What's the most ridiculous thing someone has asked you at work?

Originally Posted by PH3N0M3N0N

I HATED fast food. 

me: Hi thank you for choosing Arby's may I take your order?

idiot: Are you guys still open?
spray_trollface_copy.png

me: ...yeah

customer: iight lemme get x then

me: Sorry duke we're fresh outta that. The car in front just bought the last one. 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Online retail.

I answer the phone and this is the first thing she says/

Her: This bag is $250 and its too expensive. I want a coupon.
Me:
indifferent.gif
 *click

Retail-Pharmacy. I work in the retail half.

Junkie: Excuse me, do you work here?
Me: Yes.
Junkie: I lost my ID and the RX wont sell my the syringes I need for my 'diabetes.' If I give you the money can you buy them for me?
Me: Uhh... no, i'm sorry. I work here, I cant do that. I'll get fired no question.
*some pleases from her, no's from me*
Junkie Walking Away: *sad voice* oh my god yes you can.

no. i really cant. i'm not feeding your addiction and losing my job.
laugh.gif

and someone once called me to ask the day of the week, and that was it. then hung up.

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

Years ago when i worked at geek squad, i got a call from a guy who was beyond irrate

Client: “I just bought this computer on Saturday. I come in today to use it and it won’t turn on. I can’t believe you guys sell such pieces of %$%$ that they stop working in one day.

Originally Posted by ToLiveandDieinNJ

Had a new kid start work like 3 weeks ago. We start at 8am, by 9am this dude was dead asleep in the chair next to me while I'm trying to train him. I was like whattt, but I gave him a 2nd chance, next day one of our sales managers dropped by my location, I go to dude, "I'm going to security to get somebody I'll be right back" I come back w/ the sales guy and dude is knocked out cold, I was gone maybe 3 mins.

So after the sales guy leaves, I was like homie you gotta go, you can't be asleep at work. He goes "Why not? It's not like we were doing anything" I just gave him a stone face.

The most wild thing ever asked to me in a store was, "Do you where such and such product is?" Problem w/ that though, I was at Sephora with my gf, and if you've ever been in there, they wear all black. I was wearing a navy blue and gray striped sweater. And I am a 6'1 285lb black guy. So I was like "no", and girl gave me the nastiest look and went over to a manager and pointed at me. I was just like lol, what is wrong w/ people.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

roll.gif

So like 2 years ago I had a customer I had to help out with, I go up to him to help him out and the first thing he says to me.

"Did you get stung by a bee?"

I'm like ummmm no.

"Oh, because your face looks puffy and swollen."

Seriously who the hell says this to a complete stranger? And I had my beard fully grown so you couldn't even see my face...
roll.gif

When I used to work at a grocery store I'd get this tooooo many times.

customer: dude, how do you get outta here? like where's the exit?
Me:
indifferent.gif
the same way you came in
customer: oh, thanks, I don't know why I didn't think of that.
Me:
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

the way the store is designed, you can park down stairs in the garage and walk up with the stairs or take the elevator up...or if you are walking, you simply walk in and use the elevator or hit the stairs, then you are at the top floor (the grocery part) smfh.

Originally Posted by Dmvbatman

Originally Posted by jcbacall

you look like you do coke... you got some?

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

mad.gif
but on the real i'd be pissssssssed if someone came at me like that.

Was out a bar downtown for my sisters bday. Paid my tab and the waitress comes back and asks if I do coke. I never have and am all drunk and confused. I guess the magnetic strip on my debit card had white residue on it. But who asks a complete stranger that?

Originally Posted by Cragmatic

Originally Posted by Dmvbatman

Originally Posted by jcbacall

you look like you do coke... you got some?

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

mad.gif
but on the real i'd be pissssssssed if someone came at me like that.

Was out a bar downtown for my sisters bday. Paid my tab and the waitress comes back and asks if I do coke. I never have and am all drunk and confused. I guess the magnetic strip on my debit card had white residue on it. But who asks a complete stranger that?
smh.....I would have replied "yep, and just by looking at your shirt I can tell you have a funny looking left nipple"

First week at the bar vs loud annoying obnoxious birthday girl and friend.

"Can we have some free shots? it's my birthday!
smile.gif
"
"nope"
"but it''s my birthday"
indifferent.gif

*manager walk over, pours two QF's"
"thaaaaankss"

then he snatches the shots when she reach's for em, downs his, hands me one and says happy birthday
laugh.gif

I just left that job last week after a year, dude is like a second father to me now. Great job, gonna miss it

Originally Posted by needsomejays

i was at guest services in target and this lady walks in looks at up the big neon sign behind me that says "guest services" in big letters then looks back at me and says "is this guest services?"

i work in social services and i cant tell you how many times a day i have to deal with this kind of question. we've created signs...hanging signs...in english and spanish with arrows and everything pointing to the customer services desk, i work in energy. they all will come to my desk read the sign saying customer services begins at the other desk look over at where customer service actually is either not want to deal with the line or assume i enjoy answering stupid question and will say hi is this customer service? or ya'll took away mt food stamps or is this social services? so *!*#*%$ annoying. sometimes i try to like just not look at them once i see that they have read the sign so they wont bother me with their dumb @** questions and get the hint that they arent supposed to come to my desk but they just linger around waiting to catch my eye.
eyes.gif

When I worked at lids.

Customer: How much does this hat cost?

Me: The price is on bill

They ask like I'm going to hook them up or something

Originally Posted by HelloHipHop4000

smile.gif
"
"nope"
"but it''s my birthday"
indifferent.gif

"thaaaaankss"

then he snatches the shots when she reach's for em, downs his, hands me one and says happy birthday
laugh.gif

I just left that job last week after a year, dude is like a second father to me now. Great job, gonna miss it
eek.gif
DEADED

some dude came up to me and offered me some weed for a box of sour patch kids watermelon when i worked in the theater concessions
laugh.gif

i just said nah im good man

at a doc's office

patients call on some "im godly" swag and ask to talk with the doctor

like bich? dont you know he's busy. oh no hold up let me stop him from diagnosing patients so he can speak to you.

30t6p3b.gif
smh

Not exactly ridiculous, but I thought it was damn hilarious.

Old lady: Excuse me sir, I'm looking for some candy.
Me: Are you looking for anything specific?
Old lady: Anything hard...So I can suck on it.
Me: (At this point, I'm looking for Steve Carell to pop up) *Pauses*...We...Have...Lemonheads?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by HelloHipHop4000

smile.gif
"
"nope"
"but it''s my birthday"
indifferent.gif

"thaaaaankss"

laugh.gif

39525986c6caa61f56dfe514dcab73b6463c672.gif

in High School (15-16yrs old) I worked at TCBY, I was wearing a red work shirt, some little 11ish yr old kid walks up to me decked out in yellow and ask me if I was a "Blood," I told him no but he should ask some at Target(across hall in same mall) if they were, he walked by every 15mins or so and stared at me for the rest of the day

Originally Posted by ToLiveandDieinNJ

Had a new kid start work like 3 weeks ago. We start at 8am, by 9am this dude was dead asleep in the chair next to me while I'm trying to train him. I was like whattt, but I gave him a 2nd chance, next day one of our sales managers dropped by my location, I go to dude, "I'm going to security to get somebody I'll be right back" I come back w/ the sales guy and dude is knocked out cold, I was gone maybe 3 mins.

So after the sales guy leaves, I was like homie you gotta go, you can't be asleep at work. He goes "Why not? It's not like we were doing anything" I just gave him a stone face.

The most wild thing ever asked to me in a store was, "Do you where such and such product is?" Problem w/ that though, I was at Sephora with my gf, and if you've ever been in there, they wear all black. I was wearing a navy blue and gray striped sweater. And I am a 6'1 285lb black guy. So I was like "no", and girl gave me the nastiest look and went over to a manager and pointed at me. I was just like lol, what is wrong w/ people.
laugh.gif
A lot of funny posts. 

Originally Posted by Luong1209

Not exactly ridiculous, but I thought it was damn hilarious.

Old lady: Excuse me sir, I'm looking for some candy.
Me: Are you looking for anything specific?
Old lady: Anything hard...So I can suck on it.
Me: (At this point, I'm looking for Steve Carell to pop up) *Pauses*...We...Have...Lemonheads?
laugh.gif
39525986c6caa61f56dfe514dcab73b6463c672.gif

I am a courier and I get that "what is it?" when I drop stuff off.

..how The ##!@ should I know? I just deliver it.

Also when I get to security booths at buildings they ask where you from? While I'm wearing my work shirt that has the company name on it.

Back
Top Bottom