What was life like in the 90s? Vol. Old heads chime in

It was so easy to ghost girls back then.
my battery was dead in my beeper or there was no-pay fones around 🤷🏽‍♂️

I remember my mom took me and some classmates from middle school to the grand opening of Niketown San Francisco. I was so hyped I could not sleep the night before. The “shoe tubes” were so cool to me lol. I ended up getting a part time job there years later. Planet Hollywood was just down the block and we went to eat after. I remember seeing Jimmy Hart and Booker T 😂 sitting by us. Damn man I miss the 90’s.
Remember the lil credit envelopes when returning shoes. I’d go straight to the factory and double up. No resell though. That **** came later

Blinded by nostalgia.
No. I prefer today. People look better today, and the internet was way meaner wilder on the net back then. People's mental health was held in pretty no regard. Fun to watch at times, but it should stay in the past.

Remember the lil credit envelopes when returning shoes. I’d go straight to the factory and double up. No resell though. That **** came later

Yup I remember the envelopes. NTSF and Footlocker Serramonte would always be my spot for shoes since they got the most inventory.

Polo was the ****

Sneakers were blossoming every year

Women were more appealing

Being outside actually meant something

Regional styles were cemented in the 90s

Basketball was dope

Baseball was good

**** , even hockey was cool

Cartoons were 10x better

You memorized phone numbers

Love letters 😂

AOL chat was legit

I don't remember trans fats becoming demonized until the 21st century. eating a lot of bread wasn't considered unhealthy at all, wheat bread was thought of as a very healthy food.
Well, the bread thing WAS a thing because I remember the Adkins diet getting another surge during the mid 90s.

It was def just a different time I’m a 90s baby and I can remember my childhood and being a teen in the early 2000s even though I tend to think it was long ago it was. Having children now and seeing how they are growing up from when we were growing up it’s wild. I recently had to explain to my preteen how planning a trip to the mall or movies you had to really trust your friends because it was one of those my mom is dropping me off at 7pm and you better meet me in the front because there was no cellphones if someone flaked you were assed out until you parents came back at 10pm to pick you up 😂 I think the accessibility to everything makes things different also like you don’t appreciate anything bexuase you can have anything at your fingertips.

The good ol' days.

8e79fafe46578f7c4ffcf19a0ea12760.png

Just being outside was the best. I remember doors used to be open with the screen doors and you just holla out your friends name asking if they can come play. Neighbors actually looked out for you. Getting those frozen icee cups for 25 cents. Asking your homies if they can ask your mom if we can sleepover their house :lol:

- I used to be able to buy my mom a pack of cigarettes while she waited in the car. 8-17 years old.

- grabbing the news paper out the machine before 1st hour in high school.

- practicing dancing in front of the mirror for weeks, before school dances

- listening to an album (Puff Daddy) for example, and have to wait 3-4 months in between videos dropping

This list goes on.. like a lot already said. Simpler, and better times.

- I used to be able to buy my mom a pack of cigarettes while she waited in the car. 8-17 years old.

- grabbing the news paper out the machine before 1st hour in high school.

- practicing dancing in front of the mirror for weeks, before school dances

- listening to an album (Puff Daddy) for example, and have to wait 3-4 months in between videos dropping

This list goes on.. like a lot already said. Simpler, and better times.

How about making your own tapes and trying to time recording the song at just right time on the radio.

Recording stuff off the radio used to be a sport. Had to make sure the tape was at the right spot. Rec and play and pause all pressed at the same time at all times, then when the song came on, unpause it.
Yes sir!!
One of my go to moves was holding the radio up to the tv to record something on rap city. Rap city came on from 4:00pm to 6:00pm. If a video came on at 5:30 pm, that meant when rap city came on again at 2:00 am, that video came on at 3:30 am. It was a lot of tired days back then for a song with nothing but air in the background. At the same time stuffing the pillows by the door with the volume up trying not to wake anyone up.
Another thing was getting a CD release on Tuesday morning. It used to mean something to be in line and walk out with a new CD. Nowadays you’re lucky if you see a CD in a store.

Does anyone remember music + or blockbuster music? So you could listen to cds before you bought them no lie!
6AC6FEC1-FE28-4B75-BD3A-06E27D94FD97.jpeg
No, but in regards to movies there
wasn’t no Netflix. I remember you could rent movies and pay like $10 for like 10 movies and that was your weekend. Call some friends over, get some snacks.

Back
Top Bottom