What's good with Nike Elite Basketbal Crew socks? (SOCKS FTW!)

You s

You should be fine, they aren't that high.  But you might want to size down in them if you don't like them.  I got some from friend that works at Stance, and I actually prefered the smaller size than what was meant for my foot, it hugged everything a little tighter.  Gonna play in them in a rec league game tonight and see how they perform, cause playing pick up so far they don't seem worth the price tag.  Nothing wrong with em, but 22 is a lot to pay for a pair of socks.
Thanks for your thoughts. I'll have to wait n see if large feels good.  I already ordered them and only L and XL were available.  so ...yeah.  I used some fan cash so it was $$12 roughly.  for $22 not sure if its even worth it to look for a smaller size. 

pics? 
nerd.gif
These are the ones I picked up at Marshall's last week... they're the 99% poly's with the black toe that Nike uses for digital ink socks.
smh nike stay cuttin corners

i know people buy the digi ink socks to rock not hoop in but still man, that much polyester in a sock is terrible for sports

^Checking ny sock drawer. I have 2 pairs of those blank digi-ink pairs. In hand compared to a true elite sock you can feel a difference and imo these blanks look larger too.

i know people buy the digi ink socks to rock not hoop in but still man, that much polyester in a sock is terrible for sports
there's actually a reason for it though. These ones you find blank are probably weird pairs that slipped through the cracks, but the reason they are 99% polyester is because polyester is the material used to dye the socks. The higher the polyester count, the more the ink "sticks" meaning the better the color is. 

That's why I cop these whenever I see them out cause the colors on them are crazy compared to normal elites

^repped for the heads up on the promo -- I've been meaning to try them out for a long time but missed the previous promo.  Just ordered the tennis crews.
let me know how you like them. even after a few washes they're pretty nice. I've been washing inside out like they say but I just hang dry mine. I usually wear two socks when I play ball and found it unnecessary with these. 

here's the promo link if anyone else wants to get a pair for $4.95 shipping, i think it's definitely worth the $5:

https://www.thorlo.com/free-sock-offer/page_home

let me know how you like them. even after a few washes they're pretty nice. I've been washing inside out like they say but I just hang dry mine. I usually wear two socks when I play ball and found it unnecessary with these. 

here's the promo link if anyone else wants to get a pair for $4.95 shipping, i think it's definitely worth the $5:

https://www.thorlo.com/free-sock-offer/page_home
Just got them in, haven't played in them yet, but damn... these things are THICK lol  

I was expecting them to be padded but wow.  Should be great.  The portion of the sock that goes up the ankle does give that 'old man' vibe 
laugh.gif
 doesn't bother me though.  Probably should have gone with the black pair over the white

Fill in the info regarding your activities and it will recommend a pair for you.

I got low cut running socks. I've always loved Thorlos.

^Yep I went with the tennis version -- closest to other cushioned crews worn for bball I thought

there's actually a reason for it though. These ones you find blank are probably weird pairs that slipped through the cracks, but the reason they are 99% polyester is because polyester is the material used to dye the socks. The higher the polyester count, the more the ink "sticks" meaning the better the color is. 

That's why I cop these whenever I see them out cause the colors on them are crazy compared to normal elites
This is true, but I think the regular (non digital ink) pairs are made using a different method, where the sock is created out of colored threads as opposed to made blank then printed on. Have you found the 99%'s in color, or do you print your own colors on them?

I think @lakers29  chatted w/ a Stance rep who said they are not yet avail. in stores
@Mister Friendly

yeah they aren't available in store yet, I checked sport chalet last night, nothing.   The socks are on fanatics website tho,  I ordered last week, slow delivery doesnt arrive until Sat...(when my work building is closed 
eyes.gif
)

Last edited:
I've been seeing more Stance socks at Ross/Marshalls lately. They feel nice but the prints are tacky.

I would buy a pair of they were plain.

They need to get a more subtle logo patch too. It ruins their socks.

This is true, but I think the regular (non digital ink) pairs are made using a different method, where the sock is created out of colored threads as opposed to made blank then printed on. Have you found the 99%'s in color, or do you print your own colors on them?
I print them myself, I honestly think Nike's digital ink socks are really low quality. Which baffles me that such a dominant, high-powered business can't make the socks as well as they should, their colors are super weak

I kno but still, they got enough bread to figure out a way to provide prints without sacrificing performance/quality

I kno but still, they got enough bread to figure out a way to provide prints without sacrificing performance/quality
Mabye... the way they print is using sublimation ink, and like @STLsocks  said earlier, it binds to the polyester. If people are buying these now, they might as well try to keep pushing an all polyester sock that they can jack the price up on.

Back
Top Bottom