What would you in this job situation??

I have two job offers. They are both doing asphalt work and the first one is a big company that was going to pay me 14/hr but its a new company to me and haven't worked with any of the people. They work days, some nights and some weekends. They told me i would have 2 days off per week but they wouldn't be the same each week so I could have tuesday/wednesday off or sunday/monday or any random 2 days. 
The second job is with my uncle who I worked the same type of job with last year. They are willing to pay me 15/hr but its a smaller company that works monday through friday and some weekends but not many. I would be able to chill because my uncle is the foreman and I've worked with him for a while. 

I just emailed the first job and asked for 15 and they got back to me and told me that they would but now I dont know what to do.

Should I go with a place I know but possibly work less hours or go to a bigger company that will definitely give me overtime but I might miss out on the whole summer! Tell me what to do NT

I have two job offers. They are both doing asphalt work and the first one is a big company that was going to pay me 14/hr but its a new company to me and haven't worked with any of the people. They work days, some nights and some weekends. They told me i would have 2 days off per week but they wouldn't be the same each week so I could have tuesday/wednesday off or sunday/monday or any random 2 days. 
The second job is with my uncle who I worked the same type of job with last year. They are willing to pay me 15/hr but its a smaller company that works monday through friday and some weekends but not many. I would be able to chill because my uncle is the foreman and I've worked with him for a while. 

I just emailed the first job and asked for 15 and they got back to me and told me that they would but now I dont know what to do.

Should I go with a place I know but possibly work less hours or go to a bigger company that will definitely give me overtime but I might miss out on the whole summer! Tell me what to do NT

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]You need to understand that the decisions a president makes during his time in office cannot be fully evaluated for years if not decades. Do you think people living during Abraham Lincoln's presidency could truly understand the impact of the emancipation proclamation or the civil war?[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Do you think people living during the construction of the National Highway system understood its implications for the future population distribution of the United States and the subsequent developments of white flight and the black migration to urban centers?[/font]

[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Do you think people who are alive NOW will truly understand the implications of our wars in Afghanistan and Iraq? Doubtful. [/font]

[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]To truly understand the impact that a president's policys have had on a nation you must view their impacts 10, 20, and 30 years after the fact.[/font]

[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]You need to understand that the decisions a president makes during his time in office cannot be fully evaluated for years if not decades. Do you think people living during Abraham Lincoln's presidency could truly understand the impact of the emancipation proclamation or the civil war?[/font]

[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Do you think people living during the construction of the National Highway system understood its implications for the future population distribution of the United States and the subsequent developments of white flight and the black migration to urban centers?[/font]

[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Do you think people who are alive NOW will truly understand the implications of our wars in Afghanistan and Iraq? Doubtful. [/font]

[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]To truly understand the impact that a president's policys have had on a nation you must view their impacts 10, 20, and 30 years after the fact.[/font]

[/font]

Originally Posted by proper english

[/font]

[/font]

[/font]

[/font]
what the #@%*?

Originally Posted by proper english

[/font]

[/font]

[/font]

[/font]
what the #@%*?

laugh.gif
proper english

OP if you need the money go with the overtime job otherwise the one with your uncle is good getting days off in the summer
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
proper english

OP if you need the money go with the overtime job otherwise the one with your uncle is good getting days off in the summer
pimp.gif

Depends how bad you need that money, id go with my uncle probably just cause
You more likely will get treated better

Depends how bad you need that money, id go with my uncle probably just cause
You more likely will get treated better

Originally Posted by thebeaner99

Go with your uncle. The weekends off will feel great

This. Also, can you still go work with the bigger company from time to time? You could get your overtime that way.

Originally Posted by thebeaner99

Go with your uncle. The weekends off will feel great

This. Also, can you still go work with the bigger company from time to time? You could get your overtime that way.

the weekends off are good but i think it would be better to get a start in the bigger company.

At the same time you work with your uncle and work your way up and in time you will prob move up the ladder faster. I would go with the safer job that you wouldnt get layed off at. which is prob with your uncle

Back
Top Bottom