What was the consensus on te XX2?

I wasn't around these parts when these came out, and I never picked up a pair either. What was the overall feeling about this model?

This is the 6th straight year of pure trash from JB the 22's were the 5th.

I thought the XX2 was very deserving to carry the Air Jordan name.

It has a clean look w/ a nice backstory, and most importantly, I could envision Mike being into this shoe and wearing it on-court. I love the shape of it andthe outsole design is awesome.

I'd put it ahead of several Jordans if I had to make a list.

As far as the climate here concerning them? There wasn't too crazy an anticipation for the launch and a lot of people felt they were very safe, much likethe XX1 the year before. Tons hoped that the decoy actually would've released. I really liked the white/black first colorway and the black/red (though Iliked the nubuck sample better). I thought they did this shoe an injustice w/ the City Series XX2 PE though. Wasn't remotely feelin that.

As far as the climate here concerning them? There wasn't too crazy an anticipation for the launch and a lot of people felt they were very safe, much like the XX1 the year before. Tons hoped that the decoy actually would've released. I really liked the white/black first colorway and the black/red (though I liked the nubuck sample better). I thought they did this shoe an injustice w/ the City Series XX2 PE though. Wasn't remotely feelin that.
that was on point, couldn't agree more. I didn't cop a pair but would've prob got the Black colorway if the sample had released. Although I wasn't crazy about the "gimicy" Interchangable heel pod thing. Which kept me from coppin' the XX1 also.

i wasnt sure about them when they first came out. they grew on me and i eventually picked up a pair and can say ive had no complaints.

Like BillyHoyle said the whole PE/city series thing got out of hand but the basic White/Black/Red and Black/Red versions were decent. Peoplehate on them hard. I likes the XXI's better and think the XX3 blows them away.

That "limited" basketball leather version was the corniest thing ever though. Did anyone fall for that????

HOVKid wrote:

That "limited" basketball leather version was the corniest thing ever though. Did anyone fall for that????

i was thinkin about it but then i was like nawwwwwwwwww ill pass
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 3thaman

This is the 6th straight year of pure trash from JB the 22's were the 5th.

if the 22s were the 5th you're trying to say the 23's are trash, and if you are you're plain crazy. also, 6th? wouldnt that mean you'd becalling the 17s trash too? PLEASE correct me if i'm wrong because that would be a pretty bold statement on your part if you don't.

anything JB since the OG 14 has been trash and/or gimmicky. But then, I'm biased toward performance and hellbent on function over fashion...

I actually loved the XX2s. Super comfy and really sharp-looking with the right outfit. I would love to pick up a fresh pair of the black/red XX2s. Mine arestill pretty clean, but a nice icy pair would be a good thing!

Personally I hated these.
Some of my AAU teammates had them, but they just looked/felt wack to me.
XX3's are much better.
XXI's performance wise trumped.

Originally Posted by B1LLY HOYLE

I thought the XX2 was very deserving to carry the Air Jordan name.

It has a clean look w/ a nice backstory, and most importantly, I could envision Mike being into this shoe and wearing it on-court. I love the shape of it and the outsole design is awesome.

I'd put it ahead of several Jordans if I had to make a list.

As far as the climate here concerning them? There wasn't too crazy an anticipation for the launch and a lot of people felt they were very safe, much like the XX1 the year before. Tons hoped that the decoy actually would've released. I really liked the white/black first colorway and the black/red (though I liked the nubuck sample better). I thought they did this shoe an injustice w/ the City Series XX2 PE though. Wasn't remotely feelin that.

Thats about how I feel on these. I had wanted a pair of the black nubuck pair which I finally got about a month ago. Though I got a good deal on them,I'm a little less thrilled with them now that I've got em. Still glad I copped for the collection though! And a great J to lounge around in for sure!More than likely they'll be in my compiled display in about a month so....Again, good for the collection
smile.gif

I was never a big fan of the XX2's in general. As much as people loved the black XX2's, I always preferred the clean white version more...but it stillwasn't enough for me to throw close to $200 on any of these shoes.

Eventually, I copped a basketball XX2 sneaker off of FNL for 70 bucks just to say I had a XX2. It's a comfortable shoe, a little weird at first when youtry them on because of the heel placement but still thought the XX1 and XX3 are sooo much better in both style and comfort.

i liked the 1st 2 colorways the white and black... copped the white at champs for 70 and the blacks for 50 at the outlet Agrade too.... couldnt of had a betterdeal... glad i passed the 1st time around... i liked the shoe n was gon cop but not for retail

Too safe and underwhelming. I bought the white pair and was looking to buy the black pair, but I can't find a black pair with completely clear soles.

Hell nope. But Still almost an FSR on em and @ $79 at my local spot and NOBODY's touchin em
laugh.gif

Hell nope. But Still almost an FSR on em and @ $79 at my local spot and NOBODY's touchin em
laugh.gif

i like the XX2s better than the XX1s before. People complain about the shrouds and the gaiters so jb releases a good bball shoe with classic looks and thenthey hate on that to. Cant please everybody but the i dug the XX2

Back
Top Bottom