Anyone who disagrees is lying to themselves

Pimp was just being Pimp , and he didn't eem wanna do the song ..

Bun really went hard just to get the UGK name in the spot light

***** showed his *** on that track that's why it's was the longest verse ..

And Jay verse on get throwed was terrible .. Again , he's lazy as hell on alot of people features ..

***** didn't eem show up for the vid

Last edited:
Didnt see this posted.  Pimp an Bun went off. I hope they didnt hav to pay for Jayz feature cuz his verse was trash
What? You serious bro? Next thing you know people will say that his verse on Hell Yeah with Dead Prez was wack.
BRUH BRUH..............u REALLY think jay got off on that verse?
mean.gif
Yes. Again I'm shocked at the verses you guys have been throwing out there as wack verses. You guys are throwing out a lot of the verses that I flat out love. Differences in opinion though.

Back
Top Bottom