What's the most struggle meal you've eaten?

One time as a youngster we didn't have anything in fridge but a few packets of cheese, gov'ment style. but I remember being so hungry I ate it up like **** was fromage from Europe man :lol:

But you guys are sleeping on that corned beef. It's my go-to-meal to this day.

View media item 1109138

-half an onion
-3-4 cloves of garlic
-1 tomato
-1 chili pepper
-1-2 red potato
*lightly peppered*

View media item 1109139

It's a simple guy meal but this+white rice=crack I promise you :smokin

That is a go to west indian meal. Jamaicans call it bully beef, don't know why to this day :lol:. This with parboil rice is crack, I don't think it was struggle but hey. {We do it with oil, onions, tomoato, scotch bonnet pepper/congo pepper, garlic :smokin

My moms used to put egg in it and make fried plantains with it.

Last edited:
That is a go to west indian meal. Jamaicans call it bully beef, don't know why to this day
laugh.gif
. This with parboil rice is crack, I don't think it was struggle but hey. {We do it with oil, onions, tomoato, scotch bonnet pepper/congo pepper, garlic
smokin.gif

Facts

I wouldnt call it struggle but its def closer to the bottom of the depth chart in terms of meals

When ever the crib was empty or moms didnt have time to cook for real this is what was getting made 

no matter how desolate the fridge and cabinets were a can of this would always magically appear like we had unlimited supply 
roll.gif

Just remembered when I was younger I used to eat Ramon Noodles like candy (by choice, we wasn't struggling or nothing).
We didn't have any one day, and my mom's wasn't home to take me to get more. But WHAT WE DID HAVE was leftover spaghetti noodles from dinner the night before and Lawry season salt...
You do the detective work

That is a go to west indian meal. Jamaicans call it bully beef, don't know why to this day :lol:. This with parboil rice is crack, I don't think it was struggle but hey. {We do it with oil, onions, tomoato, scotch bonnet pepper/congo pepper, garlic :smokin

all Caribbean meals, at its core, are struggle meals... lol

Now that's a struggle meal :lol:

I can't get mess with eggs and rice but it seems a lot of y'all like that. Seems like an odd combination too me.

When I said that people saying it was very nutritious stock full of protein. All I know is when moms didn't have anything to give me, scrambled eggs and rice was it. :lol:

Facts

I wouldnt call it struggle but its def closer to the bottom of the depth chart in terms of meals

When ever the crib was empty or moms didnt have time to cook for real this is what was getting made 

no matter how desolate the fridge and cabinets were a can of this would always magically appear like we had unlimited supply :rofl:

I never took it for a struggle meal either, I just looked at as a simple dish to make when nobody wanted to do a big cooking thing. LIke on a Friday night or Saturday evening for lunch.

all Caribbean meals, at its core, are struggle meals... lol

You wilding man, :lol:. Saltfish and bake for breakfast with some coco tea, man :smokin. Oxtails, rice and peas, pelau, curry chicken, oil down, roti, souse. Let me stop, I getting hungry.

What you know about that bread, hot sauce, bag of Doritos mixed in the bag and putting it under the pillow over night.

Last edited:
That + rice + sunny side up eggs= crack crack crack!

This man knows :smokin

Never heard anyone refer to it as bully beef. This a common canned good amongst Filipinos along with spam and vienna sausage :lol: When your fridge was bare, for some reason there would always be an abundant resource of these canned goods in your cupboard:smokin.

My moms would mess around and put plantains in every other dish it seemed :smh: Had it for the first time when I was young in a beef shank soup called bulalo{easily one of my favorite Filipino dishes} and I swooped it up with my fork thinking it was a yellow potato :lol: had me like

View media item 1109656

One time i ran out of cereal and had nothing to eat for breakfast so I had to improvise:

Put peanut butter on bread. Rolled like 10 balls out of the bread with PB in the middle and then put them in water acting like it was some Reese's pieces joints.

That is a go to west indian meal. Jamaicans call it bully beef, don't know why to this day :lol:.

Bully beef is an old UK term for corned beef - spread to other areas after WW1. It comes from the French bouilli meaning boiled - supposedly some of the tins were labelled "bouilli boeuf" so as soldiers do they called it that.

my version of nachos.....
ketchup packets from mcdonalds, canned wiz and saltines

anyone ever substitute milk with water when having cereal?

friday-300.jpg

i've never heard of anyone doing this, there is no way that could work.

Alizè with cereal?

Thats not a struggle meal, thats struggle decision making.

How the hell you got liqueur(not eem real liquor) and why in the hell are you trying to eat it with cereal?????

***** WANTS the bubble guts. :smh:

Bully beef is an old UK term for corned beef - spread to other areas after WW1. It comes from the French bouilli meaning boiled - supposedly some of the tins were labelled "bouilli boeuf" so as soldiers do they called it that.
thats what we called the canned beef in the army.... esp those old dated mre's before everything came in pouches

My sophomore year of college, my roommate and I didn't have enough money to be finically cleared.  So we would sleep whenever we go hungry.  We did that for about 2 weeks before we got cleared.  SMH

Back
Top Bottom