What's your view on Capital Punishment?

nerd.gif

Writing a persuasive paper on Capital Punishment, and I wanted to see some views of some fellow NT'ers. Personally, I believe that it violates the EightAmendment of the U.S. Constitution, thus it should be abolished.

What do you think?

It depends really

sometimes innocent dudes get charged with murder in states that enforces capital punishment, and then they get screwed

I dunno tho...it's tough...just like abortion

ya know what I mean?

^

Yeah, It depends on the situation, but personally: "How do you show someone killing is wrong, when your killing someone in the process?"

I would consider myself a Democrat, but when it comes to capital punishment, I thouroughly support it. An eye for eye, especially for child rapists
mad.gif
mad.gif

Originally Posted by XxHonchoxX

^

Yeah, It depends on the situation, but personally: "How do you show someone killing is wrong, when your killing someone in the process?"

Yea I feel the same way.

Many states enforces Capital punishment, but Mah *censored* still kill anyways.

ya know what i mean?

I feel what yall are sayin...but some $#!+ people DESERVE 2 die 4...there's some real sick, monstrous folk in this world...but that's just my $0.02...(300 pesos en español...)

I'm all for it as long as innocent people aren't put to death.

Since there have been cases of innocent people On death row and being killed than I think there should be a moratorium until a better process can be workedout.

I think it isn't really fair. I think those people should spend their lives in solitary confinement and never get to see another person.

Originally Posted by Kell78dogg

I think it isn't really fair. I think those people should spend their lives in solitary confinement and never get to see another person.
Worse than death!

They'll end up killin themselves in there anywayz.

I am against abolishing it. Since I am completely opposed to torture, sometimes you need the threat of death to get a murderer to tell a family where thebodies are. It is also needed to distinguish between grades of murder.

In the book "A History of Force" the author made a great case against capital punishment. He said that the Western World, the US included, has movedfrom liberally dispensing capital punishment to either banning it or in the case of the US, rarely doing so. He also pointed out that executions where givenout with little deliberation and were done publicly and the fact that that has changed shows that history is on the side of moving away from capitalpunishment.

Saying upfront to potential criminals that we will not kill you is not the way to go. If you committed rape and murder and/or torture-murder, you should bekilled. It must, however be absolutely proved that that was the case.

In short, I am against a ban but I am for using the death penalty sparingly.

Just wrote and presented a full speech for being pro-cp on monday...pm if you wanna read my paper

So you learn that a grown man raped a child.

You're pissed, you want him to die, etc., etc, etc.

You learn about him through the media while he's on death row. You learn that when he was a kid, he was locked in a basement, naked, and forced to sexuallypleasure both his mom, his dad, and a friend of the family. All three of them knew about it, and sometimes, the 3 of them would have sex together, forcing himto participate.

He was rewarded for doing good sexually (extra food), and punished for doing things wrong.

He was told that what he was doing was perfectly natural, and the only kids that did this kind of stuff with their parents were kids that really, REALLY lovedtheir parents. He was also told that if he ever told anyone, then his parents, who he really, REALLY loves (or so he's bee told)would be taken away toprison. Of course, no child who really, REALLY loves their parents wants them to be taken away to prison, so he never tells anyone.

He goes through high school as a shy kid, picked on and bullied and what not, gets into drugs and everything.

Graduates high school, hires on at a factory after that, and learns the wonderful news that his sister is pregnant

Fast forward to a couple years later, and we are all watching this news story about him being on death row for molesting his sister's baby.

I ask you: what would be fair to him at this point?

Answering my question with a question doesn't answer my question. "What are you saying, ska? He should just be let free?"

I'm asking you: knowing all this about his life, what would be fair in your eyes?

screw capital punishment. they need to legalize cruel and unusual punishment. see how many people are in a rush to commit crimes when you start throwin__'s in saw traps...and charge money to see it. that'll solve the economic situation and prison overcrowding in one swoop. i'm running for mayorsoon.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

You learn about him through the media while he's on death row. You learn that when he was a kid, he was locked in a basement, naked, and forced to sexually pleasure both his mom, his dad, and a friend of the family. All three of them knew about it, and sometimes, the 3 of them would have sex together, forcing him to participate.

He was rewarded for doing good sexually (extra food), and punished for doing things wrong.

He was told that what he was doing was perfectly natural, and the only kids that did this kind of stuff with their parents were kids that really, REALLY loved their parents. He was also told that if he ever told anyone, then his parents, who he really, REALLY loves (or so he's bee told)would be taken away to prison. Of course, no child who really, REALLY loves their parents wants them to be taken away to prison, so he never tells anyone.

He goes through high school as a shy kid, picked on and bullied and what not, gets into drugs and everything.

Graduates high school, hires on at a factory after that, and learns the wonderful news that his sister is pregnant

Fast forward to a couple years later, and we are all watching this news story about him being on death row for molesting his sister's baby.

Answering my question with a question doesn't answer my question. "What are you saying, ska? He should just be let free?"

I'm asking you: knowing all this about his life, what would be fair in your eyes?
eyes.gif

Might as well just give people life, if they get to spend like 20 years appealing their sentence.

Nktran001:
23ska909red02:

You learn about him through the media while he's on death row. You learn that when he was a kid, he was locked in a basement, naked, and forced to sexually pleasure both his mom, his dad, and a friend of the family. All three of them knew about it, and sometimes, the 3 of them would have sex together, forcing him to participate.

He was told that what he was doing was perfectly natural, and the only kids that did this kind of stuff with their parents were kids that really, REALLY loved their parents. He was also told that if he ever told anyone, then his parents, who he really, REALLY loves (or so he's bee told)would be taken away to prison. Of course, no child who really, REALLY loves their parents wants them to be taken away to prison, so he never tells anyone.

eyes.gif

Excellent answer. Wonderful, thought-out solution, my dude.

Anyone else?

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

That situation makes me want that guy wants to die, but it's his parents fault for raising him that way.

Back
Top Bottom