Whats wrong with ESPN?

Believe it

I’ll watch a game on the channel but none of their shows or sportscenter

Shows became too involved with trying to stay relavent with the youth, just seemed more corny and corny and less about sports and this is back in 2005 lol

ESPN's problem is that they focusing too much on sports gossip and other non-sports related issues.

Trying to appeal to the kids (who get most of their highlights from Twitter anyway) ends up making them look corny as hell, sometimes its unbearable. Same thing when they try and hop on the Marvel/Star Wars wave (Disney) and include that in their shows, **** just looks and sounds stupid

Trying to appeal to the kids (who get most of their highlights from Twitter anyway) ends up making them look corny as hell, sometimes its unbearable. Same thing when they try and hop on the Marvel/Star Wars wave (Disney) and include that in their shows, **** just looks and sounds stupid

Their 'best sneakers' articles or whatever (never click them) appear to be cringe worthy as well. They never did this stuff for decades and now a year or two after the 'sneaker game' has died they have these lame sneaker articles.

Their 'best sneakers' articles or whatever (never click them) appear to be cringe worthy as well. They never did this stuff for decades and now a year or two after the 'sneaker game' has died they have these lame sneaker articles.
MAN!!! I noticed that dumb **** with all these sport outlets (Bleacher Report has a dedicated sneaker section and IG account). That doesnt mean the actual talents (Not sure if Scoop still works their but he's been a sneaker guy) are inauthentic, but the sudden shift they tried put on it was lame as hell. Surprised complex aint take Wilbon sneaker shopping (Skip Bayless :rofl:)

appealing to millennials/ball players who apparently are also puesdo sneaker heads.

Its appealing when the people covering it are genuinely into kicks, when its random talking heads its pandering and they end up looking like posers

Today is the day fellas. Let's get it :pimp::pimp:
DdPTLm7X0AUOSbh.jpg

I think the decline is simple. People watch less tv and watch more on the Internet.

On the Internet you can click around and find exactly what you want and in short segments. Dedicating a full 30 mins or an hour toa show is saved for actual shows.

I think that in general people don’t want to watch other people simply talking about sports as much. There’s just much better entertainment.

Combine all that with the behemoth that espn is and it’s a recipe for disaster. They pay millions of dollars to people to simply talk about sports. That’s simply not sustainable anymore.

While they still have the lock on this market they really should consider completely restructuring the way they do business. Basically only offer live sports and sport center on ESPN for TV. Then run everything else off YouTube and pay the people on the shows based on actual revenues. They’ve become bloated..and we’re in the era of efficiency.

It kills me how they surround the athletes with microphones like it's a political event, and have packed out press conferences with such a serious tone to ask the most absurd questions about a schoolyard game.

"LeBron walk is through what happened in the last 2 minutes and describe to us how you dug so deep to find the relentless will to score 9 points with no timeouts".

Bruh, they run plays, make shots and try to stop another team from making shots. It's very entertaining to watch sports, but they milk it DRY with all the unnecessary discussion and shows.

High noon seems like it will be good. We'll get the best from each (bo getting off something informative an reflective of society, and Pablo getting to dive deep in random stars an analytics.
The music gotta go.

Along with the above tweet, High Noon will now only be 30 minutes.
Guess they will have to find another creative name.

many sites are moving away from comment sections...too many scoundrels spewing hate to police.

I hear you. On the flip side some of the comments were far more informative than the actual articles.

Honestly have no reason to even visit ESPN.com now with their trash articles.

Lmao @ Sportsnation being cancelled. Big fall from grace since the Cowherd and Beadle days. Cari stopped ****ing the head at ESPN and is now unemployed...

Their subscription service scam that is ESPN + is a joke.

I dunno why anyone would even want it. Before they started the service, the espn app used to have so much stuff to watch. Now they barely have anything and espn+ is filled with mls soccer games and other random stuff.

I dunno why anyone would even want it. Before they started the service, the espn app used to have so much stuff to watch. Now they barely have anything and espn+ is filled with mls soccer games and other random stuff.

I agree completely. The problem for me is that as a fan of sports like tennis and boxing, Espn used to provide coverage for all the courts during a major (Wimbledon, US Open, etc) through the app so if you didn't want to watch a guy like Nadal grind out a 5 hour match that was currently shown on ESPN, you could go on the app and watch another match that wasn't going to get coverage. With this ESPN + scam you now need to pay for a separate subscription to get those matches.

Back
Top Bottom