What was the first LS model?

Technically, yes.

Several Jordan releases throughout MJ's playing era could have been considered lifestyle... But JB didnt start the Lifestyle / BS / Limited trend until theAltitudes.

Nubucks were the first "limited" release...but the altitudes were designated as the first lifestyle.

Tours came waaaaay after.

yes altitudes were the first LS release, and I believe one of the lowtop XIXs were the second...

Originally Posted by fenixconnexion

yes altitudes were the first LS release, and I believe one of the lowtop XIXs were the second...
reverse that and we've got a winner.

the grey, navy, and brown XIX lows were first, then the Altitude XIII's were the first "major" release like this.

Back then they didn't coin them as "Lifestyle" releases as they do now(they hinted around to it in the Jordan Magazine though, I just rememberthem not carrying the "lifestyle" name directly)

I think the Tour IV's may have been the first to carry the Lifestyle name directly(as in marked on the box)

I think Your Right the XIX's and The Altitudes Next But Neither Had Ls on the Box and The Chambray 7's were next and they werent labeled
Ls either.

Originally Posted by Big daddy 8523

I think Your Right the XIX's and The Altitudes Next But Neither Had Ls on the Box and The Chambray 7's were next and they werent labeled
Ls either.
The chambray 7's weren't next after the alt. XIII's

Next were the Maize XIII lows as I remember it(weren't quite LS again I don't believe, but I'm assuming it would fall under that category had theybeen released today), same with the Ice Blue 10's and even about the same with the Linen 10's I think.

The Obsidian/Orange XIII Lows were after those, and I believe those had a line of clothing to go with them, which I think was the first since the Alt.XIII's. Then we got into the chartuese XIV's, the Cinder XIV's, and Redwood XIV's.

THEN the Chambray VII's came, a full year later.

The Melo II's and Laser IV's(neither the fire red IV online package nor the black/grey in-store release) weren't part of this

It's possible I missed a couple pairs in there that I just didn't care about, but that gives you the general timeline.

Originally Posted by C Money 88 05

Originally Posted by fenixconnexion

reverse that and we've got a winner.

the grey, navy, and brown XIX lows were first, then the Altitude XIII's were the first "major" release like this.

Back then they didn't coin them as "Lifestyle" releases as they do now(they hinted around to it in the Jordan Magazine though, I just remember them not carrying the "lifestyle" name directly)

I think the Tour IV's may have been the first to carry the Lifestyle name directly(as in marked on the box)

damn, thanks for the correction, i shuda checked the RDs of both shoes!
THEN the Chambray VII's came, a full year later.

there was a very long discussion about this a while back and the verdict was that the Chambray VII's were a Limited GR... NOT an LS but NOT a GR at thesame time

nah, I'm not calling you a liar or anything(I think I remember the post you're talking about if it was right when the chambray 7's released)
but I still say they're a LS release.

The grey/purple 7's and flip 3's are more like examples of limited GR's like what they meant IMO, and note that neither had a specific clothingline to go with them(like GR's don't), yet the Chambray 7's came equipped with the lifestyle clothing along with it.

Who knows anymore(who cares IMO.....besides the threadstarter), and I didn't keep up with that post to know the verdict so if you're right you'reright. I learn something new everyday, why not now?

What about the Olympic VI's?
happy.gif

XIX lows as mentioned were the 1st LS model

then the Tour IVs were after that and marked on the box tag

Altitudes were the 1st Limited Jordans to hit certain stores, but the Blak Carolina XIIs(online) hit stores weeks after RD.

What about the Olympic VI's?
these were only limited online also i think.

The Chambray 7's were not a limited GR because they were only at urban acounts and the alts were the first LS because back in the day someone had acatalogue pic with the alts before they came out and everyone was like whats that LS by them.

^ No need to post the same thing twice lol

You're right the Tours were first to have the BOX label as LS..

But Lifestyle Jordans began with the XIX lowtop. FACT.

Originally Posted by H TOWN HUSTLER

Altitudes, I can remember the hype like yesterday.

did you read any other posts in this thread? and just a side note, not all LS shoes are hyped up...

[color= rgb(255, 255, 0)]I Believe Te Second LS Color In 2005 Was Jordan Retro X Ice Blue[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 255, 0)]They Didn't Start Naming Them LS Lifestyle Until The Jordan Tours[/color]

Back
Top Bottom