whats your take on Obama mandating a 36MPG minimum on cars? VOL. RIP V8, corvette, camaro, chargers

and this is precisely a micrcosm of EVERYTHING i am pissed off about ... there should be a CHOICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! with this %@*+%$$! there isno choice, just straight up dictation ... %%+@ obama

10dowdlargejpg.jpg

he needs to come back to reality.

these cars better at least look "cool", can't be driving around in a ugly joint
grin.gif

just give tax breaks or something as incentive, for producer and consumer

so what will this do to the value of the trucks out now?
will they go up in re sale since they aren't going to be produced with as much power anymore?

i think this is stupid...to some extent

but im wondering what will people use to haul their trailers? Aint no battery going to able to pull them
laugh.gif

I guess I'm going to start saving up and cop that 2015 F-250
smh.gif

I really do think(from what ive read anyway) That TD could(should) be a large component for automobiles in the future. But for whatever reason we seem to be soagainst it.

OK...The government gave a LOAD of cash to these companies so they wont go out of production/business...you didn't think they would use that to balance outthe cost of something else? If this goes into effect gas will be pumped less because people will get more bang for their buck and not have to refuel asmuch...that means more available gas, cheaper gas, less paid on transport/pumping/whatever else. In terms of gas this can be huge, in terms of people who usecars for more than just transportation...it sucks. Less cars that you actually want, or more money in your pockets? I'm not saying this will work, or is agood idea for sure, but I can see what they're trying to do with this and it's pretty logical

pretty logical? so you are comfortable with the government dictating what kind of car you can drive? what happens in a couple years or GOD FORBID if obama getselected again and in about 5 years when he says ok now everyone who doesnt own one of these 36mpg cars has to pay tax on their mileage? when you let thegovernment start with something like this it just opens the door for more and more regulation ... pretty soon theyll make up some %%+%%*%$ plan to outlaw whitet shirts cuz it doesnt absorb the sun like dark colors do and therefore hurt the atmosphere some %@++%$+ how ...

%%+%%*%$ !!!!! %@@# !!!!!!

ps... what is this going to do for the economy? its doing nothing but increasing the cost of cars ...
indifferent.gif

a minor change to better the country

who says its going to better the country?

The new Camaro V6 with 300 hp does at least 28MPG if not 30MPG

36MPG by 2016 shouldn't be as big a problem as people are making it out to be. Is this 36MPG for the entire fleet of sales or a 36MPG requirement for everysingle car sold.

thats what its gonna come down to ... were gonna look like sardins riding down the road

I think they should of just put a progressive tax on cars depending efficiency. This tax will include increased costs that you pay directly every year as aflat rate depending on the efficiency. Plus an increased rate on tolls if your car is less efficient that is also progressive. If I'm not wrong theScandinavian countries do something similar.

I am all for it. I can't wait until most people are driving smaller more fuel efficient cars. Look out for BYD electric cars though. I would buy stock inBYD right now if I had some spare cash...they are going to blow up big time.

I wrote a report on this and during my research for Obama's new plan, I found that by setting this minimum MPG, it would be the equivilant of taking 177million cars off the road. Talk about dealing with future issues such as global warming, this is definately a plan aimed at the environment.

Originally Posted by JFMartiMcDandruff

it's not like anybody will check your mpg

how would they know if it's at least 36 mpg?
no car companies can release any cars with a mpg lower than 36. so u can have it lower but it wont be a recent car in the future

Passenger cars set requirement is at 39 mpg compared to the current 27.5 mpg. Light trucks will have to conform to a 30 mpg requirement compared to the currentmpg of 23. The White House projects the plan ultimately would save 1.8 billion barrels of oil. The administration also forecasts it will cut greenhouse gasemissions by 900 million metric tons, the equivalent of taking 177 million cars off the road.

Ya'll need a source?
laugh.gif

yall realize cars account for less than 2% of total greenhouse gases? this does nothing for our environment, only increases government ...

Bammas here are on some bandwagon %+*. If this mandate would have came one year to date when gas prices were almost $5 a gallon, everyone would have been onit. And the technology is there to make these cars more fuel efficient, but oil companies buy the rights to the patents.

Originally Posted by Ortega03

Talk about dealing with future issues such as global warming, this is definately a plan aimed at the environment.
indifferent.gif
tired.gif

Originally Posted by ninjahood

personally as a muscle car and truck fan i HATE it..........

mad.gif

i don't ever wanna drive a car whats battery assisted and weak compared to da big block high HP beasts that i love.

well get used to driving a car with a honda lawnmower motor. hey you can always sup up your mower engine
roll.gif
. what a joke we voted for a president not a dictator mandating from ceo'spay to how cars are going to be built. but hey its change alright.
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

Originally Posted by Ortega03

Talk about dealing with future issues such as global warming, this is definately a plan aimed at the environment.
indifferent.gif
tired.gif
yeah...i feel da same way duke...especially when the most populated countries in the world China and India have ZERO plans to adopt any of thistype of global warming hoopla.

Back
Top Bottom