What's the Easiest Sport?

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

Originally Posted by dland24

Regardless of whether or not that I transitioned the argument from basic skill to good, you soccer enthusiasts disagreed with us saying that soccer was the easiest on a low level. 
And my friend starting by midseason doesnt discredit my argument what so ever.  The fact that he was even able to MAKE a JV team having never played the sport before, pretty much shows that at low levels, all you really need is to be a good athlete
laugh.gif
at "you soccer enthusiasts."  I offered absolutely zero input in that debate.

I don't know where you from but I wasn't even aware that JV had cuts.  Of course he made the team.

These are my points, if you disagree we can continue this.  All you really need to be is a good athlete to succeed at any sport at a low level.  That being said, your argument that any good athlete is a good soccer player, and that any good athlete who's never played the sport before can jump in to a game at the JV level and compete is laughable.
/thread

You guys who hate soccer or think it's easy to play obviously don't know what you're talking about. The sport isn't just "kicking"
laugh.gif

Do you have any idea of fit one has to be to be running around for 90 mins straight? Let alone know how to run full speed with a guy bumping you shoulder to shoulder trying to take the ball away from you while you're dribbling at the same and then once or if you get close enough, to know how to strike the ball at a specific area of the ball and using a specific part of your foot and actually scoring a goal.

Yeah, soccer is real easy alright
roll.gif

Football is ridiculously hard to learn if you're starting at 0 knowledge. Soccer's rules are very easy to learn starting from 0.

The intricacies of football's rules and regulations make it very difficult to pick up. Sure, you can name off exceptions where a superfreak athlete became an ok WR, but that's rare. Toss in tackling technique, catching technique, throwing form, blocking form, basically any part of football takes years to develop adequate skill at. You also need to build up decent strength and get used to being hit all the time, and get used to playing with shoulderpads and a helmet on.

In soccer, either you have touch or you don't. Some kids are naturals with foot speed and control and if they already have the athleticism, can become ok players pretty quickly. Kids with brick feet will fail, obviously. But really, what rules do you need to know in soccer to play? Offsides? throw-in rules? PK rules? Slide-tackling restrictions? That's about all I can think of. If you have a basic understanding of those rules and work on your touch for about a year straight, I bet you could be ok. Not good, really, but ok.

Baseball would be hard, too. I think one of the easiest to LEARN is definitely track... you have to be naturally good and have a great work ethic to succeed at it, though. But learning the form and starting positions is not that hard.

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

You guys who hate soccer or think it's easy to play obviously don't know what you're talking about. The sport isn't just "kicking"
laugh.gif

Do you have any idea of fit one has to be to be running around for 90 mins straight? Let alone know how to run full speed with a guy bumping you shoulder to shoulder trying to take the ball away from you while you're dribbling at the same and then once or if you get close enough, to know how to strike the ball at a specific area of the ball and using a specific part of your foot and actually scoring a goal.

roll.gif

For the 20th time….NO ONE SAID SOCCER WAS EASY.  

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

laugh.gif

roll.gif
Have you been reading the things people say?

Football is the easiest.

If you think people cant throw or catch.
laugh.gif

Girls may not catch every pass but they get the hang of it pretty quick.

Basketball and soccer arent THAT easy to learn because dribbling in both sports is difficult starting out.

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Don't argue with this dude dland24, he hates soccer with a passion, irrationally. And nothing you can say will change his mind. I remember him once saying that one of the reasons soccer is a bad sport is because they have sponsors on the jerseys, as if that has anything to do with the sport itself on the field.
laugh.gif

1- I dont HATE soccer.
2- You are completely twisting my words (surprising).  I never said soccer is a bad sport because they have sponsors on their jerseys.  Come on man.  The thread was "what sport has the best uniforms aesthetically."  I said that the answer cant be soccer because they have huge sponsors on their jerseys.  Go ahead and grave dig it and show me once where I said soccer is a "bad sport because they have sponsors on their jerseys."  Go ahead.  I'll wait.  

You guys who love soccer get so touchy when people dislike or have an different opinion than you do about your sport.  

And KB....the division was NOT horrible, and we won our league.  Random assumptions FTL.

judging by your sig, it looks like your from north california.

so, yup the soccer is not good in that part of the state.

Take a group of people; some athletic, some not athletic at all, & the rest in between. I don't see how you can think that:

1. they will find it tougher to pass a basketball to another person than to pass a soccer ball to another person
2. they will find it tougher to dribble a basketball as compared to dribbling a soccer ball
3. they will find it tougher to shoot a basketball compared to shooting a soccer ball IF they were playing on a regular sized goal
    but using your example of just an eclectic group of people wanting to go out and play the goal would be much smaller &
    in that case I'd say it's about even.

There's no way that group of people is going to be able to just go out and play a game of soccer and have fun doing it
while at the same time have it be kind of competitive.

It's late so I hope this makes sense.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by marionthebarberian

Don't argue with this dude dland24, he hates soccer with a passion, irrationally. And nothing you can say will change his mind. I remember him once saying that one of the reasons soccer is a bad sport is because they have sponsors on the jerseys, as if that has anything to do with the sport itself on the field.
laugh.gif

1- I dont HATE soccer.
2- You are completely twisting my words (surprising).  I never said soccer is a bad sport because they have sponsors on their jerseys.  Come on man.  The thread was "what sport has the best uniforms aesthetically."  I said that the answer cant be soccer because they have huge sponsors on their jerseys.  Go ahead and grave dig it and show me once where I said soccer is a "bad sport because they have sponsors on their jerseys."  Go ahead.  I'll wait.  

You guys who love soccer get so touchy when people dislike or have an different opinion than you do about your sport.  

And KB....the division was NOT horrible, and we won our league.  Random assumptions FTL.

indifferent.gif

The hell you talkin about son?

Originally Posted by gabers

Take a group of people; some athletic, some not athletic at all, & the rest in between. I don't see how you can think that:

1. they will find it tougher to pass a basketball to another person than to pass a soccer ball to another person
2. they will find it tougher to dribble a basketball as compared to dribbling a soccer ball
3. they will find it tougher to shoot a basketball compared to shooting a soccer ball IF they were playing on a regular sized goal
    but using your example of just an eclectic group of people wanting to go out and play the goal would be much smaller &

There's no way that group of people is going to be able to just go out and play a game of soccer and have fun doing it

laugh.gif
1.  Passing a basketball is easier than passing a soccer ball, but those arent the only activities involved in the sport.  Theres other things to consider.
2.  Dribbling a basketball is MUCH harder due to the precision thats needed.  A soccer dribble has a lot of room for error.  Theres no traveling in soccer, but there is in basketball.  A soccer dribble can be 3 feet in front of you or it can be 6 inches.  Dribbling a basketball is essentially a requirement.  Sure a game of basketball can be played if no one on the teams dribbles, but the odds of that are very small.  At the recreational level, quality dribbling skills in soccer arent a necessity at all.
3.  The a basketball rim is only a few inches bigger than the actual ball.  Every soccer goal that would be used is going to be substantially larger than the ball.  It takes more skill to make a basket than it does a goal.

It would be easier for them to play soccer than it would for them to play any other sport.  Theres so much room for error in the sport.

Originally Posted by Jehul

in regards to the easiest sport it's not even close:

pimp.gif

/thread
Must be nice to know out of the 6 billion plus people in the world that can run, your numero uno......all time
pimp.gif

laugh.gif

1- I dont HATE soccer.

indifferent.gif

Again, like I said earlier, baseless and random assumptions FTL.  Soccer not good in Norcal....
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

1- I dont HATE soccer.

indifferent.gif

Again, like I said earlier, baseless and random assumptions FTL.  Soccer not good in Norcal....
laugh.gif

Socal >> north east>>> Texas >>>>> *

not saying its the easiest, but what does everyone think about the degree of difficulty for learning volleyball?

getting a ball spiked at you can be scary as @%*@
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Durden7

Originally Posted by gabers

laugh.gif
1.  Passing a basketball is easier than passing a soccer ball, but those arent the only activities involved in the sport.  Theres other things to consider.
2.  Dribbling a basketball is MUCH harder due to the precision thats needed.  A soccer dribble has a lot of room for error.  Theres no traveling in soccer, but there is in basketball.  A soccer dribble can be 3 feet in front of you or it can be 6 inches.  Dribbling a basketball is essentially a requirement.  Sure a game of basketball can be played if no one on the teams dribbles, but the odds of that are very small.  At the recreational level, quality dribbling skills in soccer arent a necessity at all.
3.  The a basketball rim is only a few inches bigger than the actual ball.  Every soccer goal that would be used is going to be substantially larger than the ball.  It takes more skill to make a basket than it does a goal.

It would be easier for them to play soccer than it would for them to play any other sport.  Theres so much room for error in the sport.
wow. this is amazing.

1.dribbling a basketball is harder than dribbling a soccer ball? yea right. if you think just kicking a ball in front of you is dribbling, you're sadly mistaken. that's like those people who dribble a basketball with their palms. As humans, we generally use our hands much more than our feet. Thus, controlling a soccer ball would probably take a lot more work/effort than a basketball.
2. soccer nets are so big because they have to be. Even with such a big net, soccer scores are usually very low (2, 3, maybe 4 goals). By your logic, the bigger net would make it easier to score, which clearly isn't the case. It's obviously a lot easier to shoot a basketball than it is to shoot a soccer ball. Even bad basketball players can make some lucky shots. Although there are some lucky goals in soccer, the amount of those are far less prevalent than in basketball. 
3. Basketball is a lot easier than soccer. period. Having played both, it really isn't that close. How many nba players picked up basketball when they were older? a ton. it really isn't that difficult. 

Football

more ppl crossover from other sports to football than any other

there are countless players in the NFL who had everyday jobs and just try out and make a pro roster... or just started playing late in HS or college

I play basketball all the time and i'll say that it is by far the easiest. If you get the fundamentals down you can probably run a pick up court. Lol.

Talbert

Originally Posted by thesimplestlife

Durden7 wrote:
gabers wrote:

laugh.gif

wow. this is amazing.

1.dribbling a basketball is harder than dribbling a soccer ball? yea right. if you think just kicking a ball in front of you is dribbling, you're sadly mistaken. that's like those people who dribble a basketball with their palms. As humans, we generally use our hands much more than our feet. Thus, controlling a soccer ball would probably take a lot more work/effort than a basketball.
2. soccer nets are so big because they have to be. Even with such a big net, soccer scores are usually very low (2, 3, maybe 4 goals). By your logic, the bigger net would make it easier to score, which clearly isn't the case. It's obviously a lot easier to shoot a basketball than it is to shoot a soccer ball. Even bad basketball players can make some lucky shots. Although there are some lucky goals in soccer, the amount of those are far less prevalent than in basketball. 
3. Basketball is a lot easier than soccer. period. Having played both, it really isn't that close. How many nba players picked up basketball when they were older? a ton. it really isn't that difficult. 

At the recreational leverl, dribbling a soccer ball is MUCH easier than a basketball.  I dont know how you can even argue the opposing view.  The margin of error between the two is massive.  There are rules regarding dribbling a basketball.  There are no rules on how to dribble a football.

Just look at the size of the two balls and the size of the two scoring areas.  Theres a huge difference between the two.  Again, we're talking about recreational levels here.  Please dont confuse recreational with professional.

Again, I dont think you understand the question.  Simply stating that because you play both and feel as though basketball was easier doesnt help make a case for your argument either.

Socal >> north east>>> Texas >>>>> *

do you know anything about club soccer? not throwin stones but this is pointless if you dont.

if you broke it down by TIER 1 talent it would go socal > norcal > texas > northeast

socal is traditionally better in state competition with norcal because there's abut 4 times the talent pool in southern california than there is in northern california due to the differences in population.

Back
Top Bottom