What were the best shows/concerts you ever been to?

Method Man always stage diving or running into the crowd.
laugh.gif
smokin.gif

GITD was incredible. Aside from the 'Ye set, the lineup was just too dope.

Lu definitely set it off right with that Justice remix.
N.E.R.D.'s live show energy is crazy. CRAZY. 'Spaz' live should be a felony.

Even Rhi Rhi held her own.

Only gripe I had with the show is the short set times they opening acts were given.

And of course, the 'Ye set was
eek.gif
eek.gif

Honorable mention goes to Gaga's 'The Monster Ball Tour'

She really connects to her fans, man. Respect for her increased 1000x.

GITD was incredible. Aside from the 'Ye set, the lineup was just too dope.

Lu definitely set it off right with that Justice remix.

Even Rhi Rhi held her own.

Only gripe I had with the show is the short set times they opening acts were given.

And of course, the 'Ye set was
eek.gif
eek.gif

Honorable mention goes to Gaga's 'The Monster Ball Tour'

She really connects to her fans, man. Respect for her increased 1000x.

I've been to a number of epic concerts/festivals but there are some that just stood out for me personally...

~The Jay-Z/Em concert at Yankee Stadium was great. Never seen Jay nor Em live and the energy was amazing. The guests and overall aura was awesome

~The Roots Grammy Jam this past year had everything - my favorite group of all time (the roots), John Legend, Jay Electronica and so many more timeless artists rolled through. I went to the Grammy's the next night and this show was better. Amazing night

~Wale's show at Highline Ballroom NYC in 08 was one of the most epic nights. That was the time when he had the whole industry backing him and everyone came out to support. Kid Cudi was an opening act. Jim Jones, Pusha T, Young Chris, Freeway, Ryan Leslie, Jay-Z, 9th Wonder and many more were in the house supporting or up on stage. Also, I look back it's funny because I was one of the few to recognize Drake and the crowd and we were kickin it talkin hip hop by the bar. He knew me via my site because I had been pushing his mixtapes which I discovered right here in the forums

I've been to a number of epic concerts/festivals but there are some that just stood out for me personally...

~The Jay-Z/Em concert at Yankee Stadium was great. Never seen Jay nor Em live and the energy was amazing. The guests and overall aura was awesome

~The Roots Grammy Jam this past year had everything - my favorite group of all time (the roots), John Legend, Jay Electronica and so many more timeless artists rolled through. I went to the Grammy's the next night and this show was better. Amazing night

~Wale's show at Highline Ballroom NYC in 08 was one of the most epic nights. That was the time when he had the whole industry backing him and everyone came out to support. Kid Cudi was an opening act. Jim Jones, Pusha T, Young Chris, Freeway, Ryan Leslie, Jay-Z, 9th Wonder and many more were in the house supporting or up on stage. Also, I look back it's funny because I was one of the few to recognize Drake and the crowd and we were kickin it talkin hip hop by the bar. He knew me via my site because I had been pushing his mixtapes which I discovered right here in the forums

30t6p3b.gif
I forgot to add Hov's 9/11 Show, when "Run This Town" & "Good Life" came on I thought the MSG roof was about to fall.

30t6p3b.gif
I forgot to add Hov's 9/11 Show, when "Run This Town" & "Good Life" came on I thought the MSG roof was about to fall.

Originally Posted by i LyricaLJKilla i

I really need to hit up an N.E.R.D show. I heard their shows are amazing, plus I peeped some of their performances on youtube. I don't get to go to concerts too often cuz none of my friends are really music lovers like me. I def needa try to start going to more shows tho. that will be my new years resolution
laugh.gif

I really need to hit up an N.E.R.D show. I heard their shows are amazing, plus I peeped some of their performances on youtube. I don't get to go to concerts too often cuz none of my friends are really music lovers like me. I def needa try to start going to more shows tho. that will be my new years resolution
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Jiggaman414

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
pimp.gif

It's funny. I caught them RIGHT before Seeing Sounds came out. So hearing their live mixes of 'AntiMatter' 'Spaz' 'Everyone Nose' had me geeked for the album. I put the disc in, heard the studio versions of the songs, and had the 
frown.gif
 face on for the rest of the night.

Anyone who's seen 'Spaz' performed live can attest to it. Pure 
eek.gif
eek.gif
sick.gif

I'd pay top dollar to see N.E.R.D. anytime. 

Originally Posted by Jiggaman414

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
pimp.gif

It's funny. I caught them RIGHT before Seeing Sounds came out. So hearing their live mixes of 'AntiMatter' 'Spaz' 'Everyone Nose' had me geeked for the album. I put the disc in, heard the studio versions of the songs, and had the 
frown.gif
 face on for the rest of the night.

Anyone who's seen 'Spaz' performed live can attest to it. Pure 
eek.gif
eek.gif
sick.gif

I'd pay top dollar to see N.E.R.D. anytime. 

Originally Posted by nadroj 32

This is my first post here in the music forum. I assumed that there might be a topic very similar to this since it is such a general question but I did not find one with the NT Search.  If I missed it, my apologies....

Turns out that I had no idea of how great this show would be considered to be until a couple of years later.

Me and some of my friends rolled to a place called the Belly Up Tavern in Solana Beach (northern san diego) to see the Pharcyde play with a couple of bands called The Roots and The Fugees.  At the time I had no idea who any of the three were. I was heavily into San Diego punk bands and wasn't  into the hip hop  scene at all.  It was just gonna be another show for me; hanging out with my friends. Some of the girls we ran with swore by the Fugees and the Pharcyde so we all went. 

Pharcyde opened with a little x-over with the Roots.  i dont remember the songs they did.  i do remember lots of slow freestyling and really heavy beats    When Lauryn Hill came out on stage ( killer legs) to close out with Wyclef, the whole place went off.

Yeah im old, this was back in the fall of 95.
Mid to late 90's at the Belly Up was the best. I got to see some of the best concerts of my life there. Outkast during the Aquemini tour, the Roots multiple times, De La, Gang Starr, but the one that was the best for me there was Goodie Mob was the opener when they were barely known and I was one of the 20 people watching them and it was incredible. They killed it and then the two main groups were the Roots first and then the Fugees and man the Fugees killed it. Their energy was just incredible. Then when Goodie Mob came back on the Still Standing album and they were really big and headlined to a huge audience their stage show was fantastic. But the best part about Belly Up back in the day is you were pretty much guaranteed to meet a lot of the artists that performed that night because they'd either be hanging out in the crowd before and after their show or their tour bus would be right outside in the parking lot and they'd just be standing outside next to it.

But by far the best show I've ever experienced was the U2 360 tour at the Rose Bowl last year. That whole experience was like nothing I've ever seen before. Everything from the massive stage, to the lighting, to the setlist, to the energy the band brought and how energetic the crowd was, was just incredible. I'm going again next year when they come back to Anaheim and I can't wait.

And also I was lucky enough to see Biggie back in the day on one of those super tours that always goes around during the summer. He wasn't the headliner but it was cool to actually have gotten to see him perform live.

And I hate to say it but one of my most disappointing concerts I've seen was Nas about 5 years ago. It was the only time I've ever seen him live and it was cool to see him on stage but he kept forgetting lyrics, he only did like one verse from all of his biggest hits and it was just all over the place. Definitely not what I was hoping for.

Originally Posted by nadroj 32

This is my first post here in the music forum. I assumed that there might be a topic very similar to this since it is such a general question but I did not find one with the NT Search.  If I missed it, my apologies....

Turns out that I had no idea of how great this show would be considered to be until a couple of years later.

Me and some of my friends rolled to a place called the Belly Up Tavern in Solana Beach (northern san diego) to see the Pharcyde play with a couple of bands called The Roots and The Fugees.  At the time I had no idea who any of the three were. I was heavily into San Diego punk bands and wasn't  into the hip hop  scene at all.  It was just gonna be another show for me; hanging out with my friends. Some of the girls we ran with swore by the Fugees and the Pharcyde so we all went. 

Pharcyde opened with a little x-over with the Roots.  i dont remember the songs they did.  i do remember lots of slow freestyling and really heavy beats    When Lauryn Hill came out on stage ( killer legs) to close out with Wyclef, the whole place went off.

Yeah im old, this was back in the fall of 95.
Mid to late 90's at the Belly Up was the best. I got to see some of the best concerts of my life there. Outkast during the Aquemini tour, the Roots multiple times, De La, Gang Starr, but the one that was the best for me there was Goodie Mob was the opener when they were barely known and I was one of the 20 people watching them and it was incredible. They killed it and then the two main groups were the Roots first and then the Fugees and man the Fugees killed it. Their energy was just incredible. Then when Goodie Mob came back on the Still Standing album and they were really big and headlined to a huge audience their stage show was fantastic. But the best part about Belly Up back in the day is you were pretty much guaranteed to meet a lot of the artists that performed that night because they'd either be hanging out in the crowd before and after their show or their tour bus would be right outside in the parking lot and they'd just be standing outside next to it.

But by far the best show I've ever experienced was the U2 360 tour at the Rose Bowl last year. That whole experience was like nothing I've ever seen before. Everything from the massive stage, to the lighting, to the setlist, to the energy the band brought and how energetic the crowd was, was just incredible. I'm going again next year when they come back to Anaheim and I can't wait.

And also I was lucky enough to see Biggie back in the day on one of those super tours that always goes around during the summer. He wasn't the headliner but it was cool to actually have gotten to see him perform live.

And I hate to say it but one of my most disappointing concerts I've seen was Nas about 5 years ago. It was the only time I've ever seen him live and it was cool to see him on stage but he kept forgetting lyrics, he only did like one verse from all of his biggest hits and it was just all over the place. Definitely not what I was hoping for.

Went to see Jay-Z and U2 down here in New Zealand. It was amazing, especially seeing as we hardly ever get artists of that magnitude down here. Can't even describe how sick it was. 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Went to see Jay-Z and U2 down here in New Zealand. It was amazing, especially seeing as we hardly ever get artists of that magnitude down here. Can't even describe how sick it was. 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Em and Jay at comerica

worst had to be 3 6 mafia a couple weeks ago didnt play any old songs and there stage presence was horrible

Em and Jay at comerica

worst had to be 3 6 mafia a couple weeks ago didnt play any old songs and there stage presence was horrible

Jay and Em concert at Yankee Stadium most definitely 
pimp.gif

Cole put on a great show too at Rutgersfest.. Wish I had tickets to his show thats coming up soon in nyc
tired.gif

Jay and Em concert at Yankee Stadium most definitely 
pimp.gif

Cole put on a great show too at Rutgersfest.. Wish I had tickets to his show thats coming up soon in nyc
tired.gif

Back
Top Bottom