When did Domestic cars(GM, Ford, Stalantis) start to make poorly made cars and have a reputation of “unreliable” cars?

Have y'all actually kept a car longer than 6 years?

Around 100k miles, something fails
-Water Pump
-Fuel Pump
-A/C compressor
-Timing Belts
-Battery
-Spark Plugs

Around 150k miles it's the
-Starter
-Alternator
-Radiator/Heatercore
-Ball Joints/Tie Rods
-Wheel Bearings/Lug Nuts
-Oil Pan

Around 200k it's the
-Entire Electrical system going haywire - Window Regulators, Lock Actuators, Instrument Panel/Gauges
-valve Covers, gaskets and seals -most cars are either leaking oil or coolant at this point
-Whole Suspension, shocks and struts, differential, control arms. And keep in mind only ASE certified dudes can fix these things.

And finally around 250k the entire engine or transmission bites the dust. So by the end of all this, you ended up spending double the cars value. Hell, these mechanics are so busy, they might have your car for 3-4 days at a time waiting for parts to come in. Having to use rentals/Uber during the downtime is another thing that slowly drains your wallet.
I have a 2007 Mazda 6 right now that had no problems aside from a small oil and coolant leak. I think the mileage is at 266K.

I love my Wrangler man but that **** is a terrible drive 😂.
I drove a 2022 Jeep Gladiator when I was down in Atlanta, the ride was awful and the interior was super cheap/flimsy. But, they be wanting $50k-75k for this? LMFAO

71279248815__95653E1C-7A92-4620-AB27-7C2ACD2FF612.jpeg

Have y'all actually kept a car longer than 6 years?

Around 100k miles, something fails
-Water Pump
-Fuel Pump
-A/C compressor
-Timing Belts
-Battery
-Spark Plugs

Around 150k miles it's the
-Starter
-Alternator
-Radiator/Heatercore
-Ball Joints/Tie Rods
-Wheel Bearings/Lug Nuts
-Oil Pan

Around 200k it's the
-Entire Electrical system going haywire - Window Regulators, Lock Actuators, Instrument Panel/Gauges
-valve Covers, gaskets and seals -most cars are either leaking oil or coolant at this point
-Whole Suspension, shocks and struts, differential, control arms. And keep in mind only ASE certified dudes can fix these things.

And finally around 250k the entire engine or transmission bites the dust. So by the end of all this, you ended up spending double the cars value. Hell, these mechanics are so busy, they might have your car for 3-4 days at a time waiting for parts to come in. Having to use rentals/Uber during the downtime is another thing that slowly drains your wallet.

Had an 2002 Impala for 16 years with 234k miles. Bought it for 7k in 2008 definitely got my money's worth with no major problems.

Back
Top Bottom