What's good with Nike Elite Basketbal Crew socks? (SOCKS FTW!)

Originally Posted by aFamous

Originally Posted by theone218

I asked a footlocker employee if the elite socks were part of the buy 1 get 1 half off 

he said no and then proceeded to ask me why I wanted those socks anyways and that NBA socks were better and that I was only paying for the name

made me feel bad for spending 12$ for a pair of socks 
ohwell.gif

He doesn't know %!$*. Most FL don't know about their product that much. When I say most I say 88%.
Seriously. NBA Elite socks are probably the best out there right now. Nike is a HUGE name for a reason, they don't put out crappy stuff. Well, 90% of the time.

Originally Posted by mahfan12

I asked a footlocker employee if the elite socks were part of the buy 1 get 1 half off 

he said no and then proceeded to ask me why I wanted those socks anyways and that NBA socks were better and that I was only paying for the name

ohwell.gif

He doesn't know %!$*. Most FL don't know about their product that much. When I say most I say 88%.
Seriously. NBA Elite socks are probably the best out there right now. Nike is a HUGE name for a reason, they don't put out crappy stuff. Well, 90% of the time.

Not sure which socks you're talking about broham...there are NBA socks...and there are Nike ELITE socks. Two totally different socks.

Originally Posted by jdub562

Check your local Marshall's. They have crew elites for $2.99, black & white sizes 6-8, 8-12, & the next big size.

Are they the elites or the essentials?? The essentials crews have made there way there in the last week or two

ohwell.gif

ehh.. iunno man. i played in my nike elites a few days ago and they were ok to ball in. i'm not sure if i'd buy more pairs.

I can't really tell the difference between Hyperelites and regular Nike socks. I only have them because they were on discount or I needed them to reach $100 to use a coupon.

Anybody ever wear Thorlos? I'm interested in buying a pair, but I wanna see how they compare to the elites.

I rock elites with thorlos on top. I found that the thorlos slip around a lot if it's just against your skin, but the elites aren't cushioned enough for me but fit to my foot well. It's a perfect combination for me

Originally Posted by ShadyKay NT

Not sure which socks you're talking about broham...there are NBA socks...and there are Nike ELITE socks. Two totally different socks.

Didn't even realize I wrote NBA Elite, but I MEANT Nike Elite socks. MAH BAD.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

anyone ever balled with NBA game worn socks? like from an actual NBA team? its like night and day between the store bought crap with the nba logo

Originally Posted by bns1201

anyone ever balled with NBA game worn socks? like from an actual NBA team? its like night and day between the store bought crap with the nba logo

Yea, I have had quite a few pairs of NBA game socks from different years, and I have some  D League game socks

The NBA socks I have had were made by Champion in the mid 90's. Cotton, not the acrylic blend that you buy in the stores and at least twice as thick and soft.  The D league socks are for bare feet but they are the game version. I have 3 pairs of high quarters and 2 pairs of crews. Same thing very thick and soft. These are direct from the locker rooms.

Here is a tip- The closest readily available socks that are most like NBA game socks that I have found are Wigwam King Cotton

you know what i was always puzzled about? how kids rock 2 pairs or even 3 pairs of socks at one time. im pretty sure not all elites, but does that mean these kids are wearing shoes a little to big for them and do that? because i wear a true to size 10. and i could never wear 2 pairs because it would just be too cramped!

I want some no show or low cut elites.

I have the kobe's and those are nice but I fee ridiculous wearing kobe socks with jordan kicks.

Is it just me or do jordan socks wear thin really quickly.

yesterday i copped some of those regular nike dri fit basketball socks at marshalls.... 3.99 i got both black and white lol gonna wear em in my game tonight an see how that goes lol

Originally Posted by tdrizzle

I want some no show or low cut elites.

I have the kobe's and those are nice but I fee ridiculous wearing kobe socks with jordan kicks.

Is it just me or do jordan socks wear thin really quickly.
Jordan socks wear sorta quick, but nothign like under armour socks

Originally Posted by just another pair

you know what i was always puzzled about? how kids rock 2 pairs or even 3 pairs of socks at one time. im pretty sure not all elites, but does that mean these kids are wearing shoes a little to big for them and do that? because i wear a true to size 10. and i could never wear 2 pairs because it would just be too cramped!
I get basketball shoes a half size bigger so my toes dont hurt when im on the court. Double socks sometimes if the the extra half size makes the shoe feel roomy. I feel as if I dont have to double sock with Nike Elite socks.

has anyone seen the site that had the usa socks (not sure if they were elite, but from the pics they came in a box) for like $6.00 with free shipping if you spend 120+ on a shoe? i cant think of the site, but i remember seeing a sz. 11 kobe 3d for 190. let me know if you came across that site.
edit: nvm it was kicks-lab

i always double/triple up on socks when i ball/workout, i a lot of college/professional ballers do it too.

Originally Posted by just another pair

I wear 2 pairs cus I have slimmer feet. It helps fill out the shoe

Originally Posted by EuGeNiLe GTS

i wish i can double up on socks, my gigantic wide feet prevents me from doing that ha

THIS!! Haha. I have wide feet too and can't do double sox cuz it gets real cramped. I did find those basketball sox too from marshalls. Mine were 2.99. I bought every pair (5). Theyree real comfortable and I like the fit. They're a lil too thin tho. Starting to like thicker socks for cushioning!!!

Originally Posted by 555fresh

Originally Posted by EuGeNiLe GTS

i wish i can double up on socks, my gigantic wide feet prevents me from doing that ha

THIS!! Haha. I have wide feet too and can't do double sox cuz it gets real cramped. I did find those basketball sox too from marshalls. Mine were 2.99. I bought every pair (5). Theyree real comfortable and I like the fit. They're a lil too thin tho. Starting to like thicker socks for cushioning!!!
were the ones at marshals the quarter highs?

Back
Top Bottom