When collecting, how important is it for you to have the OG box?

When collecting, how important is it for you to have the original box?

Do you look at it as a "must", not care at all, or do you give it a "free pass" depending how hard the shoes are able to obtain?

For ME personally, I think it's one of the most important things. Especially if the box is crazy old.

the box at times, tells a better story than the actual shoe itself. The ability to spark of a memory of not only the joy of that shoe but the first sight before you even tried them on, for that reason the box has always been key for me.

Yeah, when dude walks out with that box in his hand you know your money. It's such a good feeling.

UNLESS they're like "well, we this 12 if you wanna try it".
laugh.gif

Most definitely depends on the situation. If your coppin to stock and eventually re-sell, the box is a must. But if I cop a pair online planning to throw theminto my regular rotation, then i couldnt care less.

If you're from Weymouth, Walpole, Hingham, Dedham, Canton, etc. etc..You are NOT from Boston.

Originally Posted by ATMOSquare

the box at times, tells a better story than the actual shoe itself. The ability to spark of a memory of not only the joy of that shoe but the first sight before you even tried them on, for that reason the box has always been key for me.

True...

I've got the opportunity to get a pair of OG 95's in a colorway that NEVER, EVER shows up. PERIOD, let alone in my size...and they're brand new,but...they have no box. I'm not sure what to do...

if its a shoe i don't plan on ever wearing i need the box but if im going to wear the shoes i can careless.

I wear the shoes, not the box. But like anything else, I'd prefer to have the original packaging no matter the condition of the product.

True...

I've got the opportunity to get a pair of OG 95's in a colorway that NEVER, EVER shows up. PERIOD, let alone in my size...and they're brand new, but...they have no box. I'm not sure what to do...
Gotta grab em my dude. Before you were searching for the shoes + the box, now your just searching for the box. Do you plan to rock?

If you're from Weymouth, Walpole, Hingham, Dedham, Canton etc. etc..you are NOT from Boston.

Me it's a must..not just that I want to have a good and the right box for all my shoes..

Originally Posted by WestRoxbury011

True...

I've got the opportunity to get a pair of OG 95's in a colorway that NEVER, EVER shows up. PERIOD, let alone in my size...and they're brand new, but...they have no box. I'm not sure what to do...
Gotta grab em my dude. Before you were searching for the shoes + the box, now your just searching for the box. Do you plan to rock?

Oh, no...they're waaayyyy too old to wear 'em. The air bubbles would prob.split at the seams! It's an extremely rare color...last one I saw onEbay was 4 years ago.

for me, I feel like I need the box even if I wear the hell out of the shoes. I think it would feel kind of "naked" to have a pair of shoes withoutits OG box.

If I had a chance to buy a shoe that can't be worn but it didn't have the OG box I'd pass. If you are buying a shoe simply to look at, its gottahave all the peices.

Originally Posted by HOVKid

If I had a chance to buy a shoe that can't be worn but it didn't have the OG box I'd pass. If you are buying a shoe simply to look at, its gotta have all the peices.

co sign.
i bought some b grade CG III's from Nike outlet store. not a damn thing wrong with them at all just the box is a regular orange nike box. i stillhate it though.

I say get them if they are hard to come by.

I also would prefer the box, but if something that hardly ever pops up like OG True Blue 3's then I would pull the trigger.

At least you know you have them.

It depends on how rare the shoe is.

Like if I see a pair of shoes that is grail status in my size without the box, I'm not going to pass it up just because it doesn't have a box. BecauseI don't know when I'll see a pair like that again.

for organizational purposes, i like to keep my boxes (especially JB).... it makes my closet look a little flyer....

for resale purposes, any box will do, as long as there's a box.

For my own shoes, the box means nothing. I wear them instead of collecting anyway.
But if I'm selling pairs, I like having the shoe complete with OG box and OG contents so the buyer gets his money's worth.

Originally Posted by Cameron Nelson

Originally Posted by ATMOSquare

True...

You know, you will regret not copping them, god knows when another pair will show up with the rarity that you mentioned, I'm sure you can give themanother home. Sometimes a box is just as important, but when a shoe is that rare, something gotta give. You can keep searching for a box, there are plenty ofempty boxes that go up for sale on eBay every now and then. You have a better chance of finding a box sometime down the line than seeing those shoes everagain. So, if you appreciate this pair that much, don't let them pass just because of the box.

Back
Top Bottom