Whats wrong with ESPN?

I'd take a prime Tony P over John Wall without blinking. A prime CP3? Ehhhh...Give me Chris. As far as ESPN goes, it's hardly recognizable now. They let all of the talent go.

Last edited:
Other than NBA games or Monday night football which is terrible, I avoid ESPN at all costs

Sports center fell off

No idea how anyone watches any of these other shows they have especially the SAS and skip bay less crap etc etc

Even tho I heard skip Baylesss left but still

No idea how anyone watches any of these other shows they have especially the SAS and skip bay less crap etc etc

Even tho I heard skip Baylesss left but still

I still watch First Take, Max is def a troll on the show, which makes me watch it even more.

Some episode a few weeks ago he said Lebron was declining even after just winning a chip.

Maybe him and Stephen argue the whole segment.

Thats why i watch the show, its entertaining more so then sports.

He is declining though. He takes a few games off a season now to visit miami or whatever clinic gives him magic injections.

Checked out Skips new show with Shannon Sharpe. Wasn't too bad. I just cringe when celebs are on First Take, you can tell Max isn't with the ****. :lol:

Gruden makes MNF entertaining tho :lol: :pimp:

Last edited:

sick.gif

I just don't get this train of thought.

What is it that you want?

I'm pretty sure they cover all taste in sports coverage.
They stopped reporting stories years ago like a journalist is supposed to and turned into TMZ sports. They are solely responsible for "Deflate-gate" becoming a story. They reported fallacy after fallacy and didn't redact any of the lies they told. They create the news instead of reporting it.

They have also lost a lot of their best talent.

Last edited:
Stephen A Smith and Max Kellerman are both ******* deplorable. For different reasons I might add

I mean it's only so much time in the day.

They cover ALL sports.

Because your watching it wrong doesn't mean they are trash.

They have specific shows for each sport that goes through each games highlights.

Hell they have like 6 for the NFL alone.

I think people want SC to be something it has never been and just cast that over all of ESPN.
i loved sportcenter in the 90s. grew up watching it. it was different back then. they covered and showed highlights from many different games and sports. still enjoyed it. 
Yes, they lost Simmons, Cowherd, Skip and Uncle Whitlock.

But they replenished with Lebatard, Bomani, the homie Jamel, Max and low key Dominique Foxworth is nice too.
i enjoy lebatard and bomani.. dont really need espn or a cable subscription . i just listen to the podcast. 

Checked out Skips new show with Shannon Sharpe. Wasn't too bad. I just cringe when celebs are on First Take, you can tell Max isn't with the ****. :lol:

Gruden makes MNF entertaining tho :lol: :pimp:

Gruden is annoying af

Anyone else feel they should get rid of Stephen A?, the new guy max is perfect for that show but need a new partner. Tired of that clown on the show, and let's be real here, skip was carrying that bum.

I think most would agree that stephen is an idiot and has gotten worse since Max joined the show. He's still a big name though and they keep him around for the attention at least.

Haven't watched ESPN in about 3 years. Haven't listened to their radio shows in about 6 months. To me they just fell off and the around the clock shows got repetetive. PTI used to be ok, but that fell off years ago. Around the Horn is just garbage. Mike and Mike is embarrassing to listen to. Jalen and Jacoby is also cringe worthy.

Last edited:
I haven't watched ESPN in a minute except for catching the new First Take with Kellerman to see how he and Steph worked together so I'm not entirely sure what these shows are like right now but when I used to watch

First Take,
Mike & Mike,
His & Hers,
Sportsnation,
Around the Horn,
PTI....

It was literally the same topics, over and over and over ad nauseam.

Other than Monday Night Football, various NBA and MLB games, and some original series (30 for 30) ESPN doesn't have a lot of great content. YouTube is a lot more accessible, twitter as well. I mean why would I ever turn on ESPN for news when my twitter feed gives me up to the second updates. I don't really care for opinions and debates. It's just really a novelty at this point and I don't have the time for it.

Haven't watched ESPN in about 3 years. Haven't listened to their radio shows in about 6 months. To me they just fell off and the around the clock shows got repetetive. PTI used to be ok, but that fell off years ago. Around the Horn is just garbage. Mike and Mike is embarrassing to listen to. Jalen and Jacoby is also cringe worthy.

Basically my sentiment summed up near verbatim.

Like ol boy said on the 2nd page, Youtube is the main reason why I don't watch ESPN anymore. I'm a big fan of ESPN First Take & His & Hers. Being that I have a jobby job, I no longer can just sit in front of the tv and watch these shows since they come on early in the morning. That's why I follow random YouTube channels that post the shows right after they air. Same thing goes for Undisputed which airs on FS1. 

30 for 30 is another show that I watch, but I tend to wait for the episodes to hit Netflix unless its a really hyped up episode. 

Only time you will catch me watching ESPN now is when a good NFL, college bball/fball or NBA matchup is being broadcast. 

If ESPN wants to get their subscribers back then they need more original content. Somebody mentioned bringing back And 1 Streetball. I think that is a good idea. They could have definitely did what Netflix did and brought us "Friday Night Tykes" & "Last Chance U". Hell, what happened to them broadcasting Madden tournaments?

Back
Top Bottom