What's it gonna take to see a GR AT1 Chlorophyll retro? (25th anniv. is upon us)

So many people want them yet so few can obtain them. It's a shoe that is seemingly on everyone's top _ _ shoe list.

Did the 2002 limited run curb a dent in demand? What about the 2008 LE run or the 2009 legacy pack/small FSR in the states at one shop. The last true GR, 10 years ago.

Average price now is probably $150-200 range on the 02/08 models and even higher on the 2000 retro. It has that price point just $50-60 bucks too rich for some people who are even fans of the shoe. A $100 dollar retro right now would cause some trouble. You have the molds and shapes. We see two types of deion turf trainers retroed in 2007 in GR fashion and again just years later. Those appear to be on a 2-3 release cycle, just as this Air Trainer High was in '87. Yet in current time, these are ghost status.

I just recently stumbled upon a few photos of a early 1988 production model.. This shoe was literally produced for a full years time, then two years later, another release. Then 3 years later, ANOTHER.. You think the first retro on a pair of Nikes was some '94 jordan Is or IIIs? Nope. More than likely, we saw 4 release cycles before the Jordan '94 retros saw their second. I wouldn't say they were running circles around other shoes or models but the buzz was there.

I see a void in the marketplace and it just eats away at me seeing nothing at Nike being done. This year marks the 25th anniversary of the air trainer high (1) and nothing appears to be happening. Next year, you could roll over that anniversary mark and still call it the 25th, but so far I have still not heard or seen anything. Every time a OG jordan III colorway retros, this one should be right behind it, or in front of. I don't want to get too carried away with these stories. But almost every time I wear the retro out to the gym, I have old timers getting at me or just telling stories and reminiscing about the past. You don't often have 40-45 year olds
eek.gif
over a shoe, yet somehow this one always rises up above, and beyond any jordan reminiscing stories. i feel I could sell a truckload of these at any gym I go to. A GR needs to sweep the nation.

AIR%2BTRAINER%2B1_07.JPG

4.JPG

nice-kicks-madden-11-tournament-nike-trainer-12-release-recap-14.jpg

3zkv3et.jpg

qrhdvn.jpg

28cho2g.jpg

Now Nike is probably saying that since they put this colorway on other models, that's good enough. But there is nothing quite like the above.

Off the top of my head I can think of around 9 models that have used this classic c/w at their disposal:
-zoom trainer 1 and zoom tennis trainer
-mita trainer dunk
-air max 1 tr womens on 2 to 3 models
-air maxim trainer
- 2009 tr1 and 2010 tr1.2

They know it's a classic colorway and have it used on everything but the OG... Everything but the main source model has used this colorway. It's time for this abuse to stop.

Maybe I'm hyping up a shoe that was popular back then but can't sustain that now, but as every month passes and 2000 retros become increasingly hard to wear, I demand a quality highly available retro.

Am I off base here? Should I get a petition going?

So many people want them yet so few can obtain them. It's a shoe that is seemingly on everyone's top _ _ shoe list.

Did the 2002 limited run curb a dent in demand? What about the 2008 LE run or the 2009 legacy pack/small FSR in the states at one shop. The last true GR, 10 years ago.

Average price now is probably $150-200 range on the 02/08 models and even higher on the 2000 retro. It has that price point just $50-60 bucks too rich for some people who are even fans of the shoe. A $100 dollar retro right now would cause some trouble. You have the molds and shapes. We see two types of deion turf trainers retroed in 2007 in GR fashion and again just years later. Those appear to be on a 2-3 release cycle, just as this Air Trainer High was in '87. Yet in current time, these are ghost status.

I just recently stumbled upon a few photos of a early 1988 production model.. This shoe was literally produced for a full years time, then two years later, another release. Then 3 years later, ANOTHER.. You think the first retro on a pair of Nikes was some '94 jordan Is or IIIs? Nope. More than likely, we saw 4 release cycles before the Jordan '94 retros saw their second. I wouldn't say they were running circles around other shoes or models but the buzz was there.

I see a void in the marketplace and it just eats away at me seeing nothing at Nike being done. This year marks the 25th anniversary of the air trainer high (1) and nothing appears to be happening. Next year, you could roll over that anniversary mark and still call it the 25th, but so far I have still not heard or seen anything. Every time a OG jordan III colorway retros, this one should be right behind it, or in front of. I don't want to get too carried away with these stories. But almost every time I wear the retro out to the gym, I have old timers getting at me or just telling stories and reminiscing about the past. You don't often have 40-45 year olds
eek.gif
over a shoe, yet somehow this one always rises up above, and beyond any jordan reminiscing stories. i feel I could sell a truckload of these at any gym I go to. A GR needs to sweep the nation.

AIR%2BTRAINER%2B1_07.JPG

4.JPG

nice-kicks-madden-11-tournament-nike-trainer-12-release-recap-14.jpg

3zkv3et.jpg

qrhdvn.jpg

28cho2g.jpg

Now Nike is probably saying that since they put this colorway on other models, that's good enough. But there is nothing quite like the above.

Off the top of my head I can think of around 9 models that have used this classic c/w at their disposal:
-zoom trainer 1 and zoom tennis trainer
-mita trainer dunk
-air max 1 tr womens on 2 to 3 models
-air maxim trainer
- 2009 tr1 and 2010 tr1.2

They know it's a classic colorway and have it used on everything but the OG... Everything but the main source model has used this colorway. It's time for this abuse to stop.

Maybe I'm hyping up a shoe that was popular back then but can't sustain that now, but as every month passes and 2000 retros become increasingly hard to wear, I demand a quality highly available retro.

Am I off base here? Should I get a petition going?

Quite possibly my favorite NIKE shoe EVER.

If not # 1 overall, definitely top 3.  If it retros anytime soon I will cop 3 pair minimum, most likely 5.  Regret not grabbing early 2000 releases or being able to grab a single LEGACY PACK.  Thank you very little for that one Nike.

I am in on the petition Wally

Quite possibly my favorite NIKE shoe EVER.

If not # 1 overall, definitely top 3.  If it retros anytime soon I will cop 3 pair minimum, most likely 5.  Regret not grabbing early 2000 releases or being able to grab a single LEGACY PACK.  Thank you very little for that one Nike.

I am in on the petition Wally

This is a beautiful shoe. Comfortable too. There are a handful of classics that Nike is holding back on.

This is a beautiful shoe. Comfortable too. There are a handful of classics that Nike is holding back on.

I felt like a personal assistant for awhile helping people find these shoes. Some asking about them for a gift for a friend or others who actually resold them after getting a deal. Maybe it was all centralized around myself but it felt like there could be a true success story here if retroed correctly in large quantities.

Once you've touched the 2000s, even if the 08s, 02s, or 09s are available, you simply don't really want them. At least from my perspective. The common perception from over the years appears to be that the limited releases have done enough to satisfy demand for those that really wanted them. The average consumer may laugh at paying $140 for a shoe of that quality . It always seems like Nike is the middle man here but they could dictate things.. "Hey.. people are dropping $150-250 on these.. With retail at $90 in 2009 (unheard of retail price now), we could increase quality a bit, get them up to par with other shoes, and release at $115." This is possibly the most consistent Nike cross trainer being resold on ebay, with prices constantly hovering around $150. What the heck goes on in these Nike cross training retro meetings? No other shoe has performed to this level.

Then you've got to think of those that would pay a good price for even the mediocre quality pairs. Nike is not making anything on the $150 resell. If they could sucker us in @ $120 on a decent quality pair, everyone wins.

I also believe it has been 5-6 years or longer that an AT1 (in general) has been on NDC or eastbay. It's always been these euro/limited/urban shop releases. So as a whole they have been out there, but this would or could be the one time in the past half decade that these make a splash in the general public realm.

Comfort is definitely there. It's the same full length encapsulated air that the AJ 2011s are branding as 'explosive'

The stars are aligned. It makes all too much sense to me.

I actually sold my 1990 pair to a fellow who may or may not have bought them for his work (nike archives). So maybe they needed a decent pair to try and replicate? One could dream...
laugh.gif

Call me spoiled but I would rather wear nothing than to wear any of the latest releases (02,08,09). I love what I have and feel blessed and lucky but at the end of the day, Im not going to the gym in 2000s because of the glue situation, and won't been seen in the later releases (upper material is just so mediocre), so I'm left asking Nike for a quality gym worthy retro.

I felt like a personal assistant for awhile helping people find these shoes. Some asking about them for a gift for a friend or others who actually resold them after getting a deal. Maybe it was all centralized around myself but it felt like there could be a true success story here if retroed correctly in large quantities.

Once you've touched the 2000s, even if the 08s, 02s, or 09s are available, you simply don't really want them. At least from my perspective. The common perception from over the years appears to be that the limited releases have done enough to satisfy demand for those that really wanted them. The average consumer may laugh at paying $140 for a shoe of that quality . It always seems like Nike is the middle man here but they could dictate things.. "Hey.. people are dropping $150-250 on these.. With retail at $90 in 2009 (unheard of retail price now), we could increase quality a bit, get them up to par with other shoes, and release at $115." This is possibly the most consistent Nike cross trainer being resold on ebay, with prices constantly hovering around $150. What the heck goes on in these Nike cross training retro meetings? No other shoe has performed to this level.

Then you've got to think of those that would pay a good price for even the mediocre quality pairs. Nike is not making anything on the $150 resell. If they could sucker us in @ $120 on a decent quality pair, everyone wins.

I also believe it has been 5-6 years or longer that an AT1 (in general) has been on NDC or eastbay. It's always been these euro/limited/urban shop releases. So as a whole they have been out there, but this would or could be the one time in the past half decade that these make a splash in the general public realm.

Comfort is definitely there. It's the same full length encapsulated air that the AJ 2011s are branding as 'explosive'

The stars are aligned. It makes all too much sense to me.

I actually sold my 1990 pair to a fellow who may or may not have bought them for his work (nike archives). So maybe they needed a decent pair to try and replicate? One could dream...
laugh.gif

Call me spoiled but I would rather wear nothing than to wear any of the latest releases (02,08,09). I love what I have and feel blessed and lucky but at the end of the day, Im not going to the gym in 2000s because of the glue situation, and won't been seen in the later releases (upper material is just so mediocre), so I'm left asking Nike for a quality gym worthy retro.

I've been after a pair of these for a while, missed out on the Legacy pack, and should have just bid a little more to get them. I hope that they drop them next year, but you know they're just going to Max out since it's the AM1 25th Anniversary too.

I've been after a pair of these for a while, missed out on the Legacy pack, and should have just bid a little more to get them. I hope that they drop them next year, but you know they're just going to Max out since it's the AM1 25th Anniversary too.

agreed. thanks for helping me get my pair of 2009s, Wally. appreciated.
smokin.gif

these or the Zoom Tennis Trainers always get attention from the old guys at the gym.

agreed. thanks for helping me get my pair of 2009s, Wally. appreciated.
smokin.gif

these or the Zoom Tennis Trainers always get attention from the old guys at the gym.

That pair from nicekicks is just beautiful. Where the heck did they find those in such pristine condition. I actually owned a DS pair from 1993/94 but with red accents and i tell you it would make you want to sell all your 2000 retros. Too bad they weren't wearable.

That pair from nicekicks is just beautiful. Where the heck did they find those in such pristine condition. I actually owned a DS pair from 1993/94 but with red accents and i tell you it would make you want to sell all your 2000 retros. Too bad they weren't wearable.

$140 is way too high for this, $100 - $110 would see very well.

kinda upset i passed on these, i had a couple of legacy packs and still sold them all :/

wouldnt mind a nice retro
pimp.gif

$140 is way too high for this, $100 - $110 would see very well.

kinda upset i passed on these, i had a couple of legacy packs and still sold them all :/

wouldnt mind a nice retro
pimp.gif

Shockingly enough, I've never had a pair of these. Would welcome the release.

Shockingly enough, I've never had a pair of these. Would welcome the release.

I hate to be a Debbie Downer, but as much as I'd love to have a decent quality retro of this shoe its never gonna happen. Not as a GR at least.

Looking at those pics you posted, I just gotta smh at how many corners Nike cuts nowadays. My 2008, as you mentioned, do not even come
close to the quality of those. I'd gladly pay $150+ for retros with that quality. It blows my mind when I read comments on various sneaker sites,
where kids make excuses for Nike not using quality materials on their retro shoes. Bottom line is it doesn't make financial sense for them to
produce better quality retros. The average consumer(young kids) care more about the toebox not creasing...

Back
Top Bottom