What's the chances simulation theory is real?

Watched this yesterday and it was pretty entertaining, but the more i thought about this the less farfetched the idea seems. It's essentially no different then believing in reincarnation or the thought that god is an all knowing all controlling deity i guess.

Watched this yesterday and it was pretty entertaining, but the more i thought about this the less farfetched the idea seems. It's essentially no different then believing in reincarnation or the thought that god is an all knowing all controlling deity i guess.
please elaborate.
i don't understand the theory.

Its a possibility. Personally I dont believe in it.
I think theres a much higher chance there are multiple universes going on at the same time all in their own bubble never knowing of each other

please elaborate.
i don't understand the theory.

Simplest way think the Matrix film… essentially the world we live in is a simulation being ran by other beings

Looking at tech & how it’s developing & peoples tendency to create whole personas online, along with all the NFT/VR stuff I can definitely see people willingly succumbing to living in a simulation

There's nothing that I've personally seen that would lead me believe it. I experience emotions, I witness tangible danger, my mind controls my body, sensations are felt, I've seen both life and death, etc, so it would be really illogical for me to even question the world that I live in.

It's an interesting theory. But the multiverse theory interests me more.

I would imagine both of those theories cross, some people believe that there are several different simulations running all with separate results

There's nothing that I've personally seen that would lead me believe it. I experience emotions, I witness tangible danger, my mind controls my body, sensations are felt, I've seen both life and death, etc, so it would be really illogical for me to even question the world that I live in.

All of that could be part of the simulation.

The only thing that would make me consider this is that throughout my life, I have always been the "leader" amongst my groups of friends.

I feel like there could be simulations where they are the leaders so they could have their "turn"

I applaud you for this response 😭

This is a very simple minded response.

People thought before the internet.

But…..

Y’all on that gas tonight I see.

Maybe a few people thought it, but they didn’t have the means to spread their theories to the masses for other people to consider it.

The only thing that would make me consider this is that throughout my life, I have always been the "leader" amongst my groups of friends.

I feel like there could be simulations where they are the leaders so they could have their "turn"

So you means theres still hope for me???

Maybe a few people thought it, but they didn’t have the means to spread their theories to the masses for other people to consider it.

Bruh the internet is fairly new.

Plenty of propaganda has been spread pre internet.

I don’t know why I’m held up on this when I kind of get what you mean.

The internet spreads dumb like hot butter.

Nobody thought any of this s*** before the internet.

What if I told you capitalism is the simulation ? It’s that simple.

Prior to the Internet the majority of the world believed that different gods were the cause of everything & were in control of everyone's life :lol: , that really isn't far off from this theory

Not to mention Philosophers made their entire legacy questioning human exitance & how/why we're here

Prior to the Internet the majority of the world believed that different gods were the cause of everything & were in control of everyone's life :lol: , that really isn't far off from this theory

Not to mention Philosophers made their entire legacy questioning human exitance & how/why we're here

Yeah, I don’t know why we are here. But I definitely think everything we experience is “real” per say. If anything is a simulation I don’t believe it’s a literal simulation. Maybe whoever/whatever created us did so with no purpose in mind, other than to create. Maybe it’s all just chance. I’m not really sure. I definitely think everything we experience is real though.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom