What's good with In and Out burger

I think it's overrated too. But if I do get one, I might as well - 4x4 with xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxtra grilled onions and extra spread.

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Originally Posted by tootthatthang

Really??? I guess I'm the only one but I hated five guys, we recently opened one in San Jose and I was disappointed.
I'll stick with my In n Out
grin.gif

Nah, you're not the only one breh, I feel the exact same way
This. But i do like their fries and the free peanuts, though...
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Mycoldyourdone

in and out, 5 guys, fuddruckers, cheeburger, they all taste the same to me. theyre good though.

apples and oranges my dude.
as for hype about in and out.. nahh. no hype. its the real deal.

people just gotta freakin realize its a FAST FOOD JOINT. its not no crazy extravagant sit down restaurant.

its just THE go to fast food burger joint where you know you'll be getting the business even before you take your first bite.

we're spoiled here in cali with that already so its just part of life here. yes there are better burgers, but again this is prob the best burger for the price.. remember fast food joint, not no sit down diner or burger from some fancy place using kobe beef and isht.

Incredibly overrated. I was all caught up in the hype and tried the one on Dallas last month, so disappointed. It did solidify for me,
225px-Whataburger_logo.svg.png
>> all.

You Californians can keep your double-double, us Texans will take this any day:
Whataburger_HoneyBBQChicken.jpg

Whataburger_PattyMelt.jpg

they're good, but i think it's more people riding for their region than the how much they like the food.

IN N OUT >>>> 5guys any damb day!

we need one in Houston!!! dallas is too far, plus i hate that city! LOL
go with a double double with animal style fries 
pimp.gif
sick.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Burgers are burgers to me. Some are better than others, but nothing that's distinctively the best...Never got that.

Originally Posted by MPLSdunk

they're good, but i think it's more people riding for their region than the how much they like the food.
I disagree. Most of the people I see who really be on that super
eek.gif
tip are from out of state, or maybe from a specific region (like the Bay Area) where there aren't that many of em (compared to Socal) so it's still kind of a treat.
Most west coast heads I see know exactly what it is, and that is the best tasting fast food in the country.
grin.gif
pimp.gif

Seriously, please post a better tasting double cheese burger from a fast food establishment than

miyql5.jpg

Then there's the price factor. In my state that right there cost $2.85, hell it cost me more in gas money to drive around the block and get the burger than the burger itself. GAME OVER

Here  is my 2 cents on the subject of burgers.

In & Out is popular because the menu is simple. Their french fries aren't that great honestly.

5 Guys. I've tried it twice and don't see what all the HYPE is for it. Unless your one of those people who prefer the size of your burger instead of quality. That's all it is with this spot is that it's a HUGE burger. French Fries here are seriously overrated. This burger spot is seriously over priced.

Smash Burger. This spot has become one of my more favorite spots recently. It does get sort of expensive. But the fries options & burger selection are just
pimp.gif

in & out >>>>>>>5guys anyday of the week. but the best burger ive had is the shake shack in NYC. and trust me it pains me to say it cause im from cali.

Originally Posted by djuzi05

Incredibly overrated. I was all caught up in the hype and tried the one on Dallas last month, so disappointed. It did solidify for me,
225px-Whataburger_logo.svg.png
>> all.

You Californians can keep your double-double, us Texans will take this any day:
I've lived in texas 10 years and Whataburger is GREAT, BUT. don't try to knock In n Out n say it is bad. The burgers are good, and their animal fries are damn good, especially compared to the regular whataburger fries and their quality is probably better than whataburger anyways.
Whataburger is nice, but it's not as unanimous of a descion as you think, especially for the price.

As far as five guys is concerned, they're overrated, the flavor on their burgers is too generic, their fries are trash as hell too.

If you have a Smash Burger in your area I recommend you try it out, it rivals fuddruckers as far as them sitdown type burger places are concerned. Toppings and Bread, size and flavor of the burger is on point.

Yup a common thing that I keep seeing in all of these burger threads that pop up at least twice a month here on NT General is:

People who post on here who aren't from Cali and especially the east coast NT'ers. The number one thing is the size of the burger is why they aren't impressed with In & Out.

Same goes for that dude from Texas who's raving about Whataburger. Remember people from Texas it usually all about size on anything with them
laugh.gif

If the double double is too small get a 4x4 then
laugh.gif

Double double+animal fries+chocolat-strawberry shake=
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

I disagree. Most of the people I see who really be on that super
eek.gif
tip are from out of state, or maybe from a specific region (like the Bay Area) where there aren't that many of em (compared to Socal) so it's still kind of a treat.
Most west coast heads I see know exactly what it is, and that is the best tasting fast food in the country.
grin.gif
pimp.gif

Seriously, please post a better tasting double cheese burger from a fast food establishment than

miyql5.jpg

Then there's the price factor. In my state that right there cost $2.85, hell it cost me more in gas money to drive around the block and get the burger than the burger itself. GAME OVER
nah, they're good. especially for the price.  i just don't see how people get so geeked off them. but then again people like up for anything new.  when we got sonic up here people lined up.
sick.gif
had them all over when i lived down south but i guess people are going to line up for anything new.

no love for smash burger? i think they're good but cost a little too much.

Went home(cali) for xmas break and In n Out is all I ate besides taco shop. Sucks that they don't have any in KC but Op get a double double, animal style fries and a neopolitan shake 
pimp.gif

nah, they're good. especially for the price.  i just don't see how people get so geeked off them. but then again people like up for anything new.  when we got sonic up here people lined up.
sick.gif
had them all over when i lived down south but i guess people are going to line up for anything new.

no love for smash burger? i think they're good but cost a little too much.
Never heard of it. Looks like the only one in Norcal is in Sacramento, I'm up there often I'll have to remember to slide through next time.

Originally Posted by kickz4me82

in & out >>>>>>>5guys anyday of the week. but the best burger [fast food] ive had is the shake shack in NYC. and trust me it pains me to say it cause im from cali.

- Yeah, I'm thrilled, we're getting a Shake Shack.  Hooray!
smokin.gif
  (However, we already have Square burger, a Stephen Starr burger joint [legendary restauranteur] - - a direct competitor to Shake Shake
ohwell.gif
)
http://www.alwayshungryny.com/thoug...tigating-burger-square-off-phily-vs-new-york/

http://www.travelchannel.com/video/tonys-top-nyc-burger-spots  (1:09 - 1:42)

Locations:

NYC

Miami, FL

Washington, DC

Westport, CT

Saratoga Springs, NY

(Middle East) - Dubai, Mall ofthe Emirates  /  Kuwait City, The Avenues

Coming Soon:

Philadelphia, PA (late Summer / Fall ’12)

In N Out and Five Guys are both 5 mins away from my house 
pimp.gif

Usually when I'm on a late night mission
laugh.gif
  :

Burgers: In N Out
Fries: Five Guys
$1 Large Coke: McDonalds (across the street from In N Out, so worth the extra trip)

I love In N Out. But, I'd take Nation's because all that cheese in In N Out would get me tired of it quicker.

Originally Posted by JordanKing Xi

I NEED ONE IN CHICAGO
I NEED ONE IN CHICAGO
I NEED ONE IN CHICAGO
I NEED ONE IN CHICAGO
I NEED ONE IN CHICAGO
I NEED ONE IN CHICAGO
I NEED ONE IN CHICAGO
I NEED ONE IN CHICAGO
I NEED ONE IN CHICAGO
I NEED ONE IN CHICAGO
my HEART
Shame on you. The best burgers in Chicago are from Chicago. In and Out aint %!*$. 

Back
Top Bottom