whats the Jordan scene like in your city!?

I live in Washington DC so you see everything... Alot of Retro's and some people like me with OG's. Jordan's are heavy, but as everyone knows. FOAMs and Lebrons run this town. I broke necks when I wore my Flint Grey 15's, but %*%+*# drool over my Timmy D foams.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

i live in seattle... over the past couple years vans and shoes with vulcanized soles are on a lot of people's feet nowadays. But there still are a lot of people with jordans and nikes. There's the people who always rock the latest jordans like the 12s, 6s, space jams and the fusions. Then there's a good amount of people I notice with older retros like last week I've seen black gold 1s, 2002 raptor vii's, black infrared vi's, olive ix's, olympic vii's etc. Then there's a lot of people who got more recent retros like myself with the metallic 5's, the 8's, the 4's(not so much). But the majority of jordan brand stuff I've seen are retros that came out in the past year, fusions, and team jordans but mainly ajf1s

live in the wilkes barre / scranton pa area, copping shoes are easy up here. if you call most of the shoe spots they will put them aside for you, no waking up early on RD, no lines, etc...

Originally Posted by PresidentHudson

Lace Locka when you were in Miami where was the best spots to grab the exclusives. I got a homie goin down there next and id like to see if he can't pick me ul some heat while down there.

When I lived down in Miami, Shoe Gallery was THE place for exclusives. They're the only store in Florida to get the Titaniuim XX3's when they came out. Every sneakerhead in Miami or a cab driver worth his tip should know where it is. Your homie should really consider checking it out if he's a sneakerhead.

here in harlem its mostly based on what drops. if fusions drop, people will buy them, if any retros drop, people will sell them out...its a circus over here and it's pretty difficult to get a pair of Jordans especially if you don't want to pay above retail price..(usually a $125 shoe would cost $175 and up smh) but that's all they wear up here...

Chicago always been on the new jordans tip....but yeah you do see alot of dudes rocking the fakes...SMH @ the madison and pulaski jays LOL....

Greatabyss what's good. How far is scranton from philly? I've heard of it but i have no clue how to get there. Also how do the stores there far on major release dates like the space jams and motorsport vi etc.
Magc840 the shoe gallery it is boss. Hopefully they have some crack flames when i get there.

CrazyK i might try and come up there on the train for the ii release later this month. Whats the best store to cop jays from in harlem?

i mean you got your retail spots, but theres a few spots like B-Jay's that sell Jays and they don't sell out right away. there's 2 b-jays, one on W 143rd and Broadway and the other on W 145th between Broadway and Amsterdam..if you can negotiate with them, they can give you a pretty good price. i'm sure they'll have the II's when they release too. it's worth the try

Originally Posted by Mercenary X

Forget all the other places, come to New York City and travel through the stages of city.

Great food, cultures, people/women, music, sneakers, and, especially women.

pimp.gif

Im from baltimore and nobody rocks jordans down here All we rock is new balance and foamposites and some air maxes maybe a few heads got the spacejams but Jordan isnt that big down here

I live near San Francisco and people are mostly wearing Vans, or some type of casual shoe. i've seen people wear Jordans, but some of them are fusions, and I've seen heat around as well. Lots of sneaker spots here for Jordans.

Originally Posted by CrazyK

here in harlem its mostly based on what drops. if fusions drop, people will buy them, if any retros drop, people will sell them out...its a circus over here and it's pretty difficult to get a pair of Jordans especially if you don't want to pay above retail price..(usually a $125 shoe would cost $175 and up smh) but that's all they wear up here...
"(usually a $125 shoe would cost $175 and up smh)"
who ripped you off?,  i dont even pay tax for my kicks uptown, as for spots in Harlem just walk up broadway or go to the heights , there are a lot of small spots that sell everything for retail with no tax and they are quick to put kicks on sale to make room for more

Ehh, here around the Northern VA region, most of the kicks you'll see are fusions or recent retros. But there are some around here who wears "heat" once in a while.

I'm from Montreal Canada and the shoe scene isn't that bad here. There are lots of hypebeasts,people rocking fusions and fakes but there are a lot of serious collectors with serious heat and there are a couple events every once in a while. Most cats like to rock vans and skater shoes and supra looking shoes are popular here. Since I'm in Canada we don't really get Nike retros like foams and stuff like that but a good thing is that a lot of hot shoes like 12's sit here and are easy cops and we get the international exclusives like the true blues but big releases like any XI always gets sold out FAST even the silver anniversary joints. The bad thing is that the prices here are RIDICULOUS! for a small release like the 2's they cost $189 plus tax which might add up to over $190 American and regular releases are $210 which is about the same in American $ so I buy most of my shoe's online from eBay or eastbay or I just drive up to Burlington,Vermont or Plattsburgh,NY(the closest US towns from here) and pick them up for way less than Canadian retail. We have regular stores like FL and Champs and we have other spots called City Styles, Gotsole? and Off the Hook that get exclusives.

All and all Montreal is a great city where you see sexy women left and right, some of the best nightlife,great food, tons of historic places,diverse,drinking age is 18, during summer there are always things going on like festivals and free concerts and most of all,Montreal is known for some of the best chronic in North America and it isn't cracked down on like in the states so you could even smoke while you're walking down the street.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Dallas, TX is pretty crazy for Jordans and JORDANS ONLY!

Kobes and Lebrons are easy to get, but when any Jordan comes out people go crazy. The Anniversary XI's were crazier than the Space Jam release according to the managers @ both HoH....

So and so... basically a beach area where I am from, Santa Barbara. Mainly skate/surf brands on most people.

There are a few heads around here, but not too many, which is perfect.

To be honest, I rarely wear my shoes out. Either sandals or Vans.

I only wear 'em to work.

I'm from Gary Indiana. Thats Chicagoland area. Most people rock fusion and flights. No respect for og or og colorways. It's sad. It's of newbies also

Provo UT!
laugh.gif

jordan scene is absolutely non-existent and completely irrelevant.
i think there is only two or three kids in my entire high school (1,500+ people) who rock
j's consistently besides myself.
laugh.gif

im from a small town in nor cal (not the bay area nor cal ) like close to Oregon and the kick game here is pretty scarse like there is 2 people in my town that has space jams. Alot of the kids here rock fakes or whats at are footlocker if i buy shoes from are FL i have to wait a few months to rock so all the other guys beat there shoes up and so mine are fresh still but i like to wear retros cause i know nobody else hs them in my town lol

Originally Posted by PresidentHudson

Greatabyss what's good. How far is scranton from philly? I've heard of it but i have no clue how to get there. Also how do the stores there far on major release dates like the space jams and motorsport vi etc. 

its about 2hrs north up the turnpike.  space jam release was smooth, woke up at 830 was at the store by 9 when they opened, had 3 pair on hold, walked in told them my name and i was out.  my stores didnt get the MS vi but i got lucky on finishline.com and copped 2 pair.  our stores usually get everything except the huge releases like the premier xx3s but they will always put them on hold for you with no questions asked.  if you need help with anything just hit me up.

Back
Top Bottom