What's good with Nike Elite Basketbal Crew socks? (SOCKS FTW!)

Wow those black/blue, black/purple, black/pink, black/yellow are all dope !!

Nice link, i found those UConn Elites on there
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by sneakergameinsane

^Yeah they are their prices are just ridiculous

true but the beast makes the prices higher. surprised they haven't made em higher...they sell out INSTANTLY...

I got some of the Breast Cancers quarters from them...super mean on the feet

Originally Posted by Size 15 Please

Originally Posted by Thisismyvibe

Originally Posted by BostonThreeParty

what size feet do you have? I'm a 14 pushing 14.5 and I just think that i should be fine with the Red/White elite socks i just bought

I only wear a 13 so I've only bought LGs. What's been weird is that half of my pairs fit smaller than the others. They all fit the foot about the same but some of my socks come way up my calf and others don't. Meh. Not that much of an issue in my eyes, but whatever.
BostonThreeParty - I wear a sz 15

All of my LGs fit damn near perfect. The heel is right where its supposed to be unlike my XLs where it would slide all the way up to my ankle smh

i feel stupid asking a question after seeing your SN just now 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by kennyb1103

At first they were dope until everybody got a pair.

This. Bums like the dude who wears them to "break necks" at the gym are the reason for this. They're also the reason why it was so hard to find them to begin with. Rockin the whole Nike Combat collection for a pickup game.....

I remember when i first saw them and thought, dam $12 for ONE pair? i guess ill cop for the free shipping... wore em around and no one cared... all the colors were clearance on NDC and they dissapered...

then NCAA comes around, people see me wearing em, hype builds.

smh

Originally Posted by Degenerate423

Originally Posted by asmathews

Here you guys go...

Hoping NDC restocks these or eastbay gets some
nerd.gif

I ordered mine off the Syracuse La Crosse site.  If you go to the NFL/NCAA football thread there is a link on page 46...

Originally Posted by Venomenon

I remember when i first saw them and thought, dam $12 for ONE pair? i guess ill cop for the free shipping... wore em around and no one cared... all the colors were clearance on NDC and they dissapered...

smh
I have said it before a lot earlier in this thread. The original black/grey and white/grey were out in 2008...Nobody cared about these back then.. I bought a couple pairs of each back then at Niketown just because I always bought whatever Nike basketball socks came out that year. A couple years later John Wall wears them at Kentucky and they blow up everywhere.  It just goes to show you that it was either the colors, or the fact players like John Wall wore them that got them popular. I think if the socks didnt have the stripe and were just plain black or white, they would be sitting on the shelves forever. The majority of people did not need "performance" socks and probably still dont. The power of Nike is amazing sometimes

Originally Posted by bostonmarc

Originally Posted by Venomenon

smh
I have said it before a lot earlier in this thread. The original black/grey and white/grey were out in 2008...Nobody cared about these back then.. I bought a couple pairs of each back then at Niketown just because I always bought whatever Nike basketball socks came out that year. A couple years later John Wall wears them at Kentucky and they blow up everywhere.  It just goes to show you that it was either the colors, or the fact players like John Wall wore them that got them popular. I think if the socks didnt have the stripe and were just plain black or white, they would be sitting on the shelves forever. The majority of people did not need "performance" socks and probably still dont. The power of Nike is amazing sometimes

My take is that the placement of the stripes, and the fact that they are offered in plenty of different colors now only helped the cause.  As opposed to traditional tube socks with 1/2/3 stripes around the top, these offered a new take- hip, different, and flashy in their own right- doesn't hurt that Major NIKE Hoops College Programs started rocking them.  I like them when it gets cooler out 50s,60s, even low 70s, to wear with shorts as opposed to wearing sweats or warmups.  Gives the calves a little extra covering.  Do i NEED them- no absolutely not, but I like the way they look and they are damb comfortable.

Originally Posted by sho3tym

Originally Posted by Degenerate423

Originally Posted by asmathews

Here you guys go...

Hoping NDC restocks these or eastbay gets some
nerd.gif

I ordered mine off the Syracuse La Crosse site.  If you go to the NFL/NCAA football thread there is a link on page 46...
Used nikechat today and they said there werent going to get a restock on those volts 

Originally Posted by BostonThreeParty

Originally Posted by Size 15 Please

Originally Posted by Thisismyvibe

I only wear a 13 so I've only bought LGs. What's been weird is that half of my pairs fit smaller than the others. They all fit the foot about the same but some of my socks come way up my calf and others don't. Meh. Not that much of an issue in my eyes, but whatever.
BostonThreeParty - I wear a sz 15

All of my LGs fit damn near perfect. The heel is right where its supposed to be unlike my XLs where it would slide all the way up to my ankle smh

i feel stupid asking a question after seeing your SN just now 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
LOL its kool
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom