What was the last ICONIC beat in hip-hop? Something that will be bumped 15/20 years from now...

1. Y'all have no idea what iconic means.
2. Iconic has NOTHING to do with what you like.
3. Power, while a good suggestion is too soon to be called iconic.
4. Grindin, while initially was my thought...is iconic in the minds of hip-hop fans only.
5. The answer is In Da Club.

opp>hip hop horray and i feel like i have heard the run this town beat in a lot of movie trailers

Wu-Tang: CREAM is still, and will be the most recycled, sampled beat EVER.

Second by Biggie: Who Shot Ya

Nearly anything Dre and Snoop.
Grindin'.
Power.
Devil in a New Dress.
In Da Club.

I still rock this song like it just came out. This song is 20 years old. Think about that 20 years old!!! The Low End Theory was released in September 1991. I remember rushing to Kemp Mill Records to get this ASAP.
pimp.gif

These are the beats I like:
Dre - LA N_s
Fab - Breathe
Kanye West - Last Call
Nas - Made You Look/Thief's Theme

Plenty of others, but yeah those already posted will be for a majority of cats.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

no, we're not gonna hear !@$@ like "Get em' Daddy" years down the road, so let's get real..
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Grindin is the only one I can think of. In Da Club too.

I think Kanye's "Power" has potential I guess
eyes.gif

In the Hip Hop world Grindin' is right up there for sure, but Still DRE would be an "iconic" beat to me, as well as Heart Of The City. Basically, whatever gets the most public exposure throughout the years would be an iconic beat IMO. I believe Chrysler used Heart Of The City in a recent commercial of theirs, and Still Dre can be heard at the most random times (movies etc). 

Originally Posted by Cole World 22

Yo, J. Cole killed that ^^^^^ beat. I'll post the video for y'all later.And that ni**a didn't drop out of college (no gimmick needed).

Please go away. Stay in J. Cole threads only. And i rather listen to Common's much better version. 

Iconic beat?  It's GOTTA go to one of those  "EPIC" J Cole beats.  It'll definitely be bumped 15/20 years from now by all those folks who are having trouble sleeping.  That would put you to sleep T.I.P ASAP!

In Da Club I would say.

Grindin' is a good call.

Power didn't even feel like it was that massive during it's time that it will be iconic well beyond it's time.

In terms of a recent record, I was thinking maybe "Forever"?

crank that was pretty good, i know its Soulja Boy but still...(turn my swag on also)
big pimpin' doesn't get enough respect.

i like the next episode better than still d.r.e. (when the beat drops) 
sick.gif

in da club takes the crown tho.

Flashing Lights is incredibly slept on.
BMF came to my mind immediately. can still play that constantly.
A Milli obviously.

Power's great but it's not ICONIC.
Grindin'

BE intro

In Da Club

Killa Cam

Dipset Anthem

What You Know

Made You Look

Drop It Like Its Hot

xXxplosive

Still D.R.E.

I'm God

are all the best candidates I've seen so far.

A Milli

Say You Will

BMF

Sensual Seduction

are some recent ones that come to my mind.

Back
Top Bottom