What was life like in the 90s? Vol. Old heads chime in

MTV spring break, from shows like The Grind, the mtv spring break bikini contest (spring break shows period), and Kurt Loder and others giving updates at 15 after and 45 after. Rock and Jock basketball and softball being something everyone tuned into and top stars from both the sports world and entertainment world wanted to attend. Because it put their brand out there. Nowadays social media does that and athletes have too much on the line financially.

Thing is if you saw somebody dancing on the grind there was no social media to identify them. It was just did you see such and such with whatever color outfit and it went no further than that.

MTV spring break, from shows like The Grind, the mtv spring break bikini contest (spring break shows period), and Kurt Loder and others giving updates at 15 after and 45 after. Rock and Jock basketball and softball being something everyone tuned into and top stars from both the sports world and entertainment world wanted to attend.

Thing is if you saw somebody dancing on the grind there was no social media to identify them. It was just did you see such and such with whatever color outfit and it went no further than that.
When MTV was relevant! I feel like complex took over MTVs lane. Haha rock and jock Violaters vs Bricklayers

The 90’s were a fun time to grow up for me. We had technology, but not to the extent where it consumed us on the level it does today.

kids played outside way more than they currently do. Going to the mall to bag girls was fun. Arcades would be poppin, a bunch of people crowded around the mortal Kombat 2 and super street fighter 2 turbo machines.

The 90’s were a fun time to grow up for me. We had technology, but not to the extent where it consumed us on the level it does today.

kids played outside way more than they currently do. Going to the mall to bag girls was fun. Arcades would be poppin, a bunch of people crowded around the mortal Kombat 2 and super street fighter 2 turbo machines.

Or cruised around the South Bay or Long Beach selling jerseys and kicks.

90s was the best, people were not socially awkward like they are now.

No one cared abut cancelling. It was about hanging out and fun.

Yeah going to the mall to check out foot locker and girls was something i look forward to... nowadays, my kids classmates are doing euro trips for IG photos lol

1612863459727.jpeg

I forgot about this place. 🔥

I remember the Saturday morning cartoons used to be fire too.

pour up some cereal

Ninja Turtles
GI-Joe
Transformers
Fantastic 4
Iron Man
Spider-Man
X-Men
Dragon Ball
Power Rangers
WWF wrestling
NBA inside stuff
Then watch Michael Jordan vs David Robinson

That was just like 6am - 3pm

Then you go to the park and hoop til Sunset

You had to call the house phone to speak to a girl which meant you had to speak to their parents first at times. Also had to deal with them potentially not hanging up and listening in on the convo lol.

You had to remember folk's phone numbers. I used to know a ton by heart because it was necessary lol.

No, but in regards to movies there
wasn’t no Netflix. I remember you could rent movies and pay like $10 for like 10 movies and that was your weekend. Call some friends over, get some snacks.
Blockbuster dates > Netflix and chill. You still got that “date” feel for the low.

You had to call the house phone to speak to a girl which meant you had to speak to their parents first at times. Also had to deal with them potentially not hanging up and listening in on the convo lol.

You had to remember folk's phone numbers. I used to know a ton by heart because it was necessary lol.

Craig, tell that little girl to stop playing on my phone.

What little girl?

Joi. She keeps calling and hanging up, and I know it's her'cause I star-69ed her and she hung up again. I don't like her disrespecting my house.You tell her I said to stop it, all right?

Last edited:
So whats stopping yall from implementing 90's behavior into ur lives now?

likee a time of the day where u just put ur phone away and do something analog not digital?

I already was implementing a no comptuer saturday before my semester started. i think ill do something were i turn off my phone when i wake up and startt the day free from the phone before work

Video games were a big deal in the 90s.

You had to go over to somebody's house to play with each other though. There was no Madden online or Call of Duty. I suppose online play existed towards the latter half of the decade, but some of those games like Quake were not as mainstream like they are now.

That was the beauty of it. OG Halo had us crowing around one TV. Smash bros too. sat night gaming with the boys and Chinese takeout >
seriously miss those days.

aaannd it was wit da homies so it was all love. once 360 hit, modern warfare and mw2 came out, halo 2, you were in a different environment. mfers would hit u with hard R slurs and snipe you too. lol. those lobbies violated human rights.

That was the beauty of it. OG Halo had us crowing around one TV. Smash bros too. sat night gaming with the boys and Chinese takeout >
seriously miss those days.

aaannd it was wit da homies so it was all love. once 360 hit, modern warfare and mw2 came out, halo 2, you were in a different environment. mfers would hit u with hard R slurs and snipe you too. lol. those lobbies violated human rights.
playing video games used to be a group in person activity

now its remote which doesnt hit the same
remember playing nfl street with the boys was fun

Back
Top Bottom