What's good with Nike Elite Basketbal Crew socks? (SOCKS FTW!)

I placed on order on stance.com for 4 pairs on the 20th, and I haven't heard a peep yet after the initial order confirmation.  It's been 6 full business days plus a partial business day, and nothing.  Order still says "processing or in process".  They haven't responded to my email. I've tried calling twice, and after being on hold for 10 min, I hang up because I'm at work during their business hours and can't spent the time.  Anyone order from them before?  Wtf is going on.  CC hasn't been charged yet.
my order finally shipped.. 12 days later.  unfathomably slow in this day and age.

Took my stance order two weeks to arrive, with 2 day shipping. Hella slow. And they were out of stock of one pair that clearly showed stock when I purchased it. They seem like a second rate company to me after this.

Do they seriously not make regular-old Elite socks anymore? All I see on the website are Versatility and Hyper-Elite, which both have that stupid padding and articulation which just kinda gets in the way IMO. 

I could still probably find them at literally any store though, right? 

Pretty sure the entire elite line (regular and hyper) is no longer being made. They've moved on to the versatility. A month ago Nike had 0 hyper elite for sale, but a few elites. Anything from here on out is old stock. They're still plentiful in places like *d I c k s, but eventually will be pretty much gone.

Last edited:
Do you wash your socks inside out or in? Just picked up a bunch of Elite Versatility socks and want to make sure I maintain them well.

I wash mine normally then turn them inside out to hang dry.  I don't play as often now, so sometimes I'll just throw them in the dryer.  I feel like washing inside out increases the chances of threads getting caught and pulled.

OG Elites are legendary status in my book.  I have a few new pairs on ice, but I might have to start stocking up on all of those pairs I see at Ross.  Still the best overall value in terms of cost, durability, performance and availability.  I have a pair of Stance NBA socks which are amazing, but the performance doesn't justify the retail cost.

Any sales on NBA Stance socks?
Fanatics has a 25% off $40+ for one more day -- a combo 2-3 pairs will put you above that with a decent discount. They have crews/quarters, team specific and other special edition ones. I know there are some other deals out there but can't remember at the moment

http://www.fanatics.com/Mens/search/stance_socks
Did you have issues ordering from them? It took about 3 weeks to get my socks. I had to contact CS and they upgraded my shipping to 2nd day.  lol

Did you have issues ordering from them? It took about 3 weeks to get my socks. I had to contact CS and they upgraded my shipping to 2nd day.  lol
Wow... 

I think I've ordered 1 pair from them before and it wasn't terrible - maybe a few days to a week?

Fanatics has a 25% off $40+ for one more day -- a combo 2-3 pairs will put you above that with a decent discount. They have crews/quarters, team specific and other special edition ones. I know there are some other deals out there but can't remember at the moment

I had the same issue.  A full week passed and i didnt get my shipping confirmation so I had to contact them. Worst customer service system ever.
sick.gif

The god damn order number is like 20 digits long, the rep can never hear it correctly. I tried to chat with them instead, but that option is only available  ONCE a week. It stated it was available on Wed, so i tried it on Wed but then the availability changed to Tue
sick.gif
 lolzz. Essentially, the chat option is not available at all.

When i finally got to a rep though, they were really nice, expedited my shipping to next day as well and they also gave me some credit to spend at the store. So I guess i cant be too upset lol

I had the same issue.  A full week passed and i didnt get my shipping confirmation so I had to contact them. Worst customer service system ever.
sick.gif

The god damn order number is like 20 digits long, the rep can never hear it correctly. I tried to chat with them instead, but that option is only available  ONCE a week. It stated it was available on Wed, so i tried it on Wed but then the availability changed to Tue
sick.gif
 lolzz. Essentially, the chat option is not available at all.

When i finally got to a rep though, they were really nice, expedited my shipping to next day as well and they also gave me some credit to spend at the store. So I guess i cant be too upset lol
ROTFL..i noticed the chat thing too! I found their Twitter support is the best way to contact them. They respond back pretty fast. 

Last edited:
^agreed on hang-drying them. The way to go if you want to get the most life out of them

I do forget though when I'm throwing a full load in... so mine just get dried normally from time to time. I typically dry inside out but for me this mainly helps keep lint from getting stuck on the bottoms

Took my stance order two weeks to arrive, with 2 day shipping. Hella slow. And they were out of stock of one pair that clearly showed stock when I purchased it. They seem like a second rate company to me after this.

See my experience above.  Doesn't seem like stance.com is much better :D  In fact, my stance order was JUST charged to my card today, November 15... nearly 2 weeks after I received my order... which took 2 weeks to arrive in the first place.    

I've ordered socks directly from Stance.com multiple times and I've never had a problem... their NBA on court line is better than any Nike performance sock I've ever hooped in. And they last longer... I'd definitely make the switch if you haven't already.

See my experience above.  Doesn't seem like stance.com is much better :D  In fact, my stance order was JUST charged to my card today, November 15... nearly 2 weeks after I received my order... which took 2 weeks to arrive in the first place.    
Idiot me just realized I got the wrong store. Moneylicious and I were talking about FansEdge. Iks Mod posted a coupon for Fanatics. My bad!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom