When did Chris Bosh become a superstar?

I would compare Chris Bosh to Norman Smiley

smiley_norman2.jpg

Originally Posted by JD617

top 5 2 pfs in the L

Dirk and Pau are better than Bosh right now

Bosh to me is like Pau.....Pau was good on the grizz but nobody really watch that team that much and they didnt win much..Same with Bosh...nobody watches Tor too much either

I think once Bosh is on nat tv a lot and he goes deep in the playoffs he will be seen as a better player

Originally Posted by JD617

top 5 2 pfs in the L

Dirk and Pau are better than Bosh right now

Bosh to me is like Pau.....Pau was good on the grizz but nobody really watch that team that much and they didnt win much..Same with Bosh...nobody watches Tor too much either

I think once Bosh is on nat tv a lot and he goes deep in the playoffs he will be seen as a better player

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

He isn't one. But the media and teams chasing him during this FA period made him think he's a superstar.
Toronto fans know this better than anyone.

Unfortunately, though, because so few Raps games are televised in the United States, this same sentiment has not crossed the 49th parallel-- yet. Indeed, for the last seven years of his career, Bosh has been in a cocoon isolated from the American media and coddled by the Canadian fans and press who a) know no better and b) dare not criticize him. In Miami, in the limelight, under the pressure, Bosh will crack. And he will be exposed for what he is: a second-tier power forward, no different than LaMarcus Aldridge.

Over the course of his career, Bosh has averaged 20.2 ppg, 9.2 rpg, 1.2 bpg. In a contract year last season with the Raptors, Bosh averaged career-highs in points (24.0 ppg) and rebounds (10.8 rpg). It is important to note that these numbers are inflated given the relative lack of combined talent and effort Toronto exhibited during Bosh's tenure, which earned a record of 211-320 and made the playoffs twice, but the Lottery five times. (Think Kenny Smith's "looter in a riot" analogy.) Moreover, his rebounding totals come despite stealing countless boards from Toronto's other forwards, namely Andrea Bargnani, every game. Even more astounding, though, is that despite playing on a teams with some of the worst perimeter defenses in league history (see: Jack, Calderon, DeRozen, Carter, Kapono, et al.) and standing 6'10" tall, Bosh averages only 1.2 career blocks per game. In contrast, a one-legged Kevin Garnett attained an identical average in 2008-2009, and noted wimp Pau Gasol averages 1.7 career bpg. Perhaps this is why in seven seasons, Bosh, the supposedly elite power forward has been named to only one All-NBA 2nd team, and never to an All-NBA defensive team.
And yet, here's Bosh, prancing around Staples Center during the NBA Finals, documentary film crew in tow, treating this process as ridiculously as the two-time MVP is. Perhaps because of LeBron's vast individual accomplishments (MVPs, All-Star MVPs, scoring titles, etc.) some bizarre part of me can kinda-sorta reason with (Not really, but let me finish...) the spectacle James and his LRMR team are creating-- but Bosh? No. Never. Bosh is the proverbial third-wheel shadowing his infinitely more talented Team USA friends, James and Wade. That the media at-large, his people, and NBA front offices have positioned him as a "superstar" speaks to how truly out-of-hand this year's so-called "free-agent frenzy" has become.

tx_cover_bigthree.jpg
=
the-third-wheel.jpg

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

He isn't one. But the media and teams chasing him during this FA period made him think he's a superstar.
Toronto fans know this better than anyone.

Unfortunately, though, because so few Raps games are televised in the United States, this same sentiment has not crossed the 49th parallel-- yet. Indeed, for the last seven years of his career, Bosh has been in a cocoon isolated from the American media and coddled by the Canadian fans and press who a) know no better and b) dare not criticize him. In Miami, in the limelight, under the pressure, Bosh will crack. And he will be exposed for what he is: a second-tier power forward, no different than LaMarcus Aldridge.

Over the course of his career, Bosh has averaged 20.2 ppg, 9.2 rpg, 1.2 bpg. In a contract year last season with the Raptors, Bosh averaged career-highs in points (24.0 ppg) and rebounds (10.8 rpg). It is important to note that these numbers are inflated given the relative lack of combined talent and effort Toronto exhibited during Bosh's tenure, which earned a record of 211-320 and made the playoffs twice, but the Lottery five times. (Think Kenny Smith's "looter in a riot" analogy.) Moreover, his rebounding totals come despite stealing countless boards from Toronto's other forwards, namely Andrea Bargnani, every game. Even more astounding, though, is that despite playing on a teams with some of the worst perimeter defenses in league history (see: Jack, Calderon, DeRozen, Carter, Kapono, et al.) and standing 6'10" tall, Bosh averages only 1.2 career blocks per game. In contrast, a one-legged Kevin Garnett attained an identical average in 2008-2009, and noted wimp Pau Gasol averages 1.7 career bpg. Perhaps this is why in seven seasons, Bosh, the supposedly elite power forward has been named to only one All-NBA 2nd team, and never to an All-NBA defensive team.
And yet, here's Bosh, prancing around Staples Center during the NBA Finals, documentary film crew in tow, treating this process as ridiculously as the two-time MVP is. Perhaps because of LeBron's vast individual accomplishments (MVPs, All-Star MVPs, scoring titles, etc.) some bizarre part of me can kinda-sorta reason with (Not really, but let me finish...) the spectacle James and his LRMR team are creating-- but Bosh? No. Never. Bosh is the proverbial third-wheel shadowing his infinitely more talented Team USA friends, James and Wade. That the media at-large, his people, and NBA front offices have positioned him as a "superstar" speaks to how truly out-of-hand this year's so-called "free-agent frenzy" has become.

tx_cover_bigthree.jpg
=
the-third-wheel.jpg

Bosh has superstar talent...But he's missing some intangibles...He puts up a front like he's a great leader but he just doesn't have it...He has questionable hands...He has barely any court vision...You'll see guards steal the ball off him in the low post weak side from time to time and scratch your head.

He barely kicks out the ball once he has it down low.

With that being said, on the wing or low post on a face up he's a defenders worst nightmare. Mid-range is wet, first step and handles are good to great for his size and he gets stronger and stronger every year. Not to mention he is a perennial 80% free throw shooter.

He's just missing some things that skipped over him naturally. Oh yeah, no nose for the ball. Rondo could play PF and average more rebounds than Bosh. He has no read on boards.

Bosh has superstar talent...But he's missing some intangibles...He puts up a front like he's a great leader but he just doesn't have it...He has questionable hands...He has barely any court vision...You'll see guards steal the ball off him in the low post weak side from time to time and scratch your head.

He barely kicks out the ball once he has it down low.

With that being said, on the wing or low post on a face up he's a defenders worst nightmare. Mid-range is wet, first step and handles are good to great for his size and he gets stronger and stronger every year. Not to mention he is a perennial 80% free throw shooter.

He's just missing some things that skipped over him naturally. Oh yeah, no nose for the ball. Rondo could play PF and average more rebounds than Bosh. He has no read on boards.

Didn't Gasol lead his Grizz to a 50 win season? Granted he got swept in the playoffs but that's nothing to frown at.
Plus Gasol was putting up close to the same numbers he did in Memphis. Now he has become a tougher player due to
playing with Kobe. I do believe Gasol is better all around player then Bosh.

Didn't Gasol lead his Grizz to a 50 win season? Granted he got swept in the playoffs but that's nothing to frown at.
Plus Gasol was putting up close to the same numbers he did in Memphis. Now he has become a tougher player due to
playing with Kobe. I do believe Gasol is better all around player then Bosh.

Real question is, how miserable was Bosh in Toronto? He hasnt stopped smiling since he left there.

Real question is, how miserable was Bosh in Toronto? He hasnt stopped smiling since he left there.

Bosh is getting a raw deal all of a sudden. I wonder why??

I remember when laker fans were getting hot flashes when they thought Odom and Bynum for Bosh in the offseason was going to happen.

Now all of a sudden Bosh isn't good enough to hold Pau Gasols luggage from the bus to the locker room.

Interesting.

Bosh is getting a raw deal all of a sudden. I wonder why??

I remember when laker fans were getting hot flashes when they thought Odom and Bynum for Bosh in the offseason was going to happen.

Now all of a sudden Bosh isn't good enough to hold Pau Gasols luggage from the bus to the locker room.

Interesting.

He isn't & never was... But he'll be at his best in a situation like this. I neve thought he was th eplayer to lead a team, but a 2nd option would be his best role. (In this case 3rd, but I think with everyone taking stat cuts, it'll work out fine).

He isn't & never was... But he'll be at his best in a situation like this. I neve thought he was th eplayer to lead a team, but a 2nd option would be his best role. (In this case 3rd, but I think with everyone taking stat cuts, it'll work out fine).

Back
Top Bottom