What's good with Nike Elite Basketbal Crew socks? (SOCKS FTW!)

Originally Posted by langfor5

This was as of today at the Denver Niketown. All crews. White/navy, white/blue, white/red, white/black, black/white...go ham....

szycky.jpg
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
 i like that "butt" better in the background
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

i may be alone but i like the nba socks way better than these...they seem slippery in my shoes...

^ I know exactly what you mean, is it the dri-fit material that makes them feel slippery? For my tastes NBA socks still edge these out. If they could incorporate the elite's extra achilles cushioning into the NBA line, it would be the ultimate

Originally Posted by bigsupa

The elite no shows are indeed Running socks...but its weird cuz they look n feel exactly like the basketball socks...

Well of anyone else needs info PM me..

i figured that was the case.

The elite no shows are indeed Running socks...but its weird cuz they look n feel exactly like the basketball socks...

Originally Posted by andfattoo

I have both the running and basketball elite socks and I dont think that the running socks do not feel like the basketball socks.

The basketball ones are much more thicker and more fit IMO.

Originally Posted by Insanity Peppers

^ I know exactly what you mean, is it the dri-fit material that makes them feel slippery? For my tastes NBA socks still edge these out. If they could incorporate the elite's extra achilles cushioning into the NBA line, it would be the ultimate
agreed...the achilles cushioning is nice but yes the dri fit poly is what I think makes them feel slippery....washing them a few times helps but they still don't feel as good as the nba ones...

I wear mine all the time...

They feel better than the NBA joints cuz the top of the sock doesn't stretch after a while.

Originally Posted by izzo

agreed...the achilles cushioning is nice but yes the dri fit poly is what I think makes them feel slippery....washing them a few times helps but they still don't feel as good as the nba ones...

"Real" NBA socks have the achilles cushion. Not my pic( from an auction) but these are team issue. You can see the extra cushioning

Oy you can get Thorlos...Plenty of cushioning and not much slippage

Originally Posted by bostonmarc

"Real" NBA socks have the achilles cushion. Not my pic( from an auction) but these are team issue. You can see the extra cushioning

yea i seen a few of these on ebay, nice socks with the extra cushioning. wish they would sell them like that then they would easily be better than the nikes.

Originally Posted by Steve Cash

Originally Posted by bostonmarc

yea i seen a few of these on ebay, nice socks with the extra cushioning. wish they would sell them like that then they would easily be better than the nikes.

Oh wow, I didn't know that. Those would be amazing.  Thanks for the pics!

Here is a few pics of Kobe wearing the "Real" NBA socks. You can see easier because of the low cut sneakers. he wears them inside out alot too.
And off topic a little but I want to find out who makes the socks Lebron wears....Extra thick and lots of achilles cushion

Damn I always knew the stuff that athletes get were a few notches better than what consumers get...

but damn...i feel like im gettin shafted smh.

I wonder if its possible for NBA players to wear Nike socks w/o any logos on em. For all we know maybe Lebron's rockin some elite socks haha

Originally Posted by MoNeyLiCiouS

Damn I always knew the stuff that athletes get were a few notches better than what consumers get...

but damn...i feel like im gettin shafted smh.

I wonder if its possible for NBA players to wear Nike socks w/o any logos on em. For all we know maybe Lebron's rockin some elite socks haha

you can wear any socks you want as long as it doesnt show a logo

I still need to get me a pair of these. How many pairs do these come with if your order of NDC? I see the XL one says one pair so how many do the larges one come with? One pair as well?

Speaking of Player issued stuff, all the NBA guys do wear different NBA socks, all the guys that I see when they come practice at my work have white ones with extra cushion and that part is grey. They are also a lot longer IMO, probably just because most of them have huge feet.

On to the elites though, one of my kids that works out with me made the high school team USA squad, and is at camp right now. I was on facetime with him and I could see all the stuff he got, and then I asked for a pic so I could show all of you guys some of the stuff he got. Hope you enjoy. Yes those are USA elites.
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

Speaking of Player issued stuff, all the NBA guys do wear different NBA socks, all the guys that I see when they come practice at my work have white ones with extra cushion and that part is grey. They are also a lot longer IMO, probably just because most of them have huge feet.

On to the elites though, one of my kids that works out with me made the high school team USA squad, and is at camp right now. I was on facetime with him and I could see all the stuff he got, and then I asked for a pic so I could show all of you guys some of the stuff he got. Hope you enjoy. Yes those are USA elites.
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

Back
Top Bottom