What's good with Nike Elite Basketbal Crew socks? (SOCKS FTW!)

Originally Posted by andfattoo

someone had them on ebay for 45 plus shipping and people ate them up.

eek.gif
 For a pair? Got a pair of NDS Black Crew socks for sale 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by retro23phan

i have 5 pairs. i instantly bought them once i heard of them in the kobe v thread. its alright. i will stick to fivefingers with no socks.

HUH?

people are insane to pay 45 bucks for a pair of socks...just double sock it or something..i rather spend the 50 bucks on a some kicks. then again people can do what ever they want with their money...even at 12 bucks a pair makes me hesitant, but i am curious so i might pick one up, given i already have a more than enough nba socks to wear, which i love.

Originally Posted by Billy Hoyle

do they make ankle sock ones? i dont like long socks at all

Not the basketball specific ones, but you can get the running elite socks that have similar features but not the same benefits. The quarter is the lowest you will find.

NBA socks used to be my favorite, but I even prefer Under Armour over them now. They're too thick and don't breath well enough for me.

Originally Posted by blackcat23mj

people are insane to pay 45 bucks for a pair of socks...just double sock it or something..i rather spend the 50 bucks on a some kicks. then again people can do what ever they want with their money...even at 12 bucks a pair makes me hesitant, but i am curious so i might pick one up, given i already have a more than enough nba socks to wear, which i love.
i gotta admit, i may pay that much for a pair, they are hard to come by, especially the colored ones.  Plus i dont think Nike is gonna make anymore after taking to NDC reps.  They could be wrong, but at time goes on, there are gonna be less to cop and they will be more expensive on the bay.  Some people have copped them for more than 60 once or twice before.

mister where can i get some quarters elites for 7.99 at?

A sports store called Academy in Texas.

So you think I should stock up on them at that price?

I've been thinking about it but I had got them even cheaper at the Nike Outlet.. I think like 5.99 but they were the earlier model Basketball Elite socks...they didnt have any stripes on them but they are the same sock.

They don't do no-show socks? I'm good.

I absolutley HATE when my socks show.

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

mister where can i get some quarters elites for 7.99 at?

A sports store called Academy in Texas.

So you think I should stock up on them at that price?

I've been thinking about it but I had got them even cheaper at the Nike Outlet.. I think like 5.99 but they were the earlier model Basketball Elite socks...they didnt have any stripes on them but they are the same sock.
i think thats a decent price since nba socks with discount runs about that much which is the most ill pay so long as they are comfy and my dont come out of day of bball with blisters on my feet...i just need blister protection and cushion because my normal socks get all stiff and hard after a few washes and it causes blisters after hours of bball.  nba socks are wonderful...i might just try some elites

anyways back to you, i think you should if you need socks, i prefer NO stripes over the stripes...i think the stripes makes them look weird, but i guess if you are paying 12 bucks or in some cases 45-60 bucks you should have designs or something to make up for its price right? haha thats my justification, if it was a plain old solid colored sock i would never pay that much...thats why i like the nba logo (i justify it that way, plus for the plush cushioning)

before i would never imagine paying more than 4 bucks for a pair of socks (even then i was on the fence) and once i tried out the nba socks i bought about a 10 days worth of socks for bball, so i can wash and use within a good week worth of laundry.

Originally Posted by shaft

You JJ Redick? I could never play in no show socks, they'd slide off and my ankles and achilles would get cut up depending on the shoe.

I dont know how you do most Basketball shoes with no shows...maybe the Kobe V.....Basically the cut of the quarter Elite socks is a little lower then this

on-court-kobe-bryant-vs-lebron-james-1.jpg

bak^^

they have the stripe on the back
the quarters is just one stripe not the dots or whatever

Originally Posted by shabooyah1124

You JJ Redick? I could never play in no show socks, they'd slide off and my ankles and achilles would get cut up depending on the shoe.
For real. How people can play in no show socks for basketball is beyond me.

Back
Top Bottom