What would you do? Vol. You can't come back to my house!!

:rofl:
hahahahaha thats the thing. the cheap guy NEVER hosts. Either cause he still lives with moms, or because he's too cheap too. Same situation with my cheap friend. There was one time I remember when cheap friend hosted. I straight up told him that I'm not bringing anything cause he shows up empty handed to my house EVERYTIME. I show up and what do I find? NOTHING. no food, maybe 5 loose beers (for bout 8-10 people) and thats it. All my other deadbeat friends rolled empty handed that day too, so cheap host had the audacity to say "someone go out and get some beer". WORST. GET TOGETHER. EVER.
I took an extra L later when my wife was givin me the business bout being classless and showing up empty handed. She was annoyed that I would stoop to that petty level and try to go tit for tat. "Just cause your boy is a classless bum doesnt give you the right to do the same thing." Man, it was like gettin chewed out by moms when I was a kid. shame.

Your wife said "classless bum" :rofl:

Call him out on it. If he's your boy, he will know where u coming from. Don't let something little like that ruin a good friendship.

Talk to him about your concerns.

That's what an adult would do in this situation.

I just let it slide at the time. It was just a quiet observation when it happened.

everyone bring a bottle?  u r either the heaviest drinkers on earth or ur trying to get free liquor on da low.  

u can get wings and fries for 7 bucks and most bottles cost at least 15. im starting to wonder whos the cheap one here.

This. Cheap hosts want you to bring a $30 bottle and they grilling hamburgers and chicken legs. Fools ain't even grilling steaks and wings, they hitting you with store brand burgers and the family pack of chicken legs for $0.99 a pound.

Nothing wrong with having people over for wings and fries, but a bottle each is OD. If this was a fancier dinner and he bought a bottle of liquor or wine, then took it. Then that's a little tacky and lame.

But just a chill night with wings and fries, a bottle per person is a lot. The guests are probably spending more per person than you are for the food, and yeah it's in your house and you're hosting.. but that's a bit much. 

everyone bring a bottle?  u r either the heaviest drinkers on earth or ur trying to get free liquor on da low.  

u can get wings and fries for 7 bucks and most bottles cost at least 15. im starting to wonder whos the cheap one here.

After coming back into this thread and reading more, what dude did is still kinda corny but it definitely seems like OP is cheap as hell. I was thinking this was some big spread he prepared (and all he had leftover was wings & fries when dude showed up late) since he was specifically asking everyone to bring a bottle but JUST chicken wings and fries? :smh:

There's a cost associated with hosting parties.

It is tacky as heck to take your bottle back home with you but it is equally tacky to ask guests to bring a bottle when you are only serving some raggedy *** wings and fries. With that being said my pops taught me that you never show up at a man's house without a 12 pack of beer. That rule has always served me well. If there is a lady of the house bring her a bottle of wine, that always goes over well too. Ps best believe I'm taking down at least 6 them brews though lol.

Every last one of you missed the point . It's not the point of being cheap or trying to get free liquor. I already had some in the crib FYI. I love how NT always tries to flip things :lol:. I don't think it was wrong to ask. I didn't even require them to bring top shelf anything. You have to coach people on how to be hospitable and polite these days now? Idk, for some reason things get lost in translation when posted on a message board. I don't take it personal. We don't know each other personally anyway. I wonder who really is cheap in this thread, but I digress....

Last edited:
I actually deal with something pretty similar, but not sure how much so...

I have a friend that I been cool with for about 6-7 years and out of my click of 5 or 6 he's the only one who acts cheap.  In the past we'd all go out and a lot of the times we had to pay for his entrance, buy him drinks, cover his food.. ha, there was even a time when he didn't get into a spot because of the shirt he had on, so we all put money together to buy him a shirt at the store next door. Now although we would get annoyed with it most of the time, we dealt with it because we realized that it wasn't because he was cheap, yet it was because he was BROKE! He never worked while he was in school (still don't understand how anyone can do this unless they're rich) and simply didn't have it. Now he works and in our first time out since, he bought the 1st round at the bar and paid me and a couple other friends on bets he lost MONTHS AGO! Basically what I'm saying is, there's a difference between cheap and broke. Broke, I'll work with...cheap, I'm calling you out. Simple.

next time, adjust the panties from your balls and tell him straight up instead of making a thread about it

This ain't about your cheap friend showing up late, eating all your food, and then taking his own bottle back... You've been trying to cut him off for years, admit it, now you have given yourself a reason to do so. :lol:

If I'm hosting something, I'll usually provide a bottle of liquor, a couple bottles of wine, or two six-packs or so. I definitely appreciate guests that bring their own alcohol to contribute and, in my circles anyway, it's kind of an unspoken understanding. Taking alcohol back home? I mean, it doesn't really bother me but it is tacky. It's not like you're going to a college rager with people you don't know :lol: The worst is when dudes take home alcohol they didn't even bring. Are you kidding me? :smh:

Are you seriously considering compromising a 6-7 year friendship for somethng as simple as dude wanting to drink the rest of his liquor that HE bought?
yup

Am I the only one who doesn't think this is a big deal.. at all? :lol:
If it's a cheap bottle... then it's whatever :lol:
yup

yeeeeeaaaahhhh all that

FIXED.

NOT A BIG DEAL.

WAY MORE IMPORTANT THINGS TO WORRY ABOUT THAN SOMEONE TAKING BACK A CHEAP BOTTLE OF LIQUOR.

Last edited:
Honestly the way I see it is if you bring something great because that's how I was raised but if you don't then well its okay too. And honestly yeah that is shady that he did that but you gotta understand that maybe he just sees it as not that big a deal. If it bothers you that much then don't invite him.

next time, adjust the panties from your balls and tell him straight up instead of making a thread about it

You obviously are reading way more into it than what it is :stoneface:

This ain't about your cheap friend showing up late, eating all your food, and then taking his own bottle back... You've been trying to cut him off for years, admit it, now you have given yourself a reason to do so. :lol:

W T F are you talking about? How did you even deduce that from what I said? :smh: Just.....amazing :lol:. You sound like a young'n.

Are you seriously considering compromising a 6-7 year friendship for somethng as simple as dude wanting to drink the rest of his liquor that HE bought?
yup

yup

yeeeeeaaaahhhh all that

FIXED.

NOT A BIG DEAL.

WAY MORE IMPORTANT THINGS TO WORRY ABOUT THAN SOMEONE TAKING BACK A CHEAP BOTTLE OF LIQUOR.

:stoneface: . Relax bro. I swear general is like a a big *** game of telephone with females. I see a lot of projecting going on here. I'm not weak, cheap, or stingy. The situation was put out as a situation. I mean hell, the thread title says what would you do? All I got for the most part was "you're cheap" and "all you made was wings and FRYS bro" :rofl:. Some of y'all really make people hate to post here :lol: but it's all good.

You obviously are reading way more into it than what it is

not really bro, if anything you are the one doing so, you honestly wanted him to leave the bottle there? you clearly stated it was a cheap bottle. probably 10-15 bucks. you know what he is about, you've "known" him for 6-7 years. you already know what the deal is. a real friend confronts the issue at the root.

Last edited:

You obviously are reading way more into it than what it is :stoneface:

W T F are you talking about? How did you even deduce that from what I said? :smh: Just.....amazing :lol:. You sound like a young'n.

yup

yup

yeeeeeaaaahhhh all that

FIXED.

NOT A BIG DEAL.

:stoneface: . Relax bro. I swear general is like a a big *** game of telephone with females. I see a lot of projecting going on here. I'm not weak, cheap, or stingy. The situation was put out as a situation. I mean hell, the thread title says what would you do? All I got for the most part was "you're cheap" and "all you made was wings and FRYS bro" :rofl:. Some of y'all really make people hate to post here :lol: but it's all good.

IRONIC.

If you been chillin with him, you should know how he is, just let it rock. I am sure after 6 years you are kinda use to it.

Back
Top Bottom