Whats wrong with ESPN?

I agree completely. The problem for me is that as a fan of sports like tennis and boxing, Espn used to provide coverage for all the courts during a major (Wimbledon, US Open, etc) through the app so if you didn't want to watch a guy like Nadal grind out a 5 hour match that was currently shown on ESPN, you could go on the app and watch another match that wasn't going to get coverage. With this ESPN + scam you now need to pay for a separate subscription to get those matches.

Yeah, it was great that you had options to watch the other matches before. I read that the ufc events they’ll have will be on espn+ which is crap. The same type of events that were free to watch on fox and fs1.

What do you watch?

FS1?
Mainly YouTube if I’m looking for highlights. If I want some banter/commentary I’d go with Undisputed...but still on YouTube.:lol:

I feel like technology has made t much easier to get whatever you want when you want it. only time I watch cable is for live sports or maybe three TV shows.

Last edited:
I still watch ESPN

Just specific shows(PTI and ATH) and sports.

I tune out a lot and rarely watch it for highlights. If I do, it's background noise until I see something I want to see.

ESPN has too many agendas. I hate the way they shove stuff down your throat. I started tuning out ESPN during the Tim Tebow era. They say we want to hear about it, but I really don't. You showing Duke, Alabama football and the Patriots all the time isn't my thing.

I still watch ESPN

Just specific shows(PTI and ATH) and sports.

I tune out a lot and rarely watch it for highlights. If I do, it's background noise until I see something I want to see.

ESPN has too many agendas. I hate the way they shove stuff down your throat. I started tuning out ESPN during the Tim Tebow era. They say we want to hear about it, but I really don't. You showing Duke, Alabama football and the Patriots all the time isn't my thing.

So you were around for the Jeremy Lin - Knicks era, where he led off the Sportscenter segment whenever he scored 2 or more points.

once every major sports league had their own network, espn was pretty done. they have a lot of dead weight that they pay a lot of money.

once every major sports league had their own network, espn was pretty done. they have a lot of dead weight that they pay a lot of money.

verizon sucks for all the money i pay for cable. I get nfl network but no nba tv, no mlb network, not even the tennis or nhl network.

verizon sucks for all the money i pay for cable. I get nfl network but no nba tv, no mlb network, not even the tennis or nhl network.

i use to have those packages, but honestly, i rarely watch any sports coverage outside of live games.
think comcast removed nfl from their basic plan and bumped it up to another tier. watching live sports is just expensive and i just don't have the time for all that anymore :lol:
no wonder the athletes make so much with the tv deals that these leagues have

ESPN’s doing what they always have. They used to force feed the cowboys, bulls, tar heels and miami hurricanes as a kid. We the consumer changed the way we consume content and current cable can’t keep up.

Why do people still watch ESPN?

Hasn't been good since the Stuart Scott days.
at this point aside from MNF or an occasional ESPN NBA game, I don't watch it

sportscenter and all other shows are trash

was mainly used for NFL highlights but NFL network is so much better for that

too much hot taking in general. you got shows debating the same topics every day :lol:

I just need all their hot females to be in the same hour show. Can’t be sitting behind desks either, gotta be in chairs that barely let them cross their legs.

too much hot taking in general. you got shows debating the same topics every day :lol:
When I used to watch the shows on ESPN this was the worst...from Like 2pm to 7pm they would go from show to show talking bout the same topics in the same order :lol: :smh: ...I made to switch to only live games on ESPN n gave up the shows for good after I peeped how they went from reporting news and showing highlights to trying to create narratives and random stats

The official channels for each league are better with news and highlights now anyway

So you were around for the Jeremy Lin - Knicks era, where he led off the Sportscenter segment whenever he scored 2 or more points.

Yeah, but that lasted a good two weeks. After Miami it was done. :lol:

ESPN’s doing what they always have. They used to force feed the cowboys, bulls, tar heels and miami hurricanes as a kid. We the consumer changed the way we consume content and current cable can’t keep up.

Naw, that's different.

It's one thing to provide content on teams that are winning, it's another to have non stop invented content on insignificant stories. Tim Tebow was ridiculous. And then that debate stuff started going in to Sportscenter.

I don't mind you covering Lebron, he's the best player in the world. But don't cover sports like a reality show or soap opera. And that's what they started doing in the past five years.

Like how they do the sick kid stories that are near death or overcoming obstacles that have absolutely nothing to do with sports that end up depressing the hell out of me. :smh: I just want to watch some highlight clips and what happen last night.

I still watch ESPN but not like I did years ago.

I like Bomani a lot but Pablo Torres is a cornball, get that nerd the **** out of there already.

Highly Questionable is my **** but they have some of the worst cohosts. I wish they make Foxxworth the full time co host but I doubt it.

It’s not only that, no man REALLY wants to hear chicks debate sports, that’s **** talk. The hot girls that do talk sports are only there because of how they look and not what’s coming out of their holes. Also some of these dudes and washed up players are the trash bags of their sports or look like wild feminine or unathletic cornballs. They also have to stop kissing LeBron’s *** every 5 minutes.

Laura Rutledge is nice to look at right now and her eyes have a twinkle in it anytime she’s talking to a brotha. Her husband is in trouble...

Back
Top Bottom