What would be the best 2nd language to learn?

Mandarin or Spanish. In my logic, i would put Japanese in front of Spanish. Mandarin is obvious because the way China has been booming with their industrialization and exports. Technology is the future and Japan is the most advance when it comes to tech. That is why I feel *** is a good language to learn.

In the U.S you would probably end up using Spanish the most but a lot of people are learning Mandarin or some other Oriental lang.

you really think you guys who work normal 9-5's in the US will learn mandarin? So many sheep on NT....so what if the Chinese population is rising the quickest....you shoe heads that don't leave the states or even do anything of significance won't need to learn it.

Keep it 100 and say spanish...that way you can at least understand people you will come in contact with.

Just finished my first semester of 中文
pimp.gif
, but if you can't dedicate enough time for pure memorization then I would go for something else. No such thing as sounding anything out anymore.

Originally Posted by useref15

Just wondering....why would you be well off knowing Arabic. (srs question)

The government is always looking for Arabic translators ... There's also a work boom because of the wars

Back
Top Bottom