What's Naperville, IL like?

Will probably be moving out to Naperville, Illinois this summer. Based on what I've read on the web, it sounds like a pretty decent place to live. Just wanted to hear first hand from people that live there what it's like. What's the shopping situation like? Crime rates? Safety? Things to do? Overall, do you like living in Naperville?

did u really have to make 3 posts tho
ohwell.gif

ive never been out there..but heard good things. like its one of the fastest growing burbs in the nation. crime and safety? i think youll be straight out there

Sorry for the 3 posts, something happened to my computer. Checked the post, and there were three of them.

My bad, dude, no need to get pissed off. Sorry my computer isn't as straight as yours.

laugh.gif

im jus joshin'

i think koreaj23 is from naperville...feel free to pm that punk ..where u at jae!?

I just got back from there yesterday. I go there about every month. Theres always things goin on. Theres a outlet mall. They got some jordan stuff. Anothermall in Naperville. Theyve got alot of j stuff too. The crime rate is pretty bad there from what i heard. Im from Waterloo, IA. Im gonna move out there soonhopefully. Just gotta watch where you go and youll be cool. The people are way cool out there.

Originally Posted by Judder14

The crime rate is pretty bad there from what i heard. Im from Waterloo, IA. Just gotta watch where you go and youll be cool.
That's interesting, cuz I've heard the complete opposite. That Naperville is extremely safe. Aurora is the one that I hear where crime isbad. I saw on Wikipedia they were comparing the crime rates of Aurora to Chicago and Naperville. Aurora itself was comparable in crimes with Chicago, withNaperville showing significantly lower rates. I saw the Nike outlet when I was there for my interview. Right off the highway.

im from aurora,il right next to naperville, they got alot of rich people lol and those malls that that guys refering to are all in aurora

Naperville is pretty nice. I got family very close to Naperville. Just like Chicago, Aurora has its good and bad parts. I have fam in Aurora that stay in a lilsmall gated community similar to the joint that was on the Next Friday. When they tore the projects down in the Chi most of the cats got moved out to theburbs. Anyway, there is the outlet mall in Aurora which has pretty much everything, but it's a hit or miss with the Nike store. I think you would honestlylike Naperville. Good luck.

I live in wheaton which is the suburb right next to naperville and have spent a lot of time there, crime rate is not high at all and its a very safe place tolive. Its an affluent city with a great downtown with a bunch goin on. I've lived here my whole life... 20 years or so and I love it so im sure you willhave a good time... 5 malls within 20 minutes of where i live so sneakers are never too far away

im in bolingbrook which is 10 minutes from naperville. its just like most subrubs quiet and lame lol!!not a lot of crime, outlet is in aurora, they have a fewstrip malls, good resturants in downtown naperville( if you like mexican go to front street....yummy lol) its a cool place to live, im a hood cat so moving outtht way has mellowed me out....kinda, and yea jae where you at famo!!!!

Went to college for 4 years (North Central) and lived there for a year after...plan on moving back in the next year or two.

I don't think there's a better 'burb to live in, overall. It is kind of expensive if you're looking to buy a place. You really can't beatthe bar scene for a suburb (spring/summer in downtown Naperville is a good spot). Fox Valley Mall (Aurora), Premium Outlet (Aurora), Oak Brook Mall are allclose...40 min Metra ride to downtown Chicago.

Schools are top notch, low crime rate.

I don't know what else to say. If you've got any more questions, let me know.

went to NIU. Spent a lot of time in Naperville. Nike Outlet nearby, Fox Valley Mall gets all the Jordans, finest girls in the area.

Nice area... but with growth comes idiots so of course there's crime in every city but Naperville is pretty chill good place for a Family.

^FYI yuppy stands for "young urban professional". I don't know who lives in Naperville as I've never actually been there but I know yuppiesdon't. Yuppies are more Lincoln Park, South Loop, Gold Coast, etc. in condos/townhouses/apts. in the city... not in Naperville.

Originally Posted by ebayologist

^FYI yuppy stands for "young urban professional". I don't know who lives in Naperville as I've never actually been there but I know yuppies don't. Yuppies are more Lincoln Park, South Loop, Gold Coast, etc. in condos/townhouses/apts. in the city... not in Naperville.
trust me...i been there. naperville is gay...you never been there so how would you now what its like..its a nice place to live as long as you whiteand love ambercrombie fitch..feel me?

^Oh I feel you. I can only imagine the bulk of the people that live there.
laugh.gif
But they're not yuppies... Naperville isn't urban yuppies by definitionlive urban places. I can fathom the kind of people who in large make up the population of Naperville, and I understand your distaste for them, but yuppies theyare not...

its just another suburb around chicago but not a grimmey one thats for sure. only suburbs that i know to stay away from are Cicero, which is not much of a burbstill feels like the city, Elgin, Waukegan, and some of the park areas ex. franklin park, elmwood park, forest park. you are kind of far from all those thoughso should be all good. And for those talking about this golden corral i been hearing about it and need to hit it up someday sounds fire.

Back
Top Bottom