Whats good Niketalk, anyone have the T Mobile HTC HD7?

i used to have this phone, loved it but had to get rid of it because a lot features are missing for me. WP7 is brand new so it doesn't have a lot of features that other phones already have. When microsoft adds the mango update coming this fall it should be way better.

I did google it homie, I just rather some quick easy answers. I get tired of reading 4 pages of info, where one of you guys can help out with something right quick

i used to have this phone, loved it but had to get rid of it because a lot features are missing for me. WP7 is brand new so it doesn't have a lot of features that other phones already have. When microsoft adds the mango update coming this fall it should be way better.

I did google it homie, I just rather some quick easy answers. I get tired of reading 4 pages of info, where one of you guys can help out with something right quick

Wrap-up

10x1020ub21vrggs.jpg

What can we say that we haven't expressed already? The HD7 is pretty much what you thought it would be. It's that same 4.3-inch blueprint that HTC has exploited to great success with the HD2 and EVO 4G, applied to the brand new Windows Phone 7 operating environment. The first question you'll truly have to answer for yourself is whether or not you want to be aboard the WP7 gravy train. We remain staunch believers that a smartphone is only as good (or as bad) as its software, so decide on your OS first and your particular handset second. If you're still with us, we'd recommend the HD7 as a solid WP7 device choice, but with a few caveats.

The build quality is a step below the finest we've seen, landing the HD7 in the "passable" category, while the display may achieve a high level of brightness, but it goes to waste thanks to its poor contrast and viewing angles. For a device aspiring to woo us with its multimedia features, this, along with middling sound output from its stereo speakers, renders the HD7 a failure if measured purely by the boasts of its promotional materials.

But we judge by our own standards here, and the reason we like the HD7 is that it seems to be just about the perfect size for us. It trades little in the way of added bulk for an awful lot in added real estate and general usability. We know we like to beat the drum about pixels on these pages, but sometimes inches matter just as much. And lets not forget that we're still living in a world where nobody has yet managed to deliver a truly impressive 4.3-inch display, never mind the fanciness of Super AMOLED, so HTC deserves commendation for at the very least trying, and we reckon we might be happy dealing with a less Super panel that just gives us more of what we want. Provided what we want is Windows Phone 7.

Wrap-up

10x1020ub21vrggs.jpg

What can we say that we haven't expressed already? The HD7 is pretty much what you thought it would be. It's that same 4.3-inch blueprint that HTC has exploited to great success with the HD2 and EVO 4G, applied to the brand new Windows Phone 7 operating environment. The first question you'll truly have to answer for yourself is whether or not you want to be aboard the WP7 gravy train. We remain staunch believers that a smartphone is only as good (or as bad) as its software, so decide on your OS first and your particular handset second. If you're still with us, we'd recommend the HD7 as a solid WP7 device choice, but with a few caveats.

The build quality is a step below the finest we've seen, landing the HD7 in the "passable" category, while the display may achieve a high level of brightness, but it goes to waste thanks to its poor contrast and viewing angles. For a device aspiring to woo us with its multimedia features, this, along with middling sound output from its stereo speakers, renders the HD7 a failure if measured purely by the boasts of its promotional materials.

But we judge by our own standards here, and the reason we like the HD7 is that it seems to be just about the perfect size for us. It trades little in the way of added bulk for an awful lot in added real estate and general usability. We know we like to beat the drum about pixels on these pages, but sometimes inches matter just as much. And lets not forget that we're still living in a world where nobody has yet managed to deliver a truly impressive 4.3-inch display, never mind the fanciness of Super AMOLED, so HTC deserves commendation for at the very least trying, and we reckon we might be happy dealing with a less Super panel that just gives us more of what we want. Provided what we want is Windows Phone 7.

I got it when it came out and it's pretty cool. Like Can't Break posted, it's brand new so there's things missing. If you want it, you gotta be patient as it only had one major update and little small ones here and there. It's plain and sleek which I like my stuff to be, but has functions/features to be a fun phone. I guess I'm liking the potential but people won't like it for specific reasons...so far it has been doing its job for me.

I got it when it came out and it's pretty cool. Like Can't Break posted, it's brand new so there's things missing. If you want it, you gotta be patient as it only had one major update and little small ones here and there. It's plain and sleek which I like my stuff to be, but has functions/features to be a fun phone. I guess I'm liking the potential but people won't like it for specific reasons...so far it has been doing its job for me.

they got them for the free on tmobile.com...

i'm thinkin about coppin to flip... and keeping one just for myself...

but i dont know if the phone is worth it...

on the ebay scene and just for me...

i just WISH i could get an HD2 w/ front facing camera...

that would be BOSS.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

they got them for the free on tmobile.com...

i'm thinkin about coppin to flip... and keeping one just for myself...

but i dont know if the phone is worth it...

on the ebay scene and just for me...

i just WISH i could get an HD2 w/ front facing camera...

that would be BOSS.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

If it had Android and a front facing camera it would be the truth lol, but WP7 is just too new. It has pretty much all the general features you will find on any phone (Twitter, FB, Email, etc) but aint that much niche stuff out to make it that unique.

Back
Top Bottom