What's good with Nike Elite Basketbal Crew socks? (SOCKS FTW!)

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

What happened?!?!

anybody that live around HOH at Prince George's Mall in Maryland, pls pm, or call or text, 714-718-5936, thanks

Originally Posted by blackcat23mj

Originally Posted by usctrojan00

I am still trying to understand why these socks are selling north of $40 on ebay. I have a pair which I bought for less than retail, and they are not incrementally better than the dri-fit socks I have. Personally speaking, I think these socks are simply hype.

you have the right sock? they are not just incrementally better, these are a whole lot better...trust me i didnt even want to think about socks costing 12 bucks yet alone 8 bucks for 1 pair and when i got them because of all the praise these have gotten, im sold.  

i was originally a die hard fan of NBA socks which are somewhat comparable, these elite socks in my opinion are better because it has the arch support and spandex in areas so that the socks dont move around as you do.  personally i think these are worth the "hype" everyone has professed to.  i know i'm sold.

i dont know why people buy them for $40 bucks but i dont blame them if they know what these are like.  Nike just needs to make more of them to go around.

Yea - We are talking about the same sock. My friend posted a bunch on Ebay and one pair sold for $60+. Most of his sold for over $40. Look - I am not one to judge people for spending their own money on socks or whatever. I just don't think they are worth that much hype. My feet are just as comfortable with my Balega socks which are just as good (if not better). I have a couple of NBA socks which I got for $6 w/ F&F at my local Foot Locker which are prety darn good for me as well. I give Nike credit for their marketing. They produce less to create the hype and then they'll flood the market with them and make a killing. . 

man how fast did these fly off eastbay?

I just checked, and they had the reds, blacks, and whites, and they all out of stock
eek.gif
smh.gif

^ that's what i'm saying. used to be able to buy these socks with np off eastbay. gotta look elsewhere now cuz i definitely don't feel like e-camping for them lol.

Originally Posted by mogzz04

I just checked, and they had the reds, blacks, and whites, and they all out of stock
eek.gif
smh.gif

Seems like a small restock.

Partial of next week's shipment?
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif

shoot i hope they were never available.......... sometimes they put stuff on the site whenever they anticipate getting stuff.

for real, it's like dudes up 24/7 just hitting F5 on eastbay or something....i coulda sworn they popped up within a 30 minute time-frame while i was browsing, when i added to cart, all out of stock! lol beasts!

As far as I know, they were never available to put in cart.  If anyone has any info to the contrary (specifically EASTBAY REP) please shed some light.  My guess is they are up in anticipation of early week release/drop/whatever you call it.  I would be exceptionally shocked if they had them and they are gone this fast. Anything is possible.  If more colors start popping up, I will definitely be eating my words from last week.  Hope I was very wrong.

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

The way these and Balega socks are built are different though. Apples and Oranges!

Yes - It depends on the person. I prefer the Balega Hidden Comfort. I'm not a sock snob (well didn't think I was until now
wink.gif
), but saw these on sale and bought a bunch of them. I prefer them any day over Nike/Asics/Adidas socks. I can see people dropping retail for the Nike Elite socks, but $40-$60 for a pair? My buddy bought a whole bunch at retail and was making 500% profit selling these to guys willing to pay that much...so I guess he's the smart one. I should have thought about doing that when i had the chance. 

Originally Posted by mogzz04

eek.gif
smh.gif
Originally Posted by DatRealBalla12

EASTBAY REP- Whats going on ?? 
mad.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
The Elite Basketball Crew Socks have not released yet and are not sold out, I am not sure why we have them up on the website already,
eyes.gif
but our expected delivery date is still 4/27/10. All of the colors we are expecting are listed below.

3693601 -VARSITY RED/WHITE SIZE 8-12      
         3693441 -ROYAL BLUE/WHITE SIZE 8-12      
         3693401 -MIDNIGHT NAVY/WHITE SIZE 8-12       

3693087 -BLACK/DEEP ORANGE/SILVER SIZE 8-12      
         3694601 -VARSITY RED/WHITE SIZE 12-15      
         3694441 -ROYAL BLUE/WHITE SIZE 12-15       
         3694401 -MIDNIGHT NAVY/WHITE SIZE 12-15      
         3694180 -WHITE/DEEP ORANGE/SILVER SIZE 12-15      
         3694087 -BLACK/DEEP ORANGE/SILVER SIZE 12-15

Do keep in mind, all expecting dates are subject to change.

We are sorry for any confusion.

EastbayRep - Paul

Originally Posted by usctrojan00

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

The way these and Balega socks are built are different though. Apples and Oranges!

Yes - It depends on the person. I prefer the Balega Hidden Comfort. I'm not a sock snob (well didn't think I was until now
wink.gif
), but saw these on sale and bought a bunch of them. I prefer them any day over Nike/Asics/Adidas socks. I can see people dropping retail for the Nike Elite socks, but $40-$60 for a pair? My buddy bought a whole bunch at retail and was making 500% profit selling these to guys willing to pay that much...so I guess he's the smart one. I should have thought about doing that when i had the chance. 
Yeah for sure. I like Balega and Feetures for my normal everyday wear but I like something a little different when i'm playing ball. I wish more people understood HOW serious socks are. 10+ dollars is well worth it IMO. I just got my first pair of Injinji Toe socks and I LOVE THEM.

I hate how EastbayRep keeps saying "all dates are subject to change". Like, I know you're letting us know that it isn't you guys fault, but I feel like i'm going to be sad whenever I read that.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Just curious but has anyone ever tired on those Attack Athletic socks, they have them on Eastbay too.

hvxngm.png

can't have everyone wearing these elite socks... gotta keep it exclusive...

if not, the value will go down.

please don't stock em too many. sellout is not a good look.

and yes i have 3 pairs of black. and whites dont look as good.

^lol I know it looks a little like webbed feet. I was just reading on how it decreases fatigue and helps you perform.

hopefully, i can catch some when they release. i need the whites, blacks, royals, and reds of these.

Originally Posted by Raymo24TX

Just curious but has anyone ever tired on those Attack Athletic socks, they have them on Eastbay too.

hvxngm.png

In the post above I said I just got them and loved them. They feel incredible.

Originally Posted by HANNSUM

can't have everyone wearing these elite socks... gotta keep it exclusive...

if not, the value will go down.

please don't stock em too many. sellout is not a good look.

and yes i have 3 pairs of black. and whites dont look as good.
gotta keep it exclusive??...... the value will go down??
eyes.gif

Back
Top Bottom