What's social media's obsession with Odell Beckham Jr.? Vol. Why they hating on baby pa?

We play a lot of slot and with Jehrico coming off the books this year we need another sure hand slot guy. But of course we wouldn't break the bank for him at all. And yes a legit DE is needed, it's starting to show late these last 5 games.

Jerricho is a good blocker and IMO ya'll run three wide for THAT reason. Just to have him out there to open up lanes with his blocking. Cam needs that, the other guys need that.

It's not because Cotchery is out there making catcheries. :lol:

Cruz isn't well-suited for that role. It would be ill-advised to sign him. Honestly wouldn't be shocked to see Cotchery back on a 1 year deal. He is a role player and plays it well.

Last edited:
Nevermind NT for a second...his own colleagues seem to be targeting him with certain choice words. 

It isn't just "social media".

you are right about it coming from fellow players... but where do they get it from? Social Media. These guys are on the sites just like other folks are. They see memes, vines, videos just like we do. And alot of them are still young and immature. Of course they will use that material to "trash talk"...

I would think they're a little more plugged in than the average joe. Probably getting info from more sources than just social media. You gotta remember, these guys STILL have a lot of connections within the league. That goes for current players, front office execs, etc.

for that to be true tho there actually has to be something there to know...

maybe a few years ago I could see a scenario where NFL players knew the nitty gritty but the public didnt but for someone as high profile as OBJ who blew up extremely fast I dont see this being privileged material for the times we are currently in.

We play a lot of slot and with Jehrico coming off the books this year we need another sure hand slot guy. But of course we wouldn't break the bank for him at all. And yes a legit DE is needed, it's starting to show late these last 5 games.

Jerricho is a good blocker and IMO ya'll run three wide a lot for THAT reason. Just to have him out there to open up lanes with his blocking. Cam needs that, the other guys need that.

It's not because Cotchery is out there making catcheries. :lol:
I hear you on blocking and it's true, but cotchery has been crazy clutch for this team, extending drives with his hands. He has been big time. Between cruz and teddy in slot I would be very happy with that duo sharing time.

Last edited:
I hear you on blocking and it's true, but cotchery has been crazy clutch for this team, extending drives with his hands. He has be big time. Between cruz and teddy in slot I would be very happy with that duo sharing time.

Really ya'll need to get younger on the secondary.

Roman Harper isn't exactly a pup, nor is Peanut Tillman.

Been a great unit this year. But you've got to get some young blood in there. DE isn't the only concern for ya'll.

for that to be true tho there actually has to be something there to know...

maybe a few years ago I could see a scenario where NFL players knew the nitty gritty but the public didnt but for someone as high profile as OBJ who blew up extremely fast I dont see this being privileged material for the times we are currently in.
Social media has made these types of things a little more transparent but you can't honestly believe that there is full transparency. When the Jason Collins news broke, you had a ton of NBA players say that they weren't surprised and guys know about more players than just him.

There is still a ton of **** that goes on that the general public isn't made aware of.

Last edited:
Oh those two old fools are gone too no doubt. Hopefully Tre Boston has learned from them so he can step up and play along with Coleman.

Jared Allen
Harper
Peanut
Charles Johnson
Cotchery
Edwards

If Tolbert don't tighten up

Are all gone this offseason.

Last edited:
:lol: Oh lawd, ya'll talking like we need Ed Snowden on the case.

At this point it's all conjecture and it shouldn't really matter if he is or isn't.

laugh.gif
Oh lawd, ya'll talking like we need Ed Snowden on the case.

At this point it's all conjecture and it shouldn't really matter if he is or isn't.
You've said the same thing like 5 times now.

We get it. It doesn't matter.

We not even really talking about if he is or isn't at this point but moreso about whether this is some social media created thing or not.

Oh those two old fools are gone too no doubt. Hopefully Tre Boston has learned from them so he can step up and play along with Coleman.

Jared Allen
Harper
Peanut
Charles Johnson
Cotchery
Edwards

Are all gone this offseason.

G'luck to ya'll. I'm not even mad at the Panthers. Cam been my favorite player (along with Smith Sr, Haden, Gronk, Flash Gordon and Beast Mode) that isn't a Giant.

Love the way Greg Olsen carries himself as well. Hell of a ball player right there.

Norman is a great DB but just conducted himself like a complete crybaby ****boy. But hey, I mean I look forward to the next time he squares off with OBJ. No love lost.

I do think ya'll in trouble come NFC Championship time.......Yes I think you guys are going to the NFC Championship.....Against the Cardinals.

R.I.P. :x.....They got the receivers to light up those old legs on ya'll secondary. Norman can't cover everyone.

Last edited:
You've said the same thing like 5 times now.

We get it. It doesn't matter.

We not even really talking about if he is or isn't at this point but moreso about whether this is some social media created thing or not.

Well that's easy...

It was definitely the social media phenomenon before it was an opposing player calling OBJ out his name.

I don't recall players doing this last year. I mean he came in last year and had some scandals going on http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...kie-denies-salacious-claims-article-1.1799692.

So he entered the league with a reputation womanizer.

Where was this all-knowing fraternity then to call him out his name? :lol:

That took him down in your eyes? :lol: Forget that Norman did this to Beckham JR the second play of the game

View media item 1846229

And that Norman supposedly was calling him homophobic slurs.

I'd have tried to knockout Norman after that as well.

Throwing him down on the ground and calling him some names is not even close to laying a hit on someone that could have done irreversible damage. The fact that dudes can justify one of the dirtiest hits I've seen in pro sports is mind blowing. Odell is a baller without question but at the same time he's a b***h.

Y'all fanboys are too much. He's had 2 really good seasons. That's all. Let's stop all the silly Randy Moss and Jerry Rice comparisons.

Probably the same dudes on that where does Chris Johnson rank all time thread a few years ago.

Norman was out of line but Odell definitely went farther with it and looked even more foolish

The other stuff is an interesting topic and I've commented before but this thread is so far off that path no point in getting into it

So you think OBJ is better than Megatron in 2011-2013?  you think he's better than a prime Moss or TO or Marvin Harrison or Ochocinco even?

Right now OBJ isn't in his prime. I can't predict the future but at his current trajectory I'm confident he'll rival or outright surpass Calvin's feats.

He's already having a year that's better than Calvin's 2013 season. I do believe OBJ is the rare talent that will hit the 2K receiving yards in a season mark.

I think he's better than any iteration of Chad Johnson. Johnson has never surpassed double digit TDs in his career more than once. OBJ has done it in both his seasons as a pro.

And right now he's on pace to eclipse all of Randy's marks. Hell he's on pace to beat Jerry's otherworldly marks.

Shame Eli is getting old. Else I have little doubt that he and Beckham Jr would break a lot of the receiver/QB records Peyton and Marvin set.

There is no such thing as a "current trajectory", that's just foolishness. You have to play the games.

Anquan Boldin had one of the greatest rookie seasons ever, arguably better than Beckham.

Let it play out at least a couple more seasons.

If he didn't play in NY, nobody would talk about dude
laugh.gif

If he plays in DEN, this thread wouldn't have been made. You are trippin if you don't think being in NYC plays a big role in why people can't stop talking about the dude
Haven't been past the first page but do you remember Chad Johnson in Cincinnati? Randy Moss in Minneapolis?

NY plays no role in this. It's all his doings that's bringing attention to himself 

His hair looks goofy. Him and antonio brown can fight for the top spot for the worst haircut too.

Last edited:
Throwing him down on the ground and calling him some names is not even close to laying a hit on someone that could have done irreversible damage. The fact that dudes can justify one of the dirtiest hits I've seen in pro sports is mind blowing. Odell is a baller without question but at the same time he's a b***h.

Not trying to justify ****.

I actually don't give a **** what he did to Norman. Dead ***. Hate speech isn't protected by the constitution and for that reason Norman had that hit coming to him. Homophobic slurs should never be tolerated.

Dirtiest hit in pro sports? Drop in the bucket compared to what happens every ******* sunday B.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14416305/eight-dirty-plays-happen-every-sunday-nfl

Last edited:
There is no such thing as a "current trajectory", that's just foolishness. You have to play the games.

Anquan Boldin had one of the greatest rookie seasons ever, arguably better than Beckham.

Let it play out at least a couple more seasons.

Nothing foolish or silly about it, he's on pace to shatter ever receiver record in the league.

Experts and pundits use pace and trajectory all the time. Statisticians do as well. They foolish?

It is what it is. You bring up Boldin, but even before the 6 games he missed due to injury in his second season he was having a down year. He had a great rookie year but he failed to follow it up.

He went on to bounce back and has enjoyed an illustrious career. HOF caliber.

OBJ is showing no signs of regression and just keeps on exceeding expectations. If he starts to play poorly then I'll be the first one to say that his trajectory is trending downwards.

Last edited:
1) Beckham JRs orientation shouldn‘t matter.

2) Any form of insult, derogatory, threat, or unsportsmanlike conduct on the field should never be tolerated.

Beckham shoulda done a Shoryu Reppa uppercut to make a statement or something if things got out of hand, in which it did.

You gotta be a Ron Artest, not a back peddler and flopper.

Last edited:
Y'all fanboys are too much. He's had 2 really good seasons. That's all. Let's stop all the silly Randy Moss and Jerry Rice comparisons.

Probably the same dudes on that where does Chris Johnson rank all time thread a few years ago.

Wasn't part of that thread at all. Chris Johnson squandered a lot of his talent in Tennessee. Son didn't care enough about the team or the situation to run his hardest.

Granted the offensive line was terrible for years and he had no help, he still didn't give a **** for the longest.

You can refuse to see that OBJ is special and is on pace to do some all-time great things, it's whatever. Blinders on.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom