What's good with Nike Elite Basketbal Crew socks? (SOCKS FTW!)

i really don't get the hype on these socks.... can anyone clue me in on why people are going crazy because of them?? i have a pair and don't really like playing ball in them at all... they slip and aren't that thick or comfortable...

the cheap socks i get my mom to buy for me seem way better..

Originally Posted by CatchnTDs

What are 2-layered elites? Are they different from these? Are the 2 layer elites only at outlets? Sorry for the confusion but im mad confused
http://www.eastbay.com/pr...EARCH#sku=4599001&size=L

Here is your comparison:
(NOTE that the Performance Football Crews are a size medium and the Vapor Football Crews are a size large)

85136de56ef8ef892e20194d554834bdf9711b61_r.jpg

The Vapor Crews, on the left, have extra rear ankle padding that resembles circular bubble wrap.  The Vapor Crews are not really double layered the whole sock, just at the very top.  It is like another top of a sock was cut off and sewn inside the first sock.  The Vapor Crews also have two flaps that fold down as opposed to one on the Performance Crews.

e68368e1630cec6d2b321c8556d637b93e5ec2b5_r.jpg

This picture shows the double fold of the Vapor Crew.
1b216a69e5281c5b3a333250abadfe2f6a70ae17_r.jpg

Here is a photo of the front of both of them.

Does that clear up your confusion?

Originally Posted by Bryscooplaygrifhold

Originally Posted by hih8r

any one know if the orange/gray elite socks match the big bangs and does anyone know where i can get a pair for retail cause the stores around me are all out of stock
Wouldn't say a perfect match, but decent.  Probably a little closer match to the galaxy KD4s.

On another note, I surprisingly stumbled upon blue/grey platinum elites, orange/white, grey/cyber, grey/blacks, and white/royals at my local Richard's this evening.  Also had white/blacks in 3y-5y which I had never seen before.  I had pretty much given up on my local Richard's, but alas, they finally had something other then white/blacks, and black/reds, navy/whites.

Also had some of the new Nike NFL Packers stuff which was pretty nice.  I am holding out for some of the Packer training fly shorts ---with pockets....
pimp.gif
ight if i can find them for retail then i would cop but i havent found any luck lately

this might be already asked but what color combination of elite socks match each of the asg shoes. like the kd's, the kobes and the lebrons. trying to find different socks and see if someone who owns one of them could show on feet pics which the socks and shoes. Thanks!

Originally Posted by Degenerate423

Originally Posted by footballrunner11

Anyone know what the deal is with the "Out of Stock" colors of the Elites on NDC? I'm particularly interested in the Blue/Orange ones. Also, any ideas when Nike's going to rerelease the Performance football socks (http://www.eastbay.com/pr...eds-_-Froogle-_-null)???
I haven't been keeping up with the socks, but Nike probably hasn't released them yet.  Happened with the Navy/Red and Green/Yellow Elites as well. NDC had them up as "Out Of Stock" initially, then released them later on...

As for the football Elites, I think they're supposed to release sometime this month on Eastbay.  Maybe someone or the Eastbay Rep can confirm?
nerd.gif

The 2-Layer socks don't look half bad, good looking out MikeyMan on the info
pimp.gif
.  Might pick up a pair...
The football elite socks you are asking about are the Nike Vapor Football Crew socks.  We currently have two colorways available on our website in a large size, which you can see by visiting the following link:  http://bit.ly/HouJKG

As the year goes by, we will be receiving more sizes and different colorways in, so you may want to bookmark the above link to make keeping an eye on our selection of Nike Vapor Football Crew socks easy.

EastbayRep - Ray

Just left Nike-Dallas. They were putting out some new colors of elites.

Navy/yellow

Dark grey/teal

VA Tech Burgundy/orange

OKC Thunder blue/orange

Both colors of BCA

Blk/white 2 layer elites.

All size L.

Be on the lookout...

question for bay area NTers - where can i find some Elite Basketball Crews in size M? i wear a size 7, and most of the places i've gone to (footlocker/champs/sports authority) have nothing smaller than size L. i've bought some online, but would rather buy them in person so i can wear them faster.

any help would be great. thanks!

Originally Posted by gameovertripleh

question for bay area NTers - where can i find some Elite Basketball Crews in size M? i wear a size 7, and most of the places i've gone to (footlocker/champs/sports authority) have nothing smaller than size L. i've bought some online, but would rather buy them in person so i can wear them faster.

any help would be great. thanks!

i would assume HOH at serramonte....

i would also check champ's at stoneridge (pleasanton, ca) b/c the last time i was there (last week), they had an entire fixture with elite socks.

got a couple pairs. If anyone has a ds green/yellow oregon pair let me know. I'm looking to trade a pair..

Originally Posted by cutthroat

Originally Posted by CatchnTDs

What are 2-layered elites? Are they different from these? Are the 2 layer elites only at outlets? Sorry for the confusion but im mad confused
http://www.eastbay.com/pr...EARCH#sku=4599001&size=L

Here is your comparison:
(NOTE that the Performance Football Crews are a size medium and the Vapor Football Crews are a size large)

85136de56ef8ef892e20194d554834bdf9711b61_r.jpg

The Vapor Crews, on the left, have extra rear ankle padding that resembles circular bubble wrap.  The Vapor Crews are not really double layered the whole sock, just at the very top.  It is like another top of a sock was cut off and sewn inside the first sock.  The Vapor Crews also have two flaps that fold down as opposed to one on the Performance Crews.

e68368e1630cec6d2b321c8556d637b93e5ec2b5_r.jpg

This picture shows the double fold of the Vapor Crew.
1b216a69e5281c5b3a333250abadfe2f6a70ae17_r.jpg

Here is a photo of the front of both of them.

Does that clear up your confusion?
Yes. Thank you

So do these current elite Basketball socks on Eastbay and NDC fit the same?

I wear size 10-10.5 so I would need Large, sz. 8-12 correct?

Thanks

Originally Posted by CscottJMP

So do these current elite Basketball socks on Eastbay and NDC fit the same?

I wear size 10-10.5 so I would need Large, sz. 8-12 correct?

Thanks
Yea thats your right size, I wear the same size shoe and all my elite socks are large

can anyone post on feet pics with the elite socks and one of the all star shoes with them (lebron, kobe, or kd) trying to get some ideas on wat socks to get

Originally Posted by you right

got a couple pairs. If anyone has a ds green/yellow oregon pair let me know. I'm looking to trade a pair..
Are the socks on the right Black/Green or Black/Teal?  Sorry I cant tell with the lighting.

Back
Top Bottom