What's The Last Classic Rap Album?

Originally Posted by spacerace

cudi-man-on-the-moon-2.jpg
Wow, NT... I expected better.
290z9qc.gif

MOTM2 is about a 3/10 album. Next you'll say Rolling Papers or LASERS is classic.

Originally Posted by sonunox34

290z9qc.gif

MOTM2 is about a 3/10 album. Next you'll say Rolling Papers or LASERS is classic.
I just never got into this album to be honest, I really tried to lol. MOTM was dope though, I wouldn't consider it a classic but it still has replay value to this day and I played the hell out of that when it first dropped. Rolling Papers was buns and so is most of LASERS. OJ & Kush should have been an album and would have been way better and there is an obvious drop in quality from The Cool
tired.gif

290z9qc.gif

I just never got into this album to be honest, I really tried to lol. MOTM was dope though, I wouldn't consider it a classic but it still has replay value to this day and I played the hell out of that when it first dropped. Rolling Papers was buns and so is most of LASERS. OJ & Kush should have been an album and would have been way better and there is an obvious drop in quality from The Cool
tired.gif

Originally Posted by salbah3

290z9qc.gif

tired.gif
my man you took the words straight out of my mouth

Originally Posted by salbah3

290z9qc.gif

tired.gif
my man you took the words straight out of my mouth

Originally Posted by Noskey

Originally Posted by trhee

jay-z-the-black-album.jpg

But Jay's already put out another classic since TBA...

And I mean American Gangster. Not that trash Kingdom Come or that mail-in effort BP3.
American Gangster is a good album and is very slept on no doubt.  But I wouldn't call it a classic.

Originally Posted by Noskey

Originally Posted by trhee

jay-z-the-black-album.jpg

But Jay's already put out another classic since TBA...

And I mean American Gangster. Not that trash Kingdom Come or that mail-in effort BP3.
American Gangster is a good album and is very slept on no doubt.  But I wouldn't call it a classic.

my-beautiful-dark-twisted-fantasy-kanye-west-banned-small.jpeg
Y'all will realize it later. Musically, nothing else in his catalogue is touching this...the whole album is an event.

my-beautiful-dark-twisted-fantasy-kanye-west-banned-small.jpeg
Y'all will realize it later. Musically, nothing else in his catalogue is touching this...the whole album is an event.

Since like 2005 or so there's been a handful of classics. American Gangster was one of the last albums I heard where I instantly knew it was far and beyond anything that was out at the time. The sound, lyrics, etc. were straight hip hop to me. You had T-Pain and Wayne dominating the airwaves around that time in '07, hip hop really needed something else. That album took it back to me.
Some others I consider classics IMO:

Curren$y Pilot Talk 1 & 2

Big K.R.I.T Wuz Here & Return of 4eva

Drake Thank Me Later

Raekwon OB4CL Part 2...

Big Boi Sir Lucious Left Foot, The Son of Chico Dusty

UGK Underground Kingz 

Distant Relatives is highly overrated to me. I wanted more of a hip hop feel, album was more about Damien Marley than NaS.

Kanye hasn't had a classic since Late Registration. Graduation was good but not a classic. 808's was good too but not a classic.

KiD CuDi fell off to me. Dudes mixtapes before he dropped were his best work IMO. He had a perfect lane and split to the side with it.

The Cool is one of the most overrated albums in the history of music. Dudes beats are horrendous minus Paris, Tokyo. 

Hell Hath No Fury is has some bangers but I don't consider it a classic. Just some good stuff to play in the whip IMO.

Common Forever was close to a classic but wasn't quite there.

I don't know why I just typed so much...

Since like 2005 or so there's been a handful of classics. American Gangster was one of the last albums I heard where I instantly knew it was far and beyond anything that was out at the time. The sound, lyrics, etc. were straight hip hop to me. You had T-Pain and Wayne dominating the airwaves around that time in '07, hip hop really needed something else. That album took it back to me.
Some others I consider classics IMO:

Curren$y Pilot Talk 1 & 2

Big K.R.I.T Wuz Here & Return of 4eva

Drake Thank Me Later

Raekwon OB4CL Part 2...

Big Boi Sir Lucious Left Foot, The Son of Chico Dusty

UGK Underground Kingz 

Distant Relatives is highly overrated to me. I wanted more of a hip hop feel, album was more about Damien Marley than NaS.

Kanye hasn't had a classic since Late Registration. Graduation was good but not a classic. 808's was good too but not a classic.

KiD CuDi fell off to me. Dudes mixtapes before he dropped were his best work IMO. He had a perfect lane and split to the side with it.

The Cool is one of the most overrated albums in the history of music. Dudes beats are horrendous minus Paris, Tokyo. 

Hell Hath No Fury is has some bangers but I don't consider it a classic. Just some good stuff to play in the whip IMO.

Common Forever was close to a classic but wasn't quite there.

I don't know why I just typed so much...

290z9qc.gif

laugh.gif
 A lot of people don't agree with me on this.
However, for you to compare this classic to Lasers is outright disrespectful. (Lupe going all out B.O.B). The same with Rolling Papers 
sick.gif

Cudi actually grew as an artist from his debut album rather than use the same formula from MOTM; he damn near created his own genre. 

Hell, like i said in the unpopular music opinions: MOTM2 > MOTM1( i would not consider this album a classic)

Back
Top Bottom