What's good my Asian NTers Vol. Eating at an Asian restaurant

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Yea don't use the word Oriental. I know a few Asians that hate that word as much as I hate the N-Word. Just refrain from using that and never ever use it in the real world. Just erase it.

This.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

Asian =
Chinese
Korean
Japanese
Filipino
Indian
Laos
Thai

Each with their own different culture and customs.

ps. Oriental is an outdated term (at least in the US)
Fixed

jk

Originally Posted by JFMartiMcDandruff

Asian =
Chinese
Korean
Japanese
Filipino
Indian
Laos
Thai

Fixed

jk

Was wondering how long it would take
roll.gif

Asian =
Chinese
Korean
Japanese
Filipino
Indian
Laos
Thai

Fixed

jk

roll.gif

Asian =
Chinese
Korean
Japanese
Filipino
Indian
Laos
Thai

Fixed

jk

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Asian =
Chinese
Korean
Japanese
Filipino
Indian
Laos
Thai

Fixed

jk

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by tyroneaintblack

true asians would their rice with their hands like straight savages. but yeah, spoon for rice and chopsticks for noodles. 

i wouldnt say savages, many cultures eat primarily with their hands like Ethiopia and parts of middle east and asia.   

true asians would their rice with their hands like straight savages. but yeah, spoon for rice and chopsticks for noodles. 

i wouldnt say savages, many cultures eat primarily with their hands like Ethiopia and parts of middle east and asia.   

Originally Posted by ourtran

like I said.... Savages

like I said.... Savages

Originally Posted by scshift

Fixed

jk

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Also, how do you know how to eat with chopsticks, but not know how to pick up rice with them? 
alien.gif
 If you need, just use utensils. We arent laughing at you for using forks or spoons.

(j/k yes we are
smile.gif
)

Fixed

jk

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Also, how do you know how to eat with chopsticks, but not know how to pick up rice with them? 
alien.gif
 If you need, just use utensils. We arent laughing at you for using forks or spoons.

(j/k yes we are
smile.gif
)

like I said.... Savages

Really dude?

like I said.... Savages

Really dude?

Originally Posted by Noskey

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

alien.gif

(j/k yes we are
smile.gif
)

Nah dude you got it wrong I can use chopsticks very well, I can pick up rice, noodles, etc with them. But I see my Asian friends doing strange things like moving the bowl to their mouth, taking giant mouthfuls of noodles, maybe I'm too "Americanized".

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

alien.gif

(j/k yes we are
smile.gif
)

Nah dude you got it wrong I can use chopsticks very well, I can pick up rice, noodles, etc with them. But I see my Asian friends doing strange things like moving the bowl to their mouth, taking giant mouthfuls of noodles, maybe I'm too "Americanized".

Whenever I go out with friends or family to an Asian restaurant (particularly Oriental), I got no clue how I should be eating cause I don't usually eat the rice/noodles out that often. My Asian friends pick up their rice bowls and use chopsticks to kind of scrape the food into their mouth and really stuff a lot of noodles into their mouth when they're eating.

Since I never learned this is kind of embarrassing when I go, so how should I be eating my rice and noodles? I know how to use chopsticks so I eat with them, but do I pick up some rice with the chopsticks then carry it to my mouth? And with the noodles do I slurp them, or pull a couple out of the bowl then bite them off with my teeth?

I know a good percentage of NT is Asian so thanks, good looking out

Whenever I go out with friends or family to an Asian restaurant (particularly Oriental), I got no clue how I should be eating cause I don't usually eat the rice/noodles out that often. My Asian friends pick up their rice bowls and use chopsticks to kind of scrape the food into their mouth and really stuff a lot of noodles into their mouth when they're eating.

Since I never learned this is kind of embarrassing when I go, so how should I be eating my rice and noodles? I know how to use chopsticks so I eat with them, but do I pick up some rice with the chopsticks then carry it to my mouth? And with the noodles do I slurp them, or pull a couple out of the bowl then bite them off with my teeth?

I know a good percentage of NT is Asian so thanks, good looking out

Either pick up the bowl and scoop or pick up a clump while you're getting a piece of meat/vegetables.

Either pick up the bowl and scoop or pick up a clump while you're getting a piece of meat/vegetables.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

alien.gif

(j/k yes we are
smile.gif
)

Maybe I'm not Asian enough or something, but I just lower my face closer to the plate/bowl and guide the rice to my mouth from there. It's rare I pick up my dish unless it's soup. But eating large bites is fairly standard. Just do whatever you feel comfortable with and enjoy the food. It's not that serious to be uncomfortable.

Back
Top Bottom